Sign in to follow this  
ChiTownTBird312

AQ HDC compared to Fi BL

in your (non biased) opinion, which sub would you say, in there optimal enslure w/at least rms power running to them, would sound better/be louder?

a few guys on CA.com i was talking to said that i should get the HDC's over the BL's and that they are louder. he said the HDC's are more comparable to the BTL's....of course i have my doubts but i want to know what you guys think

thanks

I agree with everything that you said the guys from CA said. The hdc's will be louder and are more comparable to the btl. The btl's will probably sound better, but for the money you'd be way further ahead by getting the Audioque subs over the bl's.

okay thanks...any other input guys/girls?

anybody have any hands on experience wit them or runnin them at the moment?

Edited by ChiTownTBird312

idk but im changing my mind lol i was going to run some bls but since the AQ can do a bit more with the same prize range

i say go with the AQ's im just waiting on that income tax to get them :neil:

thats what im thinking too....fully loade bl 15 is more than 300 bucks. the hdc 15 is only 250 and if they are more comparable to the btl im thinking its definately a better buy

including shipping about 335 for the AQ the copper ones and then again the bl 354 + shipping say 40 so 394 but then again the bl most of the time can go just to 2000 rms but people run the AQ with 2200 rms or more so i believe AQ will do better than the bl but the btl is beter then AQ so for the money spend the AQ is the best choise.

im doing 18's by the way so your prize i believe is a bit less

Edited by XxedgarxX

including shipping about 335 for the AQ the copper ones and then again the bl 354 + shipping say 40 so 394 but then again the bl most of the time can go just to 2000 rms but people run the AQ with 2200 rms or more so i believe AQ will do better than the bl but the btl is beter then AQ so for the money spend the AQ is the best choise.

I don't recall raising the price of the HDC315 $46

i did the prices on 18's ;)

i did the prices on 18's ;)

My bad, the 18's are $289 plus S$H

both are good woofers but if your only using 1k the diffrence wont really be that noticeable the prices are about the same i say go with whatever you like it shouldnt matter much. another sub to look at is the dc lvl4

ive always liked dc subs...what are their prices like for 12's and 15's? *for the lvl4's?

Edited by ChiTownTBird312

ive always liked dc subs...what are their prices like for 12's and 15's? *for the lvl4's?

Get in contact w/ Rusty for exact prices. But they are about the same as the AQs I believe. IDK though. I got quotes on the Lv4XLs.

Do the adioques have a cooling feature like the option u can get with Fi?

The HDC series come standard with pretty much all the cooling features...cross drilled extended polepiece. cross drilled coil formers, machined cooling slots, vented backplate, vented basket. The 18" also has raised basket cooling.

Well hells yeah. Best part there is no leads to bust , just direct wiring to the coil? What size gauge is that by the way?

HDC is almost a copy of the DD 9500. If that helps.

HDC is almost a copy of the DD 9500. If that helps.

Wow now i cant wait just need money to get them :Doh:

i wonder how they do in the 32 hz area since from their web it says tune them to 38 to 4something :shrug: