AlpineAndy

AlpineAndy's SQ Solara

Well I have been working on my car for about 2 weeks now and figured I should post up some pics of the build. The car is being built to compete in MECA's amatuer street SQ class. The car is not 100% done yet, it just needs to be made pretty and then I am set, but that won't happen before the comp. at Casper Saturday. Before I begin I want to say thank you to Mark at SSA (for one of the best sounding subs that I have ever heard), Jacob at Sundown (for some very well built amps), all of my buddies at SoundCheck (Goddie, Cooper, RP, Hank, and Ryan), and my team mates Marshall and Chris.

Equipment being used is in my sig.

Here are the pics in order (somewhat)

IMG00033.jpg

IMG00038.jpg

IMG00036.jpg

IMG00035.jpg

IMG00047.jpg

IMG00048.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

IMG00042.jpg

IMG00056.jpg

IMG00055.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

Looking good. Nice work.

Nice install. Are you keeping the wire in the open to show?

woot anther single ssa on a 3000d :)

means i gotta get the 3500 to be different

awesome setup!

UPDATE:

Well I took the car to the Carl Casper MECA comp. yesterday for its first show of the year. I competed in the Amateur Street SQ class. Only judged on a 70 point scale instead of the 100 point scale. The car managed to score a 51.7 average without the EQ and T/A. It's nice to know that I have lots of room to grow, plus I still need to pretty up the install.

this looks great! Nice equipment. I'll get you up on the teamssaudio.com webiste here shortly.

Sounds great I will get better pics up of the car and the finished install soon.

looks great, how much deadener did you use in total?

There is 100sq feet of peel n seel, 4 bulk packs, and 1 trunk pack of dynamat

Nice install. Are you keeping the wire in the open to show?

No it will all be covered with beauty panels.

woot anther single ssa on a 3000d :)

means i gotta get the 3500 to be different

awesome setup!

Yea but mine is running at 4ohms, I am either going to add another Icon 10" or switch to an Icon 15" or Xcon 18". I dont need it but I am still a bit of a bass head and like to have something to rockout with when I am not competeing, I am already missing a ported box.

I would love to hear your setup, mine sounds great and I only have one 10". Your car is what has inspired me to get mine done in this cold Indiana weather.

Sometimes displaying the vains of your install looks nicer than covering them up.

51.7 out of 70 for your first show is pretty good.

Good score! I think it is at least........... idk about SQ. :)

What size power wire is that going into the 3000?

Edited by bassahaulic

Congrats on the score saw your car at casper but didnt introduce myself. Plan on hitting anymore shows in Ky this year?

Good score! I think it is at least........... idk about SQ. :)

What size power wire is that going into the 3000?

It's only 4 but I am running the amp at 4ohm and no gain so I think it will be ok :)

Congrats on the score saw your car at casper but didnt introduce myself. Plan on hitting anymore shows in Ky this year?

Yea I plan on goin to all of the shows in E-town and all of the IL and IN ones.

My score could have been better , I lost one point just because my relay clicks when it comes on. I hope to be scoreing 56/57s by the end of the season.

Edited by AlpineAndy

Yea I plan on goin to all of the shows in E-town and all of the IL and IN ones.

My score could have been better , I lost one point just because my relay clicks when it comes on. I hope to be scoreing 56/57s by the end of the season.

Cool man I guess I will see you there I know I will be at all the etown shows. I might try to do a little stcok sq just for fun sometime lol.

great job andy!! setup is lookin really good and great score!

sucks we couldn't get the truck finished in time but it will get done. but we should see you at comps in IL and IN.

as of right now i'm runnin my setup in the monte so we might run it for a bit.... depending on how much is left on the truck :)

Picked up a few new toys today :D

Here are some picks of my new reference system still in their boxes

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

Small Update.

The install hasn't changed or got pretty yet. I have two SSA Dcon 12's to put in it and now that I don

That is an awesome post, nice work!! :)

drop me an email at support@ssa with your pics and info, i'll get you on the team page asap. Congrats on the season so far. :)