Hmmm ...re-booted and the window didn't pop up to let me install it when I opened up Firefox ...

Firefox rules but only when you add "tab browser extensions"

In firefox i cant copy paste things on crapaudio.com

It really bugs me because i cant post links, i have to open IE and do it

Old thread, I know. So tired of hearing about how great FireFox is from people who heard it from a friend. A co-worked told me today that he uses it because it has tabbed browsing and is so much better for use of memory than IE. Too bad IE 7 has tabbed browsing and FF is a bit of a memory hog. I have a real issue with the whole premise of FF: it's only really good if you add the many extensions available to the program, but then you experience a plethora of memory leaks, particularly if you leave your computer on for long periods of time like I do.

I picked up Opera maybe a year and a half ago and have never turned back. UI is not complicated, allows for some customization, but it is very feature heavy without becoming bulky and slow like FF. Seems to me like Opera has always been best at providing great usable features for the internet savvy, rather than allowing for user-submitted eye candy that negates any improvements.

And to top it all off, IE7 has a more user-friendly TDI than FF, although I still prefer Opera, particularly since they switched to MDI style browsing.

Opera is my preference also. But for speed I wish there was a PC version of Safari.

Just made the switch from Firefox to Opera ...

Opera seems much faster and I'm sort of computer retarded, so I'm finding it very easy to use and set-up.

the only downside to opera is that it likes to freeze up on me, does it quite often but doesn't crash, just freezes for about 30sec. I'm upgrading right now though, hope that will take care of the problem.

I've mostly been using Opera over the last 2 or so years ... Excellent browser with tons of useful, well-implemented features ... The ONLY features I wish Opera had that Firefox has are:

Real-time spell checking

Real-time search

Both those features are really useful.

Also, I can't say I've ever had Opera freeze on me ...

Trying out the new Apple Safari for Windows ... Thoroughly unimpressed. It's much better on a Mac, that's for sure.

Web pages load a lot faster in both Firefox and Opera, everything looks funny, it doesn't maximize properly, some of the sites/forums I regularly visit don't display properly, etc.

i just d/l the new firefox and now it's freezing up on me like opera used to. hell while typing this reply it's done it twice(as of here) and i've had to wait about 20s for it to come back to life.

i guess it's time to switch back to opera

The latest version of Opera has Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Search, and Text-to-Speech context links :)

Just Switched to Firefox. Been wanting too just, lazy I guess. Firefox is the only was some stuff works on my campus connection. Didn't know Firefox had a spell checker and all kinds of baller add ons. Very Nice

been using firefox for awhile now. i like it. but i noticed its slow on myspace, could be myspaces problem though, dam image heavy site :GRR: only reason i even go there is to deny the spammers and look at teh jailbaits..

Newest versions of Opera and Netscape are out.

Opera beta: http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/next/

The new Opera beta is fvcking incredible ... I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and it makes every other browser look slow as molasses by comparison. The new history search is freaking fantastic and syncing your bookmarks, speed dial, etc. through MyOpera rocks for when I visit my GF.

If you haven't tried Opera 9.5 yet, I HIGHLY suggest you do so.

I am using 9.24 right now ... guess I will have to download the new one.

I am using 9.24 right now ... guess I will have to download the new one.
You won't regret it ...

It has much better network resource management than 9.24 ... Unlike 9.24 and other browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer), I can be downloading via torrents and/or newsgroups and not have it significantly affect the speed of the browser (the speed of the downloads drops for a second while loading the webpage, but that makes no difference on a 5 GB download). Along w/ the other things I mentioned last night, they've also improved Bittorrent and IRC support as well as the integrated mail functions (though I haven't really used them since upgrading to 9.5, so I don't know how well they work.)

In addition, it looks like they've really concentrated a lot on compatibility. None of the websites I regularly visit have issues w/ 9.5 (whereas there were a few w/ 9.24 where I had to mask as IE) and all of them display properly (wasn't really an issue w/ 9.24, but was w/ older versions of Opera).

9.5 is tripping up on me some, causing graphical mess ups with other programs.

I decided I would try going back to 9.25 stable and man ... 9.5 is just so much better ... When they get this finalized, it will definitely be the best browser around ...

Maxthon has grown on me somewhat in recent months as well, although I still like Opera better ...

I like Maxthon too, but I still stick to Opera...sometimes I use K-Meleon which seems to be a very fast browser.

I tried FlashPeak's SlimBrowser after reading a couple good reviews but was disappointed.

Neil, thanks for the heads up, trying out Maxthon now, seems to run faster then FF and Opera for me. I think I got silly and have too much crap loaded on FF.

9.50 Final is out for Opera ... Very nice face lift ...

I used both Opera and FF when they were still in their infancy, and they were both great browsers. I tried FF second, and it just stuck. If you're still using Internet Exploder, you suck. Just kiddin. But you're missing out! :drink40:

My FF extensions include google tool bar lite (i love the search on webpage function MEAN)... replace image with your image (Mark you should use this alot for webpage making cause i sure do)... I also got the IE TAB extension (the one you can view page in with the IE engine once again web developers dream no need open IE just click "view in IE extension").. I go tthe switch proxy...

Have you guys used the tutorial on making it even faster by manipulating the source file (IE doesn't have this which is why FF rules)...

1.Type

i use safari on my PC and firefox, i prefer safari over firefox for its cleanliness though

9.50 Final is out for Opera ... Very nice face lift ...

Just installed it on the laptop, will be messing with it soon.