jfin1204

preordered sundown3500d. now need subs! finally

I will probably end up with the X's ;)

I will probably end up with the X's ;)

Same with me :)

if i went 2 12's ported i move up to the bl series instead of Q's on the 3500d. but the 4 10's sound good because its ported. if i decided 15's nightshade would i be missing any high bass notes, because 15's that ive heard is just deeeep azz bass. and 10 are more of a ponchy bass.

if i went 2 12's ported i move up to the bl series instead of Q's on the 3500d. but the 4 10's sound good because its ported. if i decided 15's nightshade would i be missing any high bass notes, because 15's that ive heard is just deeeep azz bass. and 10 are more of a ponchy bass.

No, no, and no. They all play the same bass.

and you spelled "Punchy" wrong :P

Good luck getting three or four 12's in a ported box in just the trunk.

how much cu/ft would i need for 2 nightshade 15's ported and whats the rms on them.

I have heard they don't need aot of airspace at all.

1500 rms

it would be 3 q's or four ssd sealed and only 2 q's or bl's in ported box in the trunk.

Do 2 Bl's ported. If your set on Fi

2 nightshades dont sound bad, but i should def. go ported

it would be 3 q's or four ssd sealed and only 2 q's or bl's in ported box in the trunk.

Ahh ok I must've skipped over the sealed part and assumed ported for all.

what about the death penalty 21" i could afford that. or would the night shades be better.

what about the death penalty 21" i could afford that. or would the night shades be better.

3500rms to one dp21? Even if you wire it to 2 ohms it'd be a shame not to use full power.

A Team mate of mine is selling his!!!

Buy one!

from all the imput ive decided to 2 subs ported, most likely 15's should i do nightshade 1500rms, death penalty 1500rms, or bl series 1000rms. from the looks so far maybe not the bl but need imput.

from all the imput ive decided to 2 subs ported, most likely 15's should i do nightshade 1500rms, death penalty 1500rms, or bl series 1000rms. from the looks so far maybe not the bl but need imput.

You would do best with the Nightshades since they need the least air space out of the bunch.

thats what i was thinking i just needed reasurance. looks like im ordering them friday on pay day.

I see people doing 2-3 cubes per Nightshade 15" ported. Think you could do that?

2.5 cubes is perfect for a Nightshade 15. You will have a larger box than 5 cubes though for 2 of them because you will have to take into account the woofer and port displacement. You will more than likely have an external box that is about 6.5 cubes or so depending on how large of a port you go with. I can tell you from experience that the NS 15's are definately no joke. Mine are doing over a 150 at 40hz in a Focus ZX3.

I doing 2 Nightshade 15's ported in a trunk, firing forward sealed from the trunk. 5.4cubes net.

if he's doing 5.4 cu/ft in a maxima i could do that in my car.