jfin1204

preordered sundown3500d. now need subs! finally

preordered 3500d. now ordering subs i want bass,sq is a plus but i want more spl. i am going a sealed enclosure in a lexus gs400 i dont know the cu/ft. what would be better 3 fi q 12 or 4 ssd 12. and are the q the same displacement as the ssd, because then i could maybe do 4 instead of 3. then i would know the answer to my question. the 3 q would be dual 2 ohm at 1.34 ohms and the 4 ssd dual 2 ohm woulds get down to 1 ohm.

plus it's hard to decide because i dont know the final rms of the amp.

Edited by jfin1204

preordered 3500d. now ordering subs i want bass,sq is a plus but i want more spl. i am going a sealed enclosure in a lexus gs400 i dont know the cu/ft. what would be better 3 fi q 12 or 4 ssd 12. and are the q the same displacement as the ssd, because then i could maybe do 4 instead of 3. then i would know the answer to my question. the 3 q would be dual 2 ohm at 1.34 ohms and the 4 ssd dual 2 ohm woulds get down to 1 ohm.

plus it's hard to decide because i dont know the final rms of the amp. i will do everthing necessary to get 14.4. big three, 3 batteries including under the hood, 300 amp alternator and 0 gauge.everywhere along with 8 gauge speaker wire. any help

You dont need 14.4 full tilt. As long as your above 12v your safe!

Edited by SEC

4 SSD's would be superior to 3 Q's. Good thinking on the electrical upgrades. Although there is no need for 8 gauge speaker wire. 10 gauge would work fine.

4 SSD's would be superior to 3 Q's. Good thinking on the electrical upgrades. Although there is no need for 8 gauge speaker wire. 10 gauge would work fine.

I say go for the Q's to!

Who are you agreeing with? I said SSD's.

I say go for the Q's to!

LOL what? Who said I was agreeing with anyone? I say go for the Q's but 4 of them.

Edited by SEC

I say go for the Q's to!

LOL what? Who said I was agreeing with anyone? I say go for the Q's but 4 of them.

The word to(actually you misspelled it) too*

It means also... Implying you were seconding a choice

The word to(actually you misspelled it) too*

It means also... Implying you were seconding a choice

Thank you, that is exactly what I was going to say. :)

LOL Ummm correcting someones grammar does not make you look smart or cool :P

Please tell me your not serious...

i am going a sealed enclosure in a lexus gs400 i dont know the cu/ft.

Until you know how big the box can be, it is going to be nothing more than a guess on which one will be better.

If you do not have enough airspace for four 12's, then three 12's is going to sound better. . .

Brian

yeah definitely make sure to not choke those subs!

get the q's

Edited by BoomBoxB

Qs over the ssd... that way you can get a good size box. and why sealed over the port?

A good way I have seen to get over 14+ volts is a MLA, Missing Link Audio module. It can be set to what voltage you want.

I haven't heard of/seen any problems with it.

A friend of mine uses one, and at full tilt with two SAZ-3000's he DROPS to 14.7

i was thinking sealed over ported because, in ported, the box will have to be bigger. and i wouldn't fit the amount of subs that i would want. i could probably only fit 2-12's q if i do ported.

do the q's and the ssd'd have the same basket displacement?

Edited by jfin1204

The Q is .16, the SSD is .14.

The output from 2 ported 12"s would be greater then 3 sealed 12"s.

You could do 4 10's in a 5 cube box ported and be fine. I know you didn't say anything about 10's but it's just a suggestion. If you really wanted to do 12's you could do them in 1.5 cubes each and probably do 3 easy in your trunk ported.

I still say 4 sealed SSD's. It will be the same as 2 ported Q's cone area wise, and there will be more coils do dissipate heat, and they will take more power.

Why people are saying Q's I do not know, maybe its the fact that they think you need something bigger, that because there is a slightly higher power rating you need it versus the smaller yet better choice.

2 Nightshade 15"s ported.

2 Nightshade-X 15"s ported. On an SAZ-3500D.

Fixed ;)

2 Nightshade-X 15"s ported. On an SAZ-3500D.

Fixed ;)

thanks you