Sign in to follow this  
2000GPGT

Jl Audio W6's

Hey all,

Ok long story short my buddy came across 2 12" jl audio w6's and the voice coils were blown... he gave them to me thinking i would be able to do somethin with them... 3 months have past and im still sittin on some paper weights...

In everyones honest opinion how much could i sell these subs for?

Contact JL Audio and see how much they'd recone them for. Then figure out how much they sell for when not broken. Subtract the two and you have your answer.

Contact JL Audio and see how much they'd recone them for. Then figure out how much they sell for when not broken. Subtract the two and you have your answer.

Nice Logic! :bigclap:

JL recones are obscenely expensive. My friend was trying to get his done because the cone itself got a dent in it and i believe it was nearly 400 dollars. That was a W7, but i would imagine the W6 would be right around the 200 dollar mark if not more after shipping. It seems JL prices their recones very close to the street/internet/unauthorized price of the actual sub

I know how to repair these. Are they the 12w6v3D4? I am running three of these in a Durango. Two I rebuilt,one has a fosgate voice coil that is 300mm and DVC 4Ohm.

They work flawlessly.best speakers in the world if you ask me. JL audio sets the standard and bar for clean and powerful SQ. 

It's been 14 years bro, OP isn't going to respond.

On 8/2/2023 at 3:21 PM, jcarter1885 said:

It's been 14 years bro, OP isn't going to respond.

Haha, never know.