Sign in to follow this  
daef13165

Fudged up sub

Hi I have an Fi BL 15 in a 4.2cu enclosure tuned to 32 htz powered by an AQ1200d. My sub has been in for about 2 weeks and I think the thing is shot already. It wont drop at all to low frequency's (it did before) and it makes a kind of grinding noise when its hitting. I pulled the sub out and one coil test out to 1.7 ohms and the other is like 1.6 ohms. Ive never had my gain above half except when I first got it I played it for like 10 minutes on 3/4 gain. I dont know what to do i sent an email to Fi monday morning and havnt heared from them yet. Oh and I thought it might be a grounding issue so I put in 1/0 gauge wire and it still did it. If anybody could help it would be much appreciated thanks.

Where is your subsonic filter set?

Move the cone with your hand, and see if it feel rough or sticks when you do. Remove the sub from the box and see if there is any visible charring on the voice coil. Also, give us your amp settings like Nick asked for.

I hear no noise when i press the sub and it doesnt stick. my filter is at about 30 because i was told to set it at that because thats where my enclosure is tuned to. Ive had the filter all over testing different spots to c if it would sound better but it hasnt changed.

check for air leaks in the box

post up pics of the spider and voice coil. Did it make the grinding noise when you pushed it in?

I put line isolators on the RCA's and no my hearing isnt damaged.

Do you have a headphone jack to rca splitter? If you do, run from a external source and see if it makes the noise(mp3 player,cd player,etc)

Sign in to follow this