drapedupDTS

can sundown amps be painted???

i will be redoing my install in a few months and wanted to know if maybe i can color match the amps with the color of the car... not really gonna be going to shows just a personal preference, i think the amps would look sick painted... new set up will be 2 15 ns, 2 1500s, and a 100.4, the box is getting built by pete which we havent worked on the details yet but he stated that we might go the horn route... i have a good bit of room to work with, enclosure space to work with is 16 high, 42 wide, and 30 deep... also i have a ohio gen 180/225 alt and getting a d3100 to replace my 2 dekas ( which i plan on selling).

i know you can at least paint the silver piece on the top of the amp. the rest idk.

but then again i dont know if the thickness of the paint would make the amp run hotter

ive seen some pictures of ones that had vinyl decals on them, like a full scene covering the front. not sure how that would effect the cooling either

Edited by 01 S 10

I would think that you could paint them just make sure you dont get any inside Id think it would be more of a hassle than its worth

vynal FTW

Lord Baccus has his covered in vynal, looks sick.

Here is one of my friends Sundown 100.2 that he painted..

1002391md8.jpg

1002392pv0.jpg

1002395ix4.jpg

1002393ws9.jpg

that chit is sick... if i sent him mine would he be willing to paint em for a price???

It's a crime to paint Sundown amps.

I agree!

sundown has some of the sexiest looking amps...Simple=Sexy

You could powdercoat it, even though they look sexy stock. I have thought about it...

i dont think powdercoating would be a good idea it keeps in heat!!!

i dont think powdercoating would be a good idea it keeps in heat!!!

but ceramic coating will but might not look so good