kryptonitewhite

lot of Q problems...

since I've been frequenting this forum more, I have noticed there is a significant number of issues with the Q line. I'm guessing just coincidence? Or is there a ryme or reason?

i am very happy with mine and so are all my friends who ride with me lol so idk im ordering some more Fi subs tomorrow but not everyone can be like the guy on youtube wit the 18's (steave meade) and run 2x plus the rms ratings but hey he's great for marketing so you really cant hate on him :D

I blame users that throw too much power at them (plus clipping), in a box not designed for their woofers application, on a weak electrical system.

simple reason.

Idiots think they want SQ and loud and buy the Q to be loud, when in reality they should buy a BL. 99.999% of the time when someone asks if they should buy a Q or ______ they shouldn't be buying the Q.

You can make an iron wedge and somebody will figure out how to bend it.

No issues with the Q's...people just figure out how to bend iron wedges...sort of like yourself running the ib sub in a box..with a ton of power on it. Which is the polar opposite of what you should be doing.

;)

well good, cuz the more I look at the Q, the more I want to drop the IB3 22" with the Q motor in the wrong box with the wrong power and know when I blow it up, it is MY fault and not Fi's fault

:)

Lmao People Bending Iron Wedges LOL

# 1 Problem = Throwing Toooooo Much Power To Their Subs

thats all i wanted to know. I'm not a bitch so I am never ever scared to admit that I blow chit up all the time and that it is my fault. I think for a person that bends the rules so much, I do pretty damn well. Throwing a 2600 watt amp on a sub designed for IB in 20.8 cubes @ an ungodly 16Hz and lasting as long as it did? Some credit has got to be due! But I'm guessin not, but that's OK. At least I know I can email nick at fi and get immidiate help from a wonderful gentleman and one hell of a business man

Edited by kryptonitewhite

well good, cuz the more I look at the Q, the more I want to drop the IB3 22" with the Q motor in the wrong box with the wrong power and know when I blow it up, it is MY fault and not Fi's fault

The Q doesn't have enough motor force for a 22" cone, only the BL and BTL can push it.

The Q doesn't have enough motor force for a 22" cone, only the BL and BTL can push it.

+ SMD hehe

I believe they said they are using the Q motor for the 22" IB version.

my problem was quickly resolve with Nick. Great custumer service and don't worry about product quality. They're awesome!

Edited by xprime4

+ SMD hehe

man that would be FUN!

but, $$ wise and for what I want... high Xmax, low Fs, wide passband, flat responce... a 22" IB3 is what I'll probably get :)

I'd love to play with a duece duece SMD if I had 2 badass amps though :D

since I've been frequenting this forum more, I have noticed there is a significant number of issues with the Q line. I'm guessing just coincidence? Or is there a ryme or reason?

ive noticed the same thing over the past few weeks. I ordered a Q when Fi first launched and its still thumping perfectly. i think sean put it best:

simple reason.

Idiots think they want SQ and loud and buy the Q to be loud, when in reality they should buy a BL. 99.999% of the time when someone asks if they should buy a Q or ______ they shouldn't be buying the Q.

especially since they are the same price. if someone doesnt know what to buy, id advise getting the thing that will take more abuse because they are unknowingly going to abuse it with their lack of knowledge

nick, any way you guys could put something on the website when they go to checkout with a Q that says "are you sure you dont need a BL instead?"

nick, any way you guys could put something on the website when they go to checkout with a Q that says "are you sure you dont need a BL instead?"

haha nice :P

I'm kind of wishing I would have been more patient and waited till i could scrounge a few more bucks up to get the Q to begin with... learn as you go... jus seems I never get to a nice plateau. When I get to the next level, I still break it and go "oh, now I know, next time..." and the cyle continues LOL

simple reason.

i agree. though i'm one of those idiots. but i'm completely satisfied with my Q. i think the main problem for new people coming into car audio, think they want SQ.. but come to find out that they dont. is because they have no experience with either. thats how it was for me. all i had experience on was reading online, and seeing some videos. but video's do nothing really. this stuff should all be judged by first hand experience.

i thought i wanted SQ, which i do. but right now, i don't have everything needed for an SQ setup. meaning patience, time, and money. plus as it turns out, now that i have the Q and know what SQ is more leaning towards, for my next setup, i will most likely go with SPL orientated sub. just so i can really find out what i like since i will have first hand experience with both.

just gotta learn first hand.

simple reason.

i agree. though i'm one of those idiots. but i'm completely satisfied with my Q. i think the main problem for new people coming into car audio, think they want SQ.. but come to find out that they dont. is because they have no experience with either. thats how it was for me. all i had experience on was reading online, and seeing some videos. but video's do nothing really. this stuff should all be judged by first hand experience.

i thought i wanted SQ, which i do. but right now, i don't have everything needed for an SQ setup. meaning patience, time, and money. plus as it turns out, now that i have the Q and know what SQ is more leaning towards, for my next setup, i will most likely go with SPL orientated sub. just so i can really find out what i like since i will have first hand experience with both.

just gotta learn first hand.

what if you went with 2 subs instead of 1, or a larger sub...so you could still have SQ and more of it? That's my approach going to 1 very large sub with lots of power.... sure a 15" BTL is louder than a 22" IB3, but, I'm still gonna be pretty loud with an SQ system

meh, a single 10" sub is more than enough for almost any SQ system INCLUDING ones with monster front stages.

As I said before, everyone who has had a problem breaking a Q is an idiot and bought it for the wrong reasons. They should have taken notes when reading the noobie posting guidelines.

meh, a single 10" sub is more than enough for almost any SQ system INCLUDING ones with monster front stages.

As I said before, everyone who has had a problem breaking a Q is an idiot and bought it for the wrong reasons. They should have taken notes when reading the noobie posting guidelines.

the guy said he wants SQ and he wants it louder.

so if $$ wasn't a factor I would double the subs/volume/power and electrical

or

go bigger, drop the 12" and go 15" 18" or what have you.

I'm guessin 1st option is better in his case if he has the room for it

the guy said he wants SQ and he wants it louder.

so if $$ wasn't a factor I would double the subs/volume/power and electrical

or

go bigger, drop the 12" and go 15" 18" or what have you.

I'm guessin 1st option is better in his case if he has the room for it

Wrong. If he wants SQ and he wants it louder, he needs to worry about midbass and not sub bass. I am sure a single Q can EASILY keep up with even a monster front stage. Considering this wasn't addressed he is not at all after an SQ setup.

If he wants a SQ setup, he isn't looking for dominating bass. He's looking for something to match the output of his front stage and evenly blend together.

makes me wonder why there is a 12", 15", and especially an 18" Q then

makes me wonder why there is a 12", 15", and especially an 18" Q then

because they are very nice woofers when played inside of their limits. i love how my Q 18 sounds tuned at 30hz.