Punkeyboozter

Monday Blue's

Well this wknd I got so pissed off... you know the type where you want to distroy the world.

Anyway I through a remote(big TV remote) and the bastard thing smached into my sub busting the dustcap and slightly denting the top of the coil. Now Im going to try and fix it but need to know if i can use a domed dustcap where the previous one was inverted. will it change the sound/performance alot? was planning to use it for an SPL project as this budget sub gets louder then my BL and can take the abuse. It cant take a direct hit from a remote though.

would appreciate your imput.

lol on you .............................

i even dont want to know why do u throw brick remotes at subs .... but if the sub is for SPL than just smack somethin on it ...

The dustcap won't matter.

yeah man im still fuming the laughing will take some time. Actually didnt aim it at the sub. maybe it was murthy's law.

I know its not an SPL sub as per say, but hopefully it can be some fun for burps off 3000 RMS I hope there isnt any hidden damage either. It took a 1500 RMS of music like a champ for a few songs before it will get smelly in the car. ...or shall i say; use-to.

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

That dustcap isn't dented its totally shattered!

You sir are deadly with a remote :(

ya its the top of the coil but its above the cone so i hope it will be ok. any idea how much for a new dustcap?

a friend smashed his dust cap on an orion h2 15 would he be able to just replace it with any other dust cap or would he have to buy a new orion h2 15 dust cap

ya its the top of the coil but its above the cone so i hope it will be ok. any idea how much for a new dustcap?

Just cover it with duct tape and call it a day.

a friend smashed his dust cap on an orion h2 15 would he be able to just replace it with any other dust cap or would he have to buy a new orion h2 15 dust cap

Any dust cap that will fit would work. All you need is tape and some epoxy to fix it.

Ill try and find a dustcap in the local market if not Ill have to ship it. Not sure about the Mc Gyver Duct-tape thingy, im sure it will work but it will look just wrong. You guys have a certain brand of epoxy glue that you preffer?

Thanks for all the reply;s makes me feel better already. You might just see an OPTI FI or an OPTI Nightshade or whatever cheap dustcap I can find..

One of the many companies on here will sell you a blank dustcap, just a 5-minute epoxy from SEARS.

Ill try and find a dustcap in the local market if not Ill have to ship it. Not sure about the Mc Gyver Duct-tape thingy, im sure it will work but it will look just wrong. You guys have a certain brand of epoxy glue that you preffer?

Thanks for all the reply;s makes me feel better already. You might just see an OPTI FI or an OPTI Nightshade or whatever cheap dustcap I can find..

Not to hold the dust cap down. To tape to your hand so you can hold on to it when you're applying the cap to the cone.

Not to hold the dust cap down. To tape to your hand so you can hold on to it when you're applying the cap to the cone.

Sounds like a plan. ill give it a shot thanks. at least you didnt say its to tie me down, because that will sound funny coming from a guy

For those who can still remember or care...

I have managed to source an RF dustcap to repair the sub.

Here it is after some cleaning up

IMG_1935.jpg

....inverted?

IMG_1932.jpg

....Or domed?

IMG_1934.jpg

Here she is all ready to role...I liked the inverted look better..it seems nicer then original as well.

IMG_1936.jpg

Ye the inverted look's better :fing34:

Ye the inverted look's better :fing34:

You would!