RobClay

Xcon 18s teaser pics #2 ;)

Heres mine, just got them in today. no pics of the dustcaps for you all, that's private until the larger one's come in.

But the one's on now look very sexy :)

DSC04232.jpg

DSC04236.jpg

DSC04235.jpg

DSC042312.jpg

DSC042302.jpg

Made sure you couldnt see the cap :P

wow i really like those.

now that i got a job sqaured away i can put money towards more goodies.

how much does a 15 run and RMS?

wow i didn't realize the surround was that big, sucker definitely looks like it'll move a lot. those 18s?

wow i didn't realize the surround was that big, sucker definitely looks like it'll move a lot. those 18s?

You bet :)

wow brain fart lol im tired and didn't even think what the title said. 18s no matter which ones always seem to make the motor look small but they still look pretty beastly. can wait to see them on my 15 baskets should look like monsters

Ye, motor is bigger than i expected. It's a beast ;)

sweet! After listening to mine and kinda/sorta getting them all dialed in, wow! Is all I can say. Rock/Rap/Hip Hop/Bass testers, anything I through at them are just perfect reproduction on sound. Man they sound good. I just took them on an HR. drive, I might be deff now lols

we want numbers

we want numbers

we want numbers

oh

we want dust caps

we want dust caps

we want dust caps

actually i take all those back

i want a Xcon!

i want a Xcon!

I WANT A XCON!!!

and no i do NOT mean the human kind..

Whoa!!!

That's a solid looking sub!!!

Very nice!!

these things are sexy!!!!!

am i the only one who ordered a xcon 12 :)???

we want dust caps

we want dust caps

we want dust caps

I saw the dustcaps, but I'm not telling ;)

We are going to lower the rms a tiny bit, just to be on the safe side to dial in a little more DAF. As these are not pure SPL burp competition drivers. Yes they do have a very strong motor and hefty suspension with stout leads, but we did not have pure SPL competition at the top of the priority list when we decided on this version to move to production. Yes, they can get brutally loud, but clarity and decent controlled excursion for clean higher output daily drivers was the goal. That is mirrored by the Dcon and the Icon in different segments of the market. Sure, people are going to try them in SPL competition vehicles, but some are going to try them in SQ competition vehicles too. For example, Mark's monster box is tuned to 31hz, Trevor is going to probably tune lower, and the majority of my testing was done between 33hz and 27hz box tuning, so the people that know the driver the best are tuning their ported enclosures the same way they would an Icon.

Only reason I am saying this is I have seen a few posts and topics with people wanting to put 3500+ watts on this driver in a high tuned box. We do have aspirations to do a competition SPL driver down the road if the market calls for it, but we have plenty on our plate at the moment with three very strong drivers in their respective segments.

:)

I can't wait to hear these things.....my goal is not SPL

I just want to lose control of my bottom lip and slobber when the low stuff kicks in

^Exactly. im tuning no higher than 30Hz

we want dust caps

we want dust caps

we want dust caps

I saw the dustcaps, but I'm not telling ;)

Ye, i let him you see them cause you wont show or tell :P

damn this makes me wish i had waited to buy a sub haha. im definately going to get one of these this year, but unfortunately it will be toward the end of the summer or maybe even later. i have a list of people saying they would buy my Q because they heard it and loved it as so do I...

im not sure if i can fit one of these in my trunk though?? its a volvo s70... but i am determined haha

I can't wait to hear these things.....my goal is not SPL

I just want to lose control of my bottom lip and slobber when the low stuff kicks in

I wish South Dakota was closer to BC! I would love to hear that "Beast" your building.

Chea..

You finally got them Rob =]

Real talk :D

sweet! After listening to mine and kinda/sorta getting them all dialed in, wow! Is all I can say. Rock/Rap/Hip Hop/Bass testers, anything I through at them are just perfect reproduction on sound. Man they sound good. I just took them on an HR. drive, I might be deff now lols

gotta hear them to and they are very detailed... not muddy at all.. i love them!!!

gotta hear them to and they are very detailed... not muddy at all.. i love them!!!

dude i cant wait to get mine!! and hear these 18's

Decided i would take a couple more pics, sub in the pic is a p3 12".

Ill take more pic's when the new cap's come in :)

DSC04235-1.jpg

DSC04233.jpg

DSC04245.jpg