Subs:  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which 18" subs.

• SSA xcon
    • IA DP
    • Other

Ok real simple. Wall in a first gen two door Blazer. 2x18"subs. I will buy the apms accordingly and have plenty o' space for a build. Back seat is out and will be staying out. Now would you go with the DP 18's or the new xcon 18's? I'm torn. Don't want a SPL only machine. Just a groundpounder.

Edited by johnecon2001

Your poll is messed up, it says ssa dcon instead of xcon.

But i vote xcon.

You could convince Rob up there to send you his new XCON 18's, I'm sure he would be up for it! :P

Oh and I voted other because that's not what the XCON's are designed for, it sounds like you want a sub that can handle all the power you can throw at it. Every sub is going to have limits, some more than others. I cannot say get the DP or not, I have no experience with them but have heard great things. I'm a Sundowner and I recommend the Nightshade :D

^Wrong, xcon's are ment for having nice sound and getting real loud hence you get a groundpounder ;)

And no my XCON 18's are mine :P

Ok fixt the poll :P

No I don't want something I can throw all the power in the world too though. Like I said I will power accordingly. Only walling it to fill in the back really. Long story. I wan't something I can tune in the low 30's an beat on every day that will have some form of SQ to it. Does that make sense?

Yes it does, and thats exactly why i recommend the xcon :)

Ok fixt the poll :P

No I don't want something I can throw all the power in the world too though. Like I said I will power accordingly. Only walling it to fill in the back really. Long story. I wan't something I can tune in the low 30's an beat on every day that will have some form of SQ to it. Does that make sense?

Okay let me get this straight, you want a wall with sound quality?

Lets take a step way back, what do you have in the front? Can your front stage keep up with this sound quality/ groundpounder wall abomination?

Wow dude that was kinda harsh. And yes it should be able to keep up just fine. I am doing an active three way setup in the front. Still deciding on the tweeters but it will have two sets of MLI-65's in the doors (or one in the door and one in the kick). If its not enough I will add to it. And no I didn't say it was going to be a pure SQ set up. All I was getting at was that I don't want to try and break any SPL records with it. All I want is a decent sounding set up that will pound. I know both will do that I was just looking at what you guys thought,

Edited by indytrucks

Wow dude that was kinda harsh. And yes it should be able to keep up just fine. I am doing an active three way setup in the front. Still deciding on the tweeters but it will have two sets of MLI-65's in the doors (or one in the door and one in the kick). If its not enough I will add to it. And no I didn't say it was going to be a pure SQ set up. All I was getting at was that I don't want to try and break any SPL records with it. All I want is a decent sounding set up that will pound. I know both will do that I was just looking at what you guys thought,

In no way did I mean for that to be harsh and I apologize. Since you seem to have a front stage to keep up go for it. What kind of power are we looking at? Or budget?

i think u should get the DPs ... they get LOUD and they sound great great on Music (that means some ...BAD bass !...)

u will stay IA lover for LIFE .... posterSM.jpg

Edited by Tyan

Budget- well I will be buying as I go so there really isn't one per say. Now at the same time I'm not going to drop 10k on my system either. I have some time to decide still because I am currently bagging the truck. Hence the reason for the wall. I am going to cover the notch cut out cover with the wall and build the amp rack in the back back.

Power- as I said I will power accordingly, however I am going to try and keep amps all the same brand and stlye to keep things "aesthetically pleasing". I have been looking at some different brands and have yet to make a final decision. Some I have taken into consideration are ****, Sundown, IA and Zed (that new 6 channel sounds like it'll be perfect). But have yet to make a decision.

I am one to plan ahead and TRY to stick to my plan once I have it. I will have the power sorted out with some Kinetic products, and the head unit will either be my AVIC-Z3 or I may try an Alpine double din. And I will be tuning with my 3sixty.2. Um, anything else I have left out just ask.

Tyan- If IA throws her in the mix I'm sold!

Edited by indytrucks

Its is to hard to compare the two as the Xcon just started shipping.

Tyan- If IA throws her in the mix I'm sold!

iam sure Nick(IA) will give u a poster with her phone number :fing34: and IA is somethin "different" :gift:

spend a couple extra dollars and get the 21's. They sound really good tuned around 32 herts.

buy both which everone u like better keep and sell the other

i voted xcon, only reason i loved sound quality the xcon 12 prototype sounded

Well it looks like the IA's have a slight lead. People are voting but not giving reasons. Thats reall what I am looking for. Opinions on why to go with each one. I realize that the xcon just started shipping though, maybe some of the guys who are just now running them could chime in.

How much power are you looking to run? I'm running mine on a 3kd sundown and seems underpowered to me.

buy both which everone u like better keep and sell the other

i voted xcon, only reason i loved sound quality the xcon 12 prototype sounded

gotta hear the 18s... they are quick and on beat everytime.. ahh rock.. sounds amazing :fing34::fing34:

Well it looks like the IA's have a slight lead. People are voting but not giving reasons. Thats reall what I am looking for. Opinions on why to go with each one. I realize that the xcon just started shipping though, maybe some of the guys who are just now running them could chime in.

It is very difficult to get an experienced answer on both as only a very small handful have probably heard/tested both drivers yet. I think it might be worth stepping back and looking at the goals or design of each driver first too, and thinking about which one is more suited for your install and listening tastes. Both are a quality, built in the USA drivers, and both are capable of very high output, but there are characteristics that make one driver more suited for one thing or the other. Either way, you get a very good sub woofer. :)

if you looking for groundpounder xcon is way for sure, ia is more a spl , and the xcon are more LOUD SOUND QUALITY sub perfect for a groundpounder system :rolleyes:

Whichever brand you choose, you will not be dissapointed. Both brands offer great products and great customer service... :fing34:

I have an SQ wall, and I'll never hear the end of how wrong I am

I have an SQ wall, and I'll never hear the end of how wrong I am

There is a difference between your IB setup and the wall he wants.