Subs:  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which 18" subs.

• SSA xcon
    • IA DP
    • Other

I vote X-cons for daily groundpounder. If you want more of an spl setup id say DPs

I said other I would go with JBL gti power 15's 3 of them but if I had to do 18's I would do 05 xxx's

ask thumpper to compare the JBLs to XCONs here shortly. I bet he'll have a great comparison ready.

I said other I would go with JBL gti power 15's 3 of them but if I had to do 18's I would do 05 xxx's

ask thumpper to compare the JBLs to XCONs here shortly. I bet he'll have a great comparison ready.

lol i heard through the great bine that the icon would be a better comparison to the gtis but then again what do i know.. hahaha

lol i heard through the great bine that the icon would be a better comparison to the gtis but then again what do i know.. hahaha

I've asked him about the GTi's vs the Icons and this is what he said.

the JBL Wgti subs are probably the most accurate musical woofer on the market

(differential drive design is really hard to beet for tonal accuracey)

I really like the sound of them but they are not re cone able and they are easy to fry

if you are running alot of power..I have filled the car up with smoke several times

with these subs...smells like burning bamboo

the Icons are one of the best sounding conventional subs I have heard..they are very

strong on the low end and they are awsome at handling over the rated RMS

I am un able to smoke the coils in a pair of 10" with a Crown A3000gti

and I can shread every other woofer on your thread with this amp

if you are not volume happy and just want accurate sound you can not beet the GTI

but if you like to bag the subs or like really strong deep sounding bass I would go with

the ICON....

I have four W10gti subs sitting right now and I am installing 4 of the 10" Icons instead

I really like the easy reconing and they sound very good

if you looking for groundpounder xcon is way for sure, ia is more a spl , and the xcon are more LOUD SOUND QUALITY sub perfect for a groundpounder system :rolleyes:

The IA DP is not purely for SPL though................actually Steve Cook is running 2 - 18" Death Penalty's in his SQ Avalanche. But it also does 155+db when cranked on lol

Either sub would be a great choice I'm sure, just wanted to clear the air on the SPL subject

if you looking for groundpounder xcon is way for sure, ia is more a spl , and the xcon are more LOUD SOUND QUALITY sub perfect for a groundpounder system :rolleyes:

Those words are NOT to be used together.

there r a lot of subs that have good SOUND QUALITY ...when turned down ...but when u crank them up they get LOUD :fing34:

Edited by Tyan

there r a lot of subs that have good SOUND QUALITY ...when turned down ...but when u crank them up they get LOUD :fing34:

As in all subs? There is a difference in terms. You are talking about normal, subs you see everyday.

I am biased to the XCON as i have an ICON and have never heard the DP, but i love marks 18's!!! But from what i have seen and read the should be pretty fairly matched. But i will always favor SSA.

wow, I guess the XCON is winning. Just buy one allready, you won't be sad, I promise :)

flip a coin same differenc either way. Just buy the one you think looks prettier

If you plan to put it on the Meter - DP. Quite a bit higher BL^2 / RE and designed for this type of thing.

If you do not plan to be on the meter then both are still excellent choices.

I heard the Xcons and they sound good in a nice daily box - smooth response.

After getting my icon i cant turn away from ssa. Sounds awesome and pounds so the Xcon has to be the beez knees. Cant wait to finish saving up for one..or two...

Ok real simple. Wall in a first gen two door Blazer. 2x18"subs. I will buy the apms accordingly and have plenty o' space for a build. Back seat is out and will be staying out. Now would you go with the DP 18's or the new xcon 18's? I'm torn. Don't want a SPL only machine. Just a groundpounder.

have you made a decision on this yet?

i voted Xcon cause i'm gonna get one give the new stuff a try if you don't like it sell it.XCON TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!<----- Hey Mark ya'll should make this MOTTO or whatever for the XCON!!!

i want that poster!!!!!!!! and the number too!!! but i cant really help you with your desision, as i havent tried or heard either, but im planning on getting a pair of xcon's, also, why wouldnt you be able to make a sq system with a wall?