Sign in to follow this  
Phil04

Representing Gainesville, FL GO GATORS!!!

I'm not really sure what to write, so I guess I'll just do as I see fit.

Me:

25 yr old engineering student who has been a car audio nut since high school. I have so many questions and ideas running through my head and I need to start organizing them.

Current Setup:

Non existent. However, when I get back after my summer internship in NY I will be doing some audio shopping. Currently I am just going insane with my two rear 6.5 speakers with no surround left running off a clarion DXZ785USB, which I picked up for super cheap and seemed like a neat deck. Turned out not to be my favorite, but it works for what I have.

Current conquest:

My cousin has asked me to revamp his setup. He has a Nissan Frontier. Listens to rap/hip hop. Has a MMATS D2000.1 which we will be sending off for repair. Had 3 Concept 15's (DVC 6ohm) sealed. Trying to stay around $300 for sub(s). He just wants a good daily (I know thats a bad word, but really, he isn't a sq guy, but would notice muddy or peaky output. Just wants decent sound which can smack you in the chest when its time to show off). Looking at Fi BL18 and AQ HDC318 currently. Any suggestions? Would I be better off with two lower power 15's or 12's? If so can I stay within budget? So many questions. Box size can be 6 cuft, possibly more. I need to go measure. Figured I would go ported as I can't see any reason not to. Also need to figure ouch which way to face sub(s) and port.

Interested in learning more about:

Economic ways to maintain higher voltage

How to pick the best sub(s) and box for a given application

Billions of other things. Feel like writing about something? Anything. Teach me.

Welcome

:WELCOME:

Hey Phil! Nice to see another UF student here. When you get ready to buy/build let me know. I may be able to help you out. :)

Go Gators!

welcome! You came to the right site for information. The people here are knowledgable and kind.