patdeezy33

Houston people please read this!!!!

ok guys im in houston and need a custom box. got a f150 single cab and have a 12 bl. specs say at least 1.8cuft. went to frys electronics and those idiots wanted to charge me 450 for a ported wedged box. thats a ridiculous amount of money. and then they have never heard of Fi car audio. so i was like man i need to leave this place. if ur in houston and know of a place where i can get a good ported box please let me know. really wanna start bumpin by beggining of summer

i thought a few of the members may want to make a lil change and build a box for him..

but if not.. i would get a design togather... and visit a few audio shops. and ask them how much.. it may take a few shops but you will find out willing to do it for a good price.

try bj he does really good work also ................

the problem with prefab ported boxes is that NO one that sells them knows what thay are tuned to...

do you see anywhere on that page where it states the tuning?

and that leads me to think that the company that made them thinks that as long as it has a slot its ported...

and that maybe so but its not tuned.. and subs like the BL must be in a window of tuning to make you smile.

i have a guy here in san marcos that does great wood work but i dont trust is designs.. so i take him blue prints and he does the job... im in san marcos just south of austin.

and im pretty sure the depth on a 12 inch BL is more then 8 inches... i may be wrong as i have only owned 15's

If you can come to Dallas, I can build for you. . .Would only take a few hours.

oh dude i go to college in san antonio. utsa. your like 45 mins away from me. i just said houston cuz this is where i stay when im not in school ya know? can i ask you a personal question. how much does he charge you for the wood work

oh dude i go to college in san antonio. utsa. your like 45 mins away from me. i just said houston cuz this is where i stay when im not in school ya know? can i ask you a personal question. how much does he charge you for the wood work

he would do it for a good price brother i promise you .... sunday we are having a get togather at his shop sunday.

he charges me diffrently.. as my car brings his attention sooo......

that makes two of us, i need one too but mine will be huge lol

but any idea on what time we meet up over there any directions?? google maps work great lol

its so simple to get to .. its right off 35 north...

exit mcarty lane.. go past the stop sign and you will see the devine designs sign..

You could have RS customs build you a box. My partner and I have 20+ boxes built experience. We always build our boxes out of 3/4 MDF and tune them to your preference. I have 2 RE SX's in a 4.4 Cubic foot box that we tuned to 32.2 hertz. Just built a box for this straight retard the other day for 3 JL 18's. We have pics and people to vouch for our products. We are meeting Bigjon this weekend and we will post pics and vids everywhere. You can catch my number through pm if your interested. We do it for cheap as well. Like Bigjon said too, "Pre-Fag" boxes ain't worth a chit. Everyone one says that their cvx's or cvr's 12's bang louder in a probox than my sx's......They always have an excuse of why they can't come sit in my seat for a demo! I love haters!!!

I directed a friend of mine hear. He lives in Houston and actually just finished a very nice box. He may be able to help. :)

yea guys anything will help.. one of the guys here in the forums from RS Customs offered to build me a box for a real good price since im an ssa member..... but if anybody heres anything please let me know. it doesnt even have to be a shop it could be someone who does them just on the side

yeah if you can find someone to do it on the side that would be great but is hard to find someone with knowledge that have feedback or tested

this kind of subwoofers

im going with the rs customs, now i just need to wait for the paycheck ;)

yea i know what you mean man.....money is an issue right now since im in shcool....but if you get the box from rs customs before me let me know how it turns out man....post pics

I guarantee you'll be surprised. Me and Jake take pride in our work. You are welcome to even stay and see us build the box for you if you want. Just let us know. :coolugh:

thanks chris for the referral :)

i'd build you one, but finals are coming up. :( check out stereofx on 45 north near west rd. and tell them gordon sent ya.