Sign in to follow this  
superpuck13

how to tell if your subs are going?

hey guys so i bought 2 15 bls last month and have installed them in a 9.5 cubic ft box with 102 sq inch port and have 2 amps at 1150 rms each going to them. for the first week it pound ed ma were i oculdnt even swallow. then just yesterday i brought it to a shop to get it db tested and hit a 150.9 with eas apparently says the guy. but i noticed after that the ext day t wasnt as loud to me or hit the notes as deep. did something happen to the subs or is it just my ears and body getting used to it. plus i dnt know wut to smell for or here? i know this sounds stupid but i dont want to do damage. replys would be greatly appreaciated!!

hey guys so i bought 2 15 bls last month and have installed them in a 9.5 cubic ft box with 102 sq inch port and have 2 amps at 1150 rms each going to them. for the first week it pound ed ma were i oculdnt even swallow. then just yesterday i brought it to a shop to get it db tested and hit a 150.9 with eas apparently says the guy. but i noticed after that the ext day t wasnt as loud to me or hit the notes as deep. did something happen to the subs or is it just my ears and body getting used to it. plus i dnt know wut to smell for or here? i know this sounds stupid but i dont want to do damage. replys would be greatly appreaciated!!

If you want to see if there blown push in on the cone and if it makes a scratchy sound or any sound than its blown the other thing you probably smell would be the voice coils if they got hot but the subs should not have got quieter they should be getting louder as they get broken in. And did you check the amps make sure they didnt get turned down or a see if a wire came lose.

if i touch the middle of the cone its not hot but its warm? and no they didnt touch my amps i dont know if thats bad that the middle of the cones are warm or not?

You should be able to hear something. Pull a/both sub(s) and take a look at them. Push on the cone lightly and listen for a scratching sound. Put a DMM in the terminals and check to make sure you don't have an open one. Look in at the coil, see if it's black at all. Check and make sure you're tinsel leads are in tact.

All of those problems should be VERY evident before you look at them. If none are present I can't think of anything else. Maybe check your box and make sure it's not broke somewhere. I doubt this, but it's another possibility.

Or you can go get it metered again and see if you're actually going deaf!

if i touch the middle of the cone its not hot but its warm? and no they didnt touch my amps i dont know if thats bad that the middle of the cones are warm or not?

It's normal for them to get a little warm.

lmao maybe iam going deff but i wil lok in to this. but for the bl is it hard to over pwoer them?

If you're putting more than 1000 watts to a stock BL, you are overpowering them. They are rated for 1000 watts. If it's loaded, this is a different story.

You're not over powering them at ALL if your's are fully loaded. It's more than likely just you're ears adjusting to the sound. I thought the same thing when i first got mine.

this is what i have Ohm: dual 2P_Chamfer: yes +$10Cooling: noFlatwind: yes +$20Daily_or_SPL: DailyExtreme_Lead: noUniversal: noDustcap: white

so i dnt know what this puts me under loaded or stock?

Random question but is that 9.5cuft after displacement and what is the box tuned to?

wow today i really noticed that it is not hitting nearly as hard as it was before this is really depressing and nothing loks wrong:(

check your hu settings, rca cables and power/ground cables make sure there are getting good contact and there not loose by any chance

your amp may be going the way of broken. What is it?

wow today i really noticed that it is not hitting nearly as hard as it was before this is really depressing and nothing loks wrong:(

Is this test with completely controlled variables.

Windows same position every time.

Close to same temperature outside.

Car on? Battery power?

if YOU let someone else do the testing... im MORE THNE SURE they changed your settings... your sub maybe at 80hrz and not 40 or somthing like this.

noe i checked all my settings they are thesame and when the testing was done the car was on bateries where fine and it was a controled tone of 44hz

I believe he's talking about your low pass filter on your amp setting's. Or Hu

i checked both of them just to c but everyhting is the same im confused out of my mind right now nothing was chanaged i can push the sub in and scratching i dnt smell nothing i have noticed more of a wuffle noise only wen its up louder but still no where near where it was and all the connetions are fine

the amps i have are 2 fusion 2000 watt amps

i brang my car to the shop today and hey looked everyhting over and said everuyhting is was great nothing was wrong at al maybe i am going defff :S

Which shop did you go to? Did they pull the sub out and physically check it? have any speaker wires come loose from the subs? I didnt read what type of VC's you have. But well man good luck!

Sign in to follow this