mikee72

cabin gain

hi all i was just looking at a cabin gain chart and saw that most vehicles had about 25 db of gain at 25 hz but at 30 hz dropped to about 20 dbs of gain so that got me wondering if i would be better off tuning my box to 25 hz than to 30 hz because of this gain. JW. also does anyone have or know where i can find a cabin gain chart on an 01 tacoma single cab because the chart i have doesnt so i used a dakota instead

thanks

mike

every car has its own freq at which it peaks and that even differ from the same cars and model, while charts can be useful its still best to work out your own.

the first peak is where you get cabin gain where the second one normally much higher but you dont get the bennegit of cabin gain and have a narrow freq to work with... normally close to the 50's

Tune your box slighly below this freq.

I believe there is a good step by step guide on how to work out your cabin gain on SMD forum. Some things take a bit of changing to get right as no two cars are the same.

hope this helps some-what

thanks and whats the smd forum and also my truck has a tiny cab so i figured that i would have more gain down low than other cars and when you said to figure it out for my specific car how would i do that, trial and error?

every car has its own freq at which it peaks and that even differ from the same cars and model, while charts can be useful its still best to work out your own.

the first peak is where you get cabin gain where the second one normally much higher but you dont get the bennegit of cabin gain and have a narrow freq to work with... normally close to the 50's

Tune your box slighly below this freq.

I believe there is a good step by step guide on how to work out your cabin gain on SMD forum. Some things take a bit of changing to get right as no two cars are the same.

hope this helps some-what

which forum on SMD? SPL? i'm having trouble finding it..

hi all i was just looking at a cabin gain chart and saw that most vehicles had about 25 db of gain at 25 hz but at 30 hz dropped to about 20 dbs of gain so that got me wondering if i would be better off tuning my box to 25 hz than to 30 hz because of this gain. JW. also does anyone have or know where i can find a cabin gain chart on an 01 tacoma single cab because the chart i have doesnt so i used a dakota instead

thanks

mike

It depends on what you want from the subwoofer.

Generally, tuning way under 30hz has all the chaces to produce a low-end monster, with exagerated response under 30hz.

hey thanks for the forum and other help and the only thing i wouldnt like about tunning it that low is that there arent many songs that actually reach that low. and im now thinking of tunning my box to 30 hz and using a bunch of port to hopefully get the numbers up

and im now thinking of tunning my box to 30 hz and using a bunch of port to hopefully get the numbers up

What is your goal ? High numbers on the sensor or just something to play music ?

im looking to hit mid 150s but still be hitting the lows decently

Your going to need POWA. :fing34:

And lots of it. Lots of cone area too.

:bunny:x2

that should still hit the lows fine if you bump up the tuning a little to low-mid 30's, but i guess that depends on what you mean by lows

hey thanks for the forum and other help and the only thing i wouldnt like about tunning it that low is that there arent many songs that actually reach that low. and im now thinking of tunning my box to 30 hz and using a bunch of port to hopefully get the numbers up

NO. You need to tune higher. If you want loud, tuning that low will not help you.