imhungnurnot

4 Fi X 12's in Single Cab Chevy 1500

Photo0033.jpg

Photo0035.jpg

Photo0038.jpg

Photo0043.jpg

Photo0044.jpg

Photo0042.jpg

Im a rookie and this is the first time i've bent MDF. I think I did an alright job, I'm just curious as to what kind of feedback id get from this.

looks pretty freakin sweet.

how did you bend the MDF? and do all the subs have the same airspace?

looks pretty freakin sweet.

how did you bend the MDF? and do all the subs have the same airspace?

I first saw it done on this forum. Its pretty simple, but you have to be careful. You set the blade of your saw so it doesn't go completely through the wood. Depending on how much of a curve you are making will determine how many cuts need to be made before it can be bent. There is a thread on here with much more detail, check it out.

Yes, they have approximately the same airspace. I say approximate because I calculated the airspace of the middle box using the volume of a trapezoid, two actually, and one triangle added together. But the middle box is not divided because i wasn't sure where to put a divider to make the airspace equal for each sub. But according to what i've been told, sealed boxs do not need dividers as long as the woofers are getting the same signal.

Looks great! Now get some carpet on it. Be careful of the subs hitting the back of the seats. That is all I would watch out for. I have a friend that refuses to keep his seat off the drivers side sub and he f's up that sub all the time. Expensive for him. :) But he lets me keep the blown drivers. I will recone them one day.

Its gunna be loud. I have an 01' gmc ext cab with 1 10" icon and a saz-1000d and its pretty loud.

Looks great! Now get some carpet on it. Be careful of the subs hitting the back of the seats. That is all I would watch out for. I have a friend that refuses to keep his seat off the drivers side sub and he f's up that sub all the time. Expensive for him. :) But he lets me keep the blown drivers. I will recone them one day.

Ha, lucky for you!!! But thanks!! The angle of the box is steeper than the angle of the back seat and the subs are recessed! I have no problem with that! Thanks for the concern and compliments!! :fing34:

Ha, lucky for you!!! But thanks!! The angle of the box is steeper than the angle of the back seat and the subs are recessed! I have no problem with that! Thanks for the concern and compliments!! :fing34:

Sweet! Just lookin' out. :D

I really like these subs. Great entry level driver. Small space requirement. And man they dig deep for the low xmax. You will be happy. :)

I would have turned that one sub around 180 degrees so the logo would face the same ways as all of the others. But, that's just me.

That was my original plan, but thats from the point of view from where i was takin the pic. Think of it as if you were sitting in either seat. That Fi logo faces the driver/passenger.

Nice man!! I want a demo of this thing.

I sent you a PM BTW

Sweet! Just lookin' out. :D

I really like these subs. Great entry level driver. Small space requirement. And man they dig deep for the low xmax. You will be happy. :)

Yes, I've had them in the truck for a few months now. I just forgot to post pictures because they were on my phone. They dig, but id like to build a ported enclosure and tune around 34-35hz so id get more low end but maintain the higher frequencies.

Actually I blew the leads on one of my subs so everything has been out of the truck for almost a month now. I was getting used to how loud it was but I'll be able to see how loud my setup really is when i reinstall it!

Thread of me fixing the sub: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=27579

I sent you a PM BTW

Really? I didn't get the PM yet.. Maybe it's on its way?

Thanks

nice design and work. I was thinking about two of those 12" Xs.

can you give me a link to the kerf tutorial?

nice design and work. I was thinking about two of those 12" Xs.

can you give me a link to the kerf tutorial?

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=23110

This will give you a better understanding on how to do it, but if you have fair knowledge of geometry of circles it makes this a lot easier. (arc length formula/circuferance/etc.)

I sent you a PM BTW

Thanks

Who knows. :shrug:

where are you in LA?

So far I am very disappointed with the low end on my x's :(

What kind of box do you have them in?

I sent you a PM BTW

Thanks

Who knows. :shrug:

where are you in LA?

St. John Parish. You?

So far I am very disappointed with the low end on my x's :(

The low end of these subs is not comparable to any other sub on the Fi line, so maybe you are expecting too much from a 300watt driver?

Interesting design and nice drivers. :)