murilloyoshi

About configure the speaker.

Hi!

Im thinking about buy 2x Fi btl 15inch for my new system.

But in the part of configure speaker i dont know what to choose!

Its my second system so i still dont know to mutch.

:/

I was thinking about the spl option.

But the anothers i dont understand too mutch for what they serve

:o

Pleeease somebody can help me?

:(

uuh.

And what amp you guys think are good to the subs?

Thkx!

:D

Well if you are sorta new to the audio thing then I dont think BTLs are what you are guna want. they are totally stupid loud and will attempt to pound you brain right out of your noodle. I wish I could better answer your question could you give me some info about the car you intend on putting them in???? YOU DO NOT WANT THE SPL OPTION that has a very tight tolerance in the motor gap choose daily unless this will be a pressure vessel only. To make those things happy your going to need a min of 4k rms that's CLEAN if you get them fully loaded the ur guna need 5k of clean power and that will involve extra batteries, 300 amp alt, 0 gauge wire...etc....bottom line if you get those just beware that your in for a LOT upgrading and work

PS the box is going to be big like 7cubs ported only, they wont run sealed

To make those things happy your going to need a min of 4k rms that's CLEAN if you get them fully loaded the ur guna need 5k of clean power. . .

I don't completely agree with this statement. At all.

OP: Before you pick you're woofers you're going to want to pick your amp(s). If you do have your heart set on BTL's, you DO NOT want the SPL option unless it's going to be a burpmobile.

Wow:P!

Thanks for the replys!

to 144dbFiBl15

I have a Laurel medalist 35 from nissan.

The year of the car is 2002!

I dont know from where i should start building my new system very well.

But I was thinking to put 2subs of 15 or 12,

4 selenium horns

2 selenium super tweeters

1amp for the horns and 1 for the subs.

1sub batery

1or 2 capacitors.

Enclousure type wegde

And it can have until

H=46cm

W=82cm

D1=73cm

D2=33cm

Internal vb=199liters

Im trying to study more about audio but im not finding too mutch thing :/ .

Do you know some where i can study?

Wow!

And the Btl are so loud like that?

O.o

The subs that i allready had were a carozzeria 800w and a boss 300w!

so i have no ideia what a BTl 15 will sound like:o

hum.

One more question.:P

About the Btl what do you mean with *tight tolerance in the motor gap*?

________________________________________________________________________________

______.

To Ryan J - abxx

What amp do you think that matches with it?

________________________________________________________________________________

______.

To johnecon2001

Thanks for that!

I try to read it but there are a lot of words i didnt get it

:S

My english its not very good :X

Edited by murillo

I know your not ready to upgrade to btl's.

If you do decide to give them 2000rms+ each, then you would be looking to upgrade your electrical in your car.

And capacitors wont help one bit.

I would start out alot smaller, like the SSD's, or SSA Dcon's

Laurel medalist 35 hu?? I we dont have those here in America but I googled the car and looked a the trunk....IF you are really set on BTLs the trunk will be 90% taken up by the box and amps.....i dont want to sound like im tryin to talk you out of your choice but I just want you to be fully aware of what this will involve. One BTL will be a serious step up from the other subs that you have had in the past in your cars. I would look into just on BTL or one BL I have seen single a 15 push 140 db at the dash and still be a daily driver.

- The gap in the SPL woofer is much tighter and FAR less forgiving in comparison to the Daily option. The Daily option simply gives the coil more wiggle room inside of the gap to deal with the non-linearity tendencies that you can get into when you are using a sub in a daily driving scenario. Typically SPL applications deal with 1 note and it does not change, therefore we can make the gap much tighter and get all of the motor strength that we can out of it.

To make those things happy your going to need a min of 4k rms that's CLEAN if you get them fully loaded the ur guna need 5k of clean power

That is just stupid...

Do you realize that even with 50 watts they will be louder than any other of the FI subs?

Here let me re-word this...... since some ppl just get on these sites to try and prove their level of knowledge to them selves by means disagreeing with everyone...............to use those woofers to their full potential you will need that kind of power otherwise dont waist your money on a woffer that you will only use to half its potential whitch brings me back to my suggestion of maybe one BTL or maybe 2 Qs.

Hey there buddy, Mike (95Honda) is right, the BTL will be the loudest and we already know that. Because it had higher efficiency.

yes I am aware that the BTL will due more with less due to the extra slug on it giving the motor a higher gause rating, BUT he has already said he is sorta new to audio and I am just tryin to save him money by having him not buy a lambo to take dear ole grams 100 yards to get the mail...The BTL is going to be more than he is probably ready for at this point.

^144 we aren't saying get the BTL, we are saying your statement was false.

Thanks for the replies again!

Hmmm.

If i just put 1 btl or 1 bl of 12inch or 15inch i wont need to upgrade electrical in my car?

i dont know why but they dont get out of my mind!

:o

lol

I was thinking about put more 1 batery and put a capacitor.

Is that enought??

Or i will have to upgrade the alt anyway?

I wanted to buy things that when i buy a new car i can put on it:P

ahm.

And by the way

What amps do you suggest to use with them??

:P

Thx!

stay away from caps.... they do more harm than good to ur car because i heard it puts more strain on the alternator....... u dont need to upgrade ur alt unless ur gonna have some serious power and my small kia lol can handle a btl with 1832 rms just fine... i jus had to get a yellow top....

this is obviously a joke

yes I am aware that the BTL will due more with less due to the extra slug on it giving the motor a higher gause rating, BUT he has already said he is sorta new to audio and I am just tryin to save him money by having him not buy a lambo to take dear ole grams 100 yards to get the mail...The BTL is going to be more than he is probably ready for at this point.

The extra slug is not it, at all. In fact the new BTL has only one slug. And as for power, that is enclosure-dependant. How much power do you think the 12" BTL would need to get to full xmax in a 15 cubic foot box?

But I agree that perhaps he should downgrade to a couple Qs or SSDs and less power (maybe 1500 watts for both). If he isn't prepared for the electrical upgrades that are likely required for his little car, he'll end up damaging some amplifiers or his alternator/battery.