Ok,so far a lot of testing and tweaking I cannot get my 187s to sound right or get nearly as loud as two 15s should. So I am doing a swap out, I have narrowed it down to 2-3 subs. The Fi BL d1 12, the DC sound labs level 3 D1 or this is a huge "maybe" I was recommended to try the lanzar opti drive 12..........? just trying to get some feedback and if anyone has personally used/tested any of these subs going to run it off my AQ 1200d

its gotta be your amp

Put another amp on the 187's and see if you see a difference.

Im sure it's not them.

i did a swap with a lanzar 1600 and it made a huge difference,but come to find out originally i had my SSF and LPF set incorrectly. but im still not loud, the two 15s are causing major cancellation and just aren't getting loud so im going to get a single 12 build a good box with a large enough port to move some serious air. D1 at .5ohm with box impedance rise i should be a little above 1ohm

how is one 12 gona be louder then 2 15's ??

please try somethings to get those two 15's working right before u just throw some more money out the pucking window...

If your 2 15s are causing cancellation... wire one out of phase so it doesnt anymore.

I dont know what you have done to the box but something isnt right.

You should be near ear piercing loud with what you have with the right box.

If i had to pick a number, i would say you should be easily capable of reaching a 145-146. If you doin less than that, something's wrong which could be a multitude of things.

I beat a 4 12" sub setup and a 3 15" sub setup today at a local comp with only 2 12s so it's possible, gotta know your install and how to do it.

well there can be plenty of things holding you back. I have used both the Fi BL and the OPTI subs.

The opti cant be beat for value while the BLs sound nicer. I would have to say that my OPTI seems to get louder then my BL though.

I beat a 4 12" sub setup and a 3 15" sub setup today at a local comp with only 2 12s so it's possible, gotta know your install and how to do it.

your right, i was just making a general statement, that something is wrong with his current set-up. if he cant get what he has working well then why bother spending more money...

my last two single 12 setups were very loud, these two 15s just arent all thats cracked up to be. i put my SE in the back seat of my car yesturday at 2ohm and it was so much louder then these two 15s it pissed me off

my last two single 12 setups were very loud, these two 15s just arent all thats cracked up to be. i put my SE in the back seat of my car yesturday at 2ohm and it was so much louder then these two 15s it pissed me off

Size and tuning of your box?

he says 6 cubes at 37hz.

I think he should be at 8 cubes and 32hz-34hz personally but i've never used IA subs before.

Since he's supposedly got his amp set correctly now... i'm wondering if his box has SO much rise in it that it's just ridiculously inaudible.

I've never heard of something that bad but there's gotta be a time for everything i suppose.

The only way to tell for sure it to choose multiple test tones and get a DMM and ammeter and measure the voltage and amps so you can determine the rise for each tone.

X2.

I do think it's his enclosure. Since he's got the amp problem resolved.

I think going to a good single 12 would benefit me more. I would be able to build boxes as often as need be and just drop into the trunk VS building a box into the trunk and having to cut it apart and im sure i can get a single 12 a little if not alot louder then i currently am

id give the 15's a try sealed first. you could just block the ports and add pieces of mdf to take up internal air space to get the box to the right cubic feet.

no reason to give up on the 15s till you've tried everything to give them a chance.

edit: try turning that box around once.... it might help, personally i've found subs back port back to be the loudest, i know its car dependent, however in my car its such a big difference in output from firing forward vs firing back that i would think something was wrong with my sub stage as well...

Edited by lithium

Really any 15s, whether they be crap or good, will get loud enough for most people. So must be that amp

that what i would think too.. but he said something about cancellation... i say this an installation issue not equipment (although the amp may still be a factor)