fifufme

WHY WAS MY SUB POORLY MADE?

Ok well I figured I would come here since Fi does not seem to like to email there customers. I bought a Fi BTL 18 fully loaded from their website last summer and for the past 5 months it has made a popping sound. It would do it pretty randomly but usually around half way up. Well after about 5 months the sub seized up. I figured it was the voicecoil, had probably come apart.So I begin removing the cone then the spider when I see that the voicecoil is fine. It was the motor, it had been rubbing up against the voicecoil eventually causing the sub to seize. I pulled out the voicecoil and the motor just snaps against the side :angry22: what a headache! Im looking at the basket now I notice that the basket is supposed to have six screws holding it to the magnet. Mine has 5!! Fi forgot one of the screws for my basket :Doh: Im just trying to figure out what I should do now. I am quite mad since i spent 530 dollars on this and it wasnt even fully assembled! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!! THANKS!!!

I'll admit, i'm not sub savvy when it comes to reconing but did you have the SPL option on your BTL when playing music?

OH and Damn.. u woke up the SSA community with this post... everybody's watchin, hehe

i have never uploaded a pic onto a forum before, I'll try.

Make a photobucket account (www.photobucket.com) upload them there.

Copy the direct link of the photo once uploaded and on here click the insert image icon and paste the link into that box :fing34:

So the voice coil was not rubbing the motor, the motor was rubbing the voice coil?? Need to post up some pics so we can see what you are talking about.

6th screw would not hurt anything, although I am surprised it was not there.

If I understand correctly, the sub started out working fine, since 5 months would be November/December and you said you got it in the summer.

Brian

Thanks!! making an account as we speak. Noticed something else too!! Wait until you this, I dont understand how this happening!!!

I think.......... if it took a few months to get to that state....... you were clipping the ever living hell out of it.....

Amp used? Box specs? H/U? Vehicle? Shoe size? We need more info........

I think.......... if it took a few months to get to that state....... you were clipping the ever living hell out of it.....

oh we need your social to thanks..

Seriously, I think that YOU probably messed it up.

Edited by phi

oh we need your social to thanks..

u would say that to get clean quick

back to subject

hopefully everything gets fixed.

HERES THE PICS!!! The first one was before all hell broke lose lol.

m_633694b30d94461ea2c5a148a1d11db9.jpg

l_33ac3d5d6aaa26eb1b728fea1228b8f9.jpg

l_dc9f6a200a8ef1ca86e462b29bbc3eec.jpg

l_4f56b646eb8c32d271552acdc77e2860.jpg

l_53969e0199ead3909b5e200586f21c8f.jpg

My setup is, 1 yellow top under the hood, My Btl is in a 5.7 cubic ft box tuned to 30 htz on an Orion 2500D amp, at 1 ohm. Power and Ground are 0 gauge. My head unit is an alpine cde-9874. My car is a 2001 Blazer Extreme. I noticed earlier when I took it out of the box that the magnet had a small crack in it, wasnt too worried about it. Now the whole sub has shifted!! I havent done anything too it, to cause this!! :angry22: Its falling apart on me Lol.

everybody's watchin, hehe

. . . . And waiting to strike.

HERES THE PICS!!! The first one was before all hell broke lose lol.

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv178/r...148a1d11db9.jpg

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv178/r...fea1228b8f9.jpg

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv178/r...2b29bbc3eec.jpg

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv178/r...acdc77e2860.jpg

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv178/r...00586f21c8f.jpg

My setup is, 1 yellow top under the hood, My Btl is in a 5.7 cubic ft box tuned to 30 htz on an Orion 2500D amp, at 1 ohm. Power and Ground are 0 gauge. My head unit is an alpine cde-9874. My car is a 2001 Blazer Extreme. I noticed earlier when I took it out of the box that the magnet had a small crack in it, wasnt too worried about it. Now the whole sub has shifted!! I havent done anything too it, to cause this!! :angry22: Its falling apart on me Lol.

Apears to be a glue failure on the magnets, or it was dropped. It's done this since day 1?

No I would guess it had started when it bagan making a popping noise. I figured it was something electrical though, not the sub falling apart, it showed no signs of that until it recently seized up. It was certainly never dropped as this thing is my baby.

...That Just Hurts.

Ya it sure would be nice to get ahold of Fi to get this thing repaired............ :ehh:

So when you started hearing the "popping," nothing in your head said somethings wrong? You should have pulled it out and sent it in when you first heard the popping...

22 Members: phi, B_I_B, BASSmaster, 04navi, patented17, BigCProductions99, -Jason-, bassahaulic, Penguin4x4, acex3a, Tirefryr, bromo, Jacob86, crosspug, sqjeep, burbank bass crew, 07_ZX10, rumproast789, shizzzon, inkfx, Bobaflob, Stephen

plus 1 guest. lol.

Remember that Fi is ran by people with normal lives that have normal problems. I was very impatient with my emails but after I found out about why the emails weren't coming as quick as I would like, I was fine with waiting a little longer. They will get back to you, trust me. Their customer service is great.

no matter who's fault this was, i'm sure Fi will make this right for you. Just sit tight untill you hear word from them. They have excellent customer service :)

23 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

22 Members: bassahaulic, fifufme, SSaudio, BASSmaster, bromo, acex3a, B_I_B, 04navi, patented17, BigCProductions99, Penguin4x4, Tirefryr, Jacob86, crosspug, sqjeep, burbank bass crew, 07_ZX10, rumproast789, shizzzon, inkfx, Bobaflob, Stephen