CadillacMatt

My first attempt at a mixtape cover

So I've been getting into graphics design more lately... As some of you may know I produce music, and I'm trying to expand my horizons a little bit and branch out, learning new things, all that good stuff...

I put about 5-6 hours into this lol, it may not look too complicated but there are lots of little subtle things that contribute to the whole thing... I think this one came out good and I'm excited to learn more :)

Tell me what you all think

And for those from S.A. you should know that's three of the best from here - Question, Liveola, and Kyle Lee :)

mixtapecoversmall.jpg

Look's damn good.

Gj man :)

Meh............not bad but not super impressed either

looks pretty straight to me, are any of their mixtapes on datpiff.com? Just curious as I am always looking for some new tunes to get my hands. 142.3 on music? Man, Every number I hear from a trunk system, I feel that much better that I was doing high 146's with ease on music with my two 15" Q's out of a trunk! And that's a 30 sec bass race.

Good cover, but the kid on the far left looks much more forward in the picture as if he is upstaging the other two, I would put a pic of him leaning back like the others.

Also, Just a thought but I think it would look bad ass with the whole thing in black and white except the street sign.

looks pretty straight to me, are any of their mixtapes on datpiff.com? Just curious as I am always looking for some new tunes to get my hands. 142.3 on music? Man, Every number I hear from a trunk system, I feel that much better that I was doing high 146's with ease on music with my two 15" Q's out of a trunk! And that's a 30 sec bass race.

Good cover, but the kid on the far left looks much more forward in the picture as if he is upstaging the other two, I would put a pic of him leaning back like the others.

Also, Just a thought but I think it would look bad ass with the whole thing in black and white except the street sign.

Yeah I was gonna change a few more things but PSP somehow decided that it would merge all of the layers when I tried to save it as a layered file... so yeah I'd probably have to start over. I just got my hands on Photoshop CS4 though so I'm going to get dirty in that program, see how it compares to Jasc's/Corel's products.

As for the artists just search for Question or 3rd Degree, all of them are pretty well known here in TX... bad ass artists... I'm sure BigJon can vouch for me... you might recognize this song:

And as for the Q's you have to understand that I drive a large sedan, quite a distance from the trunk to the windshield... if you have any black magic, voodoo or witchcraft to get it louder I am all ears... I am running STOCK electrical BTW, with the exception of the Big 3.

Edited by CadillacMatt

Hey Matt I know exactly what you mean, some of the best rap comes from TEXAS! No disrespect to all the other states tryin to screw n chopp but leave it to the south-home of the swang n bang-3rd degree is awesome...chalie boy goes hard, got a homeboy in Austin, DJ youngspinna, DJ grip, DJ since, some of Greencity in Kileen...some of their chit bangs, but real good beats and mixtapes. Bun B goes amazingly hard, so does the new Slim THug CD!

If you haven't heard of Lucky Luciano you need to!! His songs go off. Mostly mixtapes.

how bout the back round in puzzle bits and down size THE folks lil bit but overall i think its koo mang

matt what are you doing this weekend??? i need music hommie.

i have never heard of questions.. but i dont fuck with cats from san antonio if i dont have to.. alot of foul cats down there......

but your diffrent :)

oh by the way lil guy up there in the top is mateo

and im guessing hes at the top cause hes the behind dj of the mix tape.. and not a rapper

It looks good dude but I agree with that one guy who said it should be in b&w except the street sign. :fing34:

pretty cold ass white boy..

oh by the way lil guy up there in the top is mateo

and im guessing hes at the top cause hes the behind dj of the mix tape.. and not a rapper

Lol I look like God peering over the alamo...

I do a little vocals but I mainly produce... into R&B too, going to be moving in with one of the top DJs down here in S.A. pretty soon so I'll have access to a studio that's just a little better than mine too :)

I ain't doin much on Sunday what you up to?

And I dunno but I would have to disagree with yall on the black & white thing... you need something flashy to catch peoples attention

Edited by CadillacMatt