k, well i went and got a dual 30amp fuse power dist. block. i got questions that need sum answers.

1.) how do u wire up a capaciator with the dist. block?

2) and i was wondering if i need a fuse block as well? since the power dist. block has dual fuses then i thought that i wouldn't need that.

3.)how do u wire up 2 rcas from the deck to 2 amps? the deck only has one set of rcs. but i have 2 y spliters layin around. how would i hook them up?

thanks.

k, well i went and got a dual 30amp fuse power dist. block. i got questions that need sum answers.

1.) how do u wire up a capaciator with the dist. block?

2) and i was wondering if i need a fuse block as well? since the power dist. block has dual fuses then i thought that i wouldn't need that.

3.)how do u wire up 2 rcas from the deck to 2 amps? the deck only has one set of rcs. but i have 2 y spliters layin around. how would i hook them up?

thanks.

1. Capacitor are more harmful than they are good. but if u still want to use it let us know and we will tell u how to wire it.

2. Yes. Cause the power block protects only ur amps. so u will need one close to the battery big enough to protect the entire system. and u might need a ground block but that al depends if u are running different gauage wires. Ex. 0awg from batt to distr. and 4awg to amps than u will need a ground block. but if u use a straight run of 4 awg then u will not need a ground block.

3. run the rca from the headunit then take the neg side of it and put on the splitter and do the same for the pos. side now u will have 2 sets of rcas.

oh ok. i was always told that capacitors were good. keeps ur battery from dying.

im currently running all 8 gauge power wire. but im upgrading this weekend to 4 gauge. well i didn't relize that i had a dist. block layinaround. this is a smaller one 4in and 8 out. no fuses tho. so i might need a fuse block.

8ga. power wire....

That's my sub wire! LOL

A fuse block would be better to use in your case.

Use the one you have now as a ground block..(b/c no fuse is needed on ground)

Haha 8 awg is a bit overkill for speaker wire....now with that said, it's what i'm using too ;)

I"m not sure what you should do with you dist block...if you have 4 awg going to your amp(s) you definitely want 4 awg grounds

Why don't you tell us what your system consists of entirely so we can help you more? With this info you gave we're trying to figure out the picture with only 4 pieces to the puzzle.

Also, fuses are there to protect the wire, not the amps. Most amplifiers, at least ones that you'd run on 8 or 4 gauge wire, come with built-in fuses to protect the amps themselves. So the fusing size depends on the power wire you are using.

well currently this is wat i have

-3 12" cali profiles

-koiiler 1000 watt 2 ch.. bridged amp for the subs

-insignia 500 watt 2 ch. bridgeable amp for the speakers

-all 8 gauge lightning audio power wire( just got 4 gauge tsunami power wire with a dist block and 2 8 gauge wires to the amps)

-1 farad rockford fosgate capacitor

-16 gauge stinger speaker wire

-stinger rca's

-jvc kd-s24 deck

-3 custom built 1/2" mdf boxes 2 r .45cu. ft and 1 is .55cu. ft

thats pretty much it. i dont think i forgot anything.

well currently this is wat i have

-3 12" cali profiles

-koiiler 1000 watt 2 ch.. bridged amp for the subs

-insignia 500 watt 2 ch. bridgeable amp for the speakers

-all 8 gauge lightning audio power wire( just got 4 gauge tsunami power wire with a dist block and 2 8 gauge wires to the amps)-1 farad rockford fosgate capacitor

-16 gauge stinger speaker wire

-stinger rca's

-jvc kd-s24 deck

-3 custom built 1/2" mdf boxes 2 r .45cu. ft and 1 is .55cu. ft

thats pretty much it. i dont think i forgot anything.

I highly doubt that anyone can squeeze 1000w through 8awg wire.

Caps help in some lower power systems.

But i prefer batts, as well as alot of other people.

Oh boy, where to begin. 1/2" enclosures are not the best. Having two different sized enclosures is pretty ghetto and not ideal for sound reproduction at all.

How do you have the subs wired to the amp? Since those subs are 4 ohm SVC, however you have it wired to that 2 channel amp is not ideal. Does this setup sound good at all?

You need a fuse about a foot from the battery under the hood if you don't have one already.

the 1/2" mdf works good. the 2 enclosures behind the seats r the same size and the one up front is probally the same. but i rewired my system 2day. jay-c76 helped me. used 4 gauge then used 8 gauge after the dist. block. took me a while to do it, but it works great. im gonna finishing installing my 2 5x7" alpine type r's 2morrow.

:NeedPics:

....LOL

That koiiler 1000 watt 2-ch isn't pushing 1000rms...more like close to 1000 peak...

so it's not really dumping that much juice through any wire...

Also, fuses are there to protect the wire, not the amps. Most amplifiers, at least ones that you'd run on 8 or 4 gauge wire, come with built-in fuses to protect the amps themselves. So the fusing size depends on the power wire you are using.

Then....what is the wire connected to?????? an amp.....????

Fuses protect anything in the line after the fuse point.

Before I started fusing power dist,

i've blown a internal fuse to an amp once that melted

the connection on the mainboard of the amp....(a quick fix, but not fun)

A sharp birr in the car somewhere dug into the power feed

over time and grounded out...

You try to avoid things at all cost but over time

fact is things can happen..

I'll always fuse any dist. block that feeds power

to multiple amps, even if the amp has an internal/onboard fuse.....

Never had a problem and I usually test full

power all the way from the alt to the amp....14.9 all the time!

I'd still like to know how you have the subs wired to that amp.