ChiTownTBird312

comparable subs to nightshade

basically what i said in the title...what would be some subwoofers that are comparable to the nighshade?

what do u mean by category?

i dont really know. i guess if you were to take a nightshade and do some head to head comparisons...what subs would you compare them to?

they would be closer to the BTL.. then the BL when compairing to a fi sub IMO.

was there that much of a difference when switching from your BL's?

some people have said the nighshades arent quite on the BTL's level, but i wouldnt know.

was there that much of a difference when switching from your BL's?

some people have said the nighshades arent quite on the BTL's level, but i wouldnt know.

I've used all the subs form Fi and the NightShades were louder in direct swaps including against the Btl.

yeah my nighshades were louder with the same power same box same amp.

i love my nightshades.. im growing bored of them.. not because they arnt nice only because its the nature of the toy.....

the bl's were better on daily music... but the nightshades do work.

i think jacob kinda made them to be between the bl type sub and a btl type sub.. see what i mean.

your mom > nightshade!! llol!

this sub is in a class of its own! the only thing that comes close...Fi maybe

i love my nightshades.. im growing bored of them.. not because they arnt nice only because its the nature of the toy.....

i think jacob kinda made them to be between the bl type sub and a btl type sub.. see what i mean.

Just keep them....theres some "new"subs coming

Just keep them....theres some "new"subs coming

i am and i have been :D

The Xcon is more along the lines of the Z15 - with a bit higher power handling. Motor force is a good bit lower than the Nightshade.

The IA Death Peanalty's are similar to the Nightshades. Honestly I probably wouldn't run the IA's, but it's a very good quality woofer from some very good guys.

I'm patiently waiting for the NSX's to come out whenever Jacob is done with his R&D on them. I hope it's before next year, but I kinda doubt it.

I know the secret.......... the big secret...... that most people don't know. :X

I know the secret.......... the big secret...... that most people don't know. :X

I'm curious what secret that your talking about.

NS-X is testing very well - I am ironing out final details on it. Don't quite have an ETA, though.

I am also still working on the Monster... the v.2 prototype is in the works.

All good info to know. I never really hear much about the nightshades, but I see lots of people runnin them.

So would you say these woofers are more for spl or "sq"?

I wouldn't consider the Nightshade an SQ woofer by any means - but it is not a fat cannon - they sound just fine daily.

you should just tell us what your looking for in a sub very detailed like and see if its for you

I just want a beast sub. One that can take some clean power and handle it all day, sound good on msic and still sound good with music. I'm not going all out on my frontstage just some components and don't want my subs to overpower them. And from what I'm hearin and what people have said about my other selections these seem like they would get the job done the best.

well they do take power like champs.. i run mine pretty hard daily.. and they shock me everytime.

The IA Death Peanalty's are similar to the Nightshades. Honestly I probably wouldn't run the IA's, but it's a very good quality woofer from some very good guys.

I'm patiently waiting for the NSX's to come out whenever Jacob is done with his R&D on them. I hope it's before next year, but I kinda doubt it.

how similar would you say they are?

why wouldnt you run them?