Puggsley456

My Dual IXL 12 Build

I have had a pair of IXL 12's sitting around since last summer. With the DBDrag coming up locally in a couple weeks I felt it was time to get my arse in gear.

Heres the Basic design with the exception that I decided not to do a driver flush mount and therefore increased the width of the top port piece from 4.5" to 5.

This box is 3.2cubes net. We did an impedance sweep and its exact tuning is 33hz.

boxfront.jpg

Two weeks ago I got my pieces cut and asembeled. Sorry I fogot to take pictures of the bare box. -_- Nothing special though.

But Heres the finished box......I previously had an eD 15 in a 2.5 cubes @ 27 hz box in my car and it did a 140.6db on 1200rms.

After only a few hours play I can say for certain that these are louder on only 800-900rms. And they sound better too.

boxresized.jpg

boxport.jpg

Very nice, I'm liking the port insert alot......

Nice :)

What's the box tuned to?

What's the box tuned to?

op says tuned @ 33hz

lovin the port insert thingy.. very nice

What's the box tuned to?

op says tuned @ 33hz

lovin the port insert thingy.. very nice

:Doh:

:) :)

Nice box, aren't you just a bit short on port area though? I would have figured 2x 12" IXL's needed just a bit more than 3x 4" ports... I've got about 45sqin for 2x MAW12's (4cf @ ~30hz) that'll be getting about 400 watts RMS....

Nice box, aren't you just a bit short on port area though? I would have figured 2x 12" IXL's needed just a bit more than 3x 4" ports... I've got about 45sqin for 2x MAW12's (4cf @ ~30hz) that'll be getting about 400 watts RMS....

I havent had any problems yet. No chuffing or port noise. And I used WINisd to design it using the IXL's specs and the port velocity was within aceptable limits.

:) :) Nice work.

Although my car hates me now. Two broken tweeter cups, a broken rearview mirror and broken sunvisors. There was a whole lot of vibrating going on But it was fun!

Edited by Puggsley456

I previously had an eD 15 in a 2.5 cubes @ 27 hz box in my car and it did a 140.6db on 1200rms.

After only a few hours play I can say for certain that these are louder on only 800-900rms. And they sound better too.

Haha that's not surprising!

Ewwwwww. Elemental D**kheads. :|