shizzzon

Installing vinyl graphics on tinted windows

This is gonna be a noob graphic question because i have never had graphics installed on glass before, just paint.

None of my windows are currently tinted except for the rear hatch window.

I am about to receive 9 separate graphics that are all gonna be installed on glass on my car.

3 on the windshield, 2 on each side window, 2 on each rear side window, 1 on rear tinted hatch window and 1 more on the small piece of glass that flips up when the sunroof is open and this piece is limo tinted.

My question is, do these graphics go on the outside of the glass or the inside?

If they go on the inside, how would i go about installing them and having the windows tinted because i am gonna have the windows tinted very soon.

Yeah every graphic I've ever seen goes on the outside.

rubbing alcohol works fine for cleaning.

for application fluid put like 2-3 drops of dish soap in a spray bottle, and a lil alcohol (like an inch) and fill with water.

if it sticks too quick add another drop of soap if its too slow and doesn't want to stick add some more alcohol.

Vid covers the rest pretty well, if the vinyl keeps wanting to lift with the transfer tape no harm in smoothing it back out and waiting for it to dry more

small water bubbles will dry out in a day or two, just like tint. air bubbles will need to be popped, anything with a small sharp point will work, needle x-acto, new pushpin ect.

Edited by weasle421

Here are the Decals on my SplXplorer / i designed & cut myself/// I use to work in a Graphic design shop

P1020682.jpg

P1020683.jpg

P1020684.jpg

P1020685.jpg

P1020686.jpg

P1020687.jpg

P1020688.jpg

P1020689.jpg

P1020690.jpg

P1020691.jpg

P1020692.jpg

P1020693.jpg

:domoslay:

Just make sure that thing gets parked in a garage every night. Stickers are like the smell of blood to thieves.

i have one. The only fear i ever have is driving it to a movie theater or especially a theme park....

I usually go to theater during the day right now so it's less risky. Theme parks... well, haven't figured that one out yet.

nice stickers ;)

just park really close to any stores doors and you might be ok with out getting a broken window. i hate to park far from the stores or i park next to a better looking car than mine

LOVING the sticker "my other ride is your girlfriend"

even a better one. hunk if you wanna see the flex :D

i'm not worried about a broken window, i have ACE Security protection. I'm just worried about vandalism.

dont do it then ................

i have to as per rules of being on a Team, :)

Make sure to use Rain-X or a light coat of wax over the stickers. This will help to aid in UV blockage and resist fading.

ah good info.

i'll have them once they come in.

They are commin in from Toronto so it will be a while. Plus, it was 2 separate shipments since the custom DC Audio logo had to be made. It's nothing fancy so dont start hype about that.

I'll just take pics once they are installed since it's hard to see them in the wrap they come in.

I'll try and take em at night because they are all reflective vinyl so they "light up" at night.

Make sure to use Rain-X or a light coat of wax over the stickers. This will help to aid in UV blockage and resist fading.

Dang, wish I would have known this a year ago. My once-metallic red decal is turning into a sort of reddish-purple. Yuck.

i'll have them once they come in.

They are commin in from Toronto so it will be a while. Plus, it was 2 separate shipments since the custom DC Audio logo had to be made. It's nothing fancy so dont start hype about that.

I'll just take pics once they are installed since it's hard to see them in the wrap they come in.

I'll try and take em at night because they are all reflective vinyl so they "light up" at night.

reflective has a stronger adhesive than regular vinyl, just be forewarned