Hell-Razor

General Questions

No capacitor. At all. You can also do the install yourself! We would be glad to help you :)
Sweet does this mean you want to drive to Wisconsin and help out? :detail:

No capacitor. At all. You can also do the install yourself! We would be glad to help you :)
Sweet does this mean you want to drive to Wisconsin and help out? :detail:

Are you volunteering to pay for gas?

Heh it was a joke. I want to install it myself and if you're offering (ie I totally fuck it up) I may consider it.

Heh it was a joke. I want to install it myself and if you're offering (ie I totally fuck it up) I may consider it.

That would be quite the drive :) We would be happy to walk you through everything though :D

do u no wat the big 3 is?
No idea what the "big three" is.

I was talked down to a BL for my type of tunes. The BL's are not nearly as power hungry (I hope they hit as hard though) so I may not need another alternator. But I would assume I need a second battery...

i have a 15 bl and a saz 1500d.

it hits pretty hard but its not gona be like the btl.

im happy with it though.

there is 3 wires that run from your battery cables that are pretty small stock.

there is 1 that goes from the positive battery cable to your alternator.

there is 2 wire on the negative cable.

1 goes from the cable to your motor and the other goes to the frame of your car.

if you look at the cables and follow them to where they go then you will see wat i mean.

for the big 3 you just get bigger wire and run them to the 3 places they go to already.

this helps your volts A LOT. if you just replace your stock battery youll be fine after the big 3.

im happy with it though.

1 goes from the cable to your motor and the other goes to the frame of your car.

if you look at the cables and follow them to where they go then you will see wat i mean.

for the big 3 you just get bigger wire and run them to the 3 places they go to already.

this helps your volts A LOT. if you just replace your stock battery youll be fine after the big 3.

So do I not need two batteries? Just toss my old one out?

im happy with it though.

So do I not need two batteries? Just toss my old one out?

you can if you want but my volts are fine. it mite be dif for you though.

just do wat i said and then see from there.

Alright a couple of questions here...

1) I looked on Fi's website about the RMS needed for the 18" and the 15" woofer and it seems they both require 2000rms watts total. So why wouldnt a signle SAZ-2000D be enough for the 18"? My understand that this amp is enough for the 15". Right now it looks like if I have room I will get the 18" with a single SAZ-2000D amp and if I need more power (sounds like I will from other posts) I will get a second one when I can.

2) I was looking at the dB race's website and I see a section for 10", 12", 15" but not 18". If I were to get a 18" would I be disqualified / tossed into the custom class and be gonig against people who have too much money to throw into car systems? (kidding)

3) What would you guys recommend for gauge wire and from whom should I get it from? (online)

Anyway I am going to start posting pictures on the website for my box. I have a few designs about the same cubft just in different shapes / designs and one is fiberglassed (shiney jet black) and the other is natural wood.

Edited by Hell-Razor

so are you getting the bl or the btl?

u said you were talked down to a bl.

if its the btl it can take a lot more than 2000w but thats fine.

if its the bl i wouldnt recommend the 2000d.

id go for the saz 1500d instead.

BTL. Mind changed.... And if it can support more, about how much more? Would I want to be throwing 4k watts at it (Thats what two of the amps bridged would do...)

Edited by Hell-Razor

BTL. Mind changed.... And if it can support more, about how much more? Would I want to be throwing 4k watts at it (Thats what two of the amps bridged would do...)

i say get a saz 3500d.

Either A Sundown SAZ-3500D Or 3000D. I Personally Wouldn't Put This Much Power In The Hands Of A Beginner (No Offense), But Hey, Who Cares? You'll Need A Very Strong Electrical System To Get The Most Potential Out Of It. 200 Amp Alt, I Use An Optima Yellow Top As My Starting Battery And A Powermaster D3100 As My Auxillary, I Think The Same Would Be Okay For A BTL. But I'm Also Going Back To My Groundpounder Ways And Throwing BTL's In My Jimmy Again, This Time With The New Style. I Don't Know if You Care For SQ Or Not When It Comes To A Front Stage, Just Don't Muck It Up With Bynines Or Any Stuff Like That. Rainbow Component Sets Are Nice, Very. If You Have The Money, I'd Also Recommend Hybrid Audio Technologies. I'll Show You What I Mean When I Get My Porsche 944 SQ Car Done About That. Personally, I'd Think You'd Be Amazed At What A BL Can Do, A BTL Will Rip Your Head Off. At Least You're Not Choosing A Brand And Sub Like Some Ricer-Boy Or Wannabe That Talks Like "Yea Mayne, Theez L7's Are The Loudest Subz In THE Worldzzz, And Thiz Hifonicz Amp Is Pwnzorz!!!1!1." I Hope This Build Actually Turns Out Great.

I'm going to be working hard on it. And I agree I don't want to throw as much power as I can into it (yet). And I don't have that much money. I keep on having to spend it for personal reasons. My budget is still around 2 grand though. I was going to get two 31 group batteries (that's like 800), a SAZ-3000D it sounds like is good to power (900), the BTL 18" (if it fits, another 500). Shit already over my limit. Well see though what I can do to work my magic...

I found a group 31 battery at a battery store by my house. It has like 1125 crank amps (I think.... crank something) and is like 150$ give or take. Would two of these do the trick for a 18" or one for a 15" and keep my old battery? I am just wondering what kind of crank [amps?] I would need and whatnot. It is a deep cycle battery he said and is made very well. I am not trying to out think you guys or anything like it. If you give me a minimum for numbers Ill try to go above and beyond when it comes to specs.

Alright. It looks like I am going to have a very hard time getting a 18" to fit in my trunk. The killer isnt the width or length, its the height. So I may be backing down to the 15". It says on the website that the RMS is 2000 watts, same with the 18". Can it still handle the power if I were to get a Sundown SAZ-3500D Or 3000D? Or would it just be easier to get one SAZ-2000D and if I want more strap another amp on. If I were to go the single amp idea, would I get a 2 or 1 ohm sub? I would think if I got 1 ohm and I wanted to strap another onto it I would get more bang for the buck because it would then cut it to under 1 ohm and double the power... but this is out of my knowledge.

I'd Rather Just Get A Powermaster D2700 And A Good Starting Battery. The Motor Is The Same On All Models, They'll Handle The Same Power Fully Loaded. (Theoretically.) If You Want The Most Out Of It, I'd Say 3000 Clean Watts Rms. But You Can Get A Smaller Amp And Improve Later. How Tall Is Your Trunk? If It's 19.5" - 22" Tall An 18" Could Fit Sub Back/Port Back.

( A D2700 Is $300 On This Site, I've Seen Them For Around That Locally, And It's One Big Damn Battery. I'd Just Get A Starting Battery Around 750 - 1000 CCA For Your Primary, The D2700 As Your Auxillary.)

Alright. It looks like I am going to have a very hard time getting a 18" to fit in my trunk. The killer isnt the width or length, its the height. So I may be backing down to the 15". It says on the website that the RMS is 2000 watts, same with the 18". Can it still handle the power if I were to get a Sundown SAZ-3500D Or 3000D? Or would it just be easier to get one SAZ-2000D and if I want more strap another amp on. If I were to go the single amp idea, would I get a 2 or 1 ohm sub? I would think if I got 1 ohm and I wanted to strap another onto it I would get more bang for the buck because it would then cut it to under 1 ohm and double the power... but this is out of my knowledge.

the 15 can still handle that power. its the same as the 18.

they have the same motor but the sub is just bigger.

Could somebody also explain what the big 3 is? I have been reading up on it but it doesn't say what it is exactly...

do u no wat the big 3 is?
No idea what the "big three" is.

I was talked down to a BL for my type of tunes. The BL's are not nearly as power hungry (I hope they hit as hard though) so I may not need another alternator. But I would assume I need a second battery...

im happy with it though.

read this again. it makes ur volts better.

Oh thats it?! I thought it was something like a three different type of batteries linked together

Oh thats it?! I thought it was something like a three different type of batteries linked together

lol no its pretty cheap and its really easy after you know wat ur doin.

on my car one of the ground wires were under the radiator hoses so i jus made a new ground.

if you make a new ground make sure u clean the paint off so you get a good connection.

use 0 guage wire. you can go to knuconceptz.com and get some.

0 gauge wire for the big 3? Or 0 gauge wire for connecting to my amp? I am still not quite sure what to use for that...

0 gauge wire for the big 3? Or 0 gauge wire for connecting to my amp? I am still not quite sure what to use for that...

use 0 guage for both.

id use the first link for the amp kit

and for the 0 guage use the kolossus flex.

7 or 8 feet of 0 guage should be plenty for the big 3.

its 3.49 for a foot.