Hell-Razor

General Questions

Do I have to buy special connectors? Should I get one of those fuse boxes that allow you to easily (or so it looks) connect several lines to one terminal?

Do I have to buy special connectors? Should I get one of those fuse boxes that allow you to easily (or so it looks) connect several lines to one terminal?

you can buy really cheap battery terminals at autozone where you can put all the wires on.

ur gona end up with 4 zero gauge wires so theyre perfect.

thats wat i used and it works really good.

oh and when you get the amp kit get the 300a fuse.

You read my mind, I just got on to ask what fuse I would need. Ordering process should start...next week =)

Alright lets see here, just a quick overview of what I am going to get to make sure I didnt screw up --

Amp - Sundown SAZ-2000D - http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/p...%252dorder.html

Amp Kit - Fuse 300A - http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX-PK0

Sub - Fi BTL 15" - https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/...view.shopscript

Big 3 Wiring - http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX0BK Should I get more of this to help me daisy chain my batteries together? I am looking to get 8 feet as of now...

Battery - Dont know the name but it has 1125 Crank Amps, should be enough (I hope)

The only thing I am missing is a deck. I need a good deck with an awesome equalizer... Any suggestions?

Edited by Hell-Razor

Alright I am just trying to figure out a good way to make the sub wiring look nice if I were to mount it magnet out. I have googled around to see how other people do it, but how would YOU do it?

Alright I am getting things settled at my place and just about ready to get things rolling. Just a few questions here about install:

1) I do the big 3 on my stack battery under the hood (correct?)

2) I run 1/0 gauge wire (about eight feet) to a second deep cycle battery in the trunk (would I want to put the fuse on this wire?). I haven't looked at this yet but I think its negative to positive, I would read up on this a LOT cause I don't want to short anything out.

3) Would I want to ground out the second batter?

4) I would then connect the amp to that battery (again, would I fuse this one as well?)

4a) Is that amp good enough? Is there like a 2500 or 3000 watt amp I should be getting instead?

5) Then install the rest.

Is there anyway I could (should) wire the amp to the in car speakers? I am going to get new ones eventually but just haven't thought much about inside the passenger compartment at all (I would think this would need a crossover).

...Why Do You Want To Invert The Subwoofer?

No, You Can't Hook Up Full Range Coaxials To A Mono Subwoofer Amp, You Can, But Uh, I'll Let You Figure Out Why Not To. (Get A SAX-50.4 Or The Like.)

Do The Big 3. You Should Know How.

Yes, Ground The Second Battery. Preferably To The Chassis. :Doh:

That Amp Will Actually Not Bring The BTL To It's Full Potential, But It's Alright. (That Amp Produces Around 2300-2400 Watts RMS @ 1 Ohm, What's Your Experience With Sound Systems, Is This Your First? If So, You Yourelf Won't Probably Be Able To Stand It Inside That Vehicle, That SAZ-2000D Will Be Enough For You.)

Fuse BOTH Batteries. Wire The Batteries In Parallel.

Run Your Power Wire From The Auxillary Battery To The Amp.

Ground The Amp.

Anything Else?

You Better Get An HO Alt Too, Or A Way Bigger Battery Than A 1125 CCA/CA, Preferably Both.

Way bigger than a 1125 CCA battery. Ok whats a better battery then? minim cca? I do not have enough $$ right now for a HO alt.

...Why Do You Want To Invert The Subwoofer?

No, You Can't Hook Up Full Range Coaxials To A Mono Subwoofer Amp, You Can, But Uh, I'll Let You Figure Out Why Not To. (Get A SAX-50.4 Or The Like.)

Do The Big 3. You Should Know How.

Yes, Ground The Second Battery. Preferably To The Chassis. :Doh:

That Amp Will Actually Not Bring The BTL To It's Full Potential, But It's Alright. (That Amp Produces Around 2300-2400 Watts RMS @ 1 Ohm, What's Your Experience With Sound Systems, Is This Your First? If So, You Yourelf Won't Probably Be Able To Stand It Inside That Vehicle, That SAZ-2000D Will Be Enough For You.)

Fuse BOTH Batteries. Wire The Batteries In Parallel.

Run Your Power Wire From The Auxillary Battery To The Amp.

Ground The Amp.

Anything Else?

Alright,

1) why are you recommending a SAX-50.4? And what would this be for?

2) Alright second battery grounded to chassis, no problem.

3) Ok that amp doesn't give enough power to its full potential, and this will be my second system. First system is a single 10" mtx 8500 and that rms's at about 500 watts I believe. Will the BTL handle two of the amps I am looking at strapped to it? It will lower it to .5 ohms if I am correct and provide it with...well more power than I think it will be able to handle (but not sure).

3) Good thing to know about the amp.

Please do note this is my FIRST install, I am jumping into it. When the time comes after I order everything I will take a LOT of pictures of me just trying to set it up and try to have some people stay online for updates / help. I will also post everything (pictures and what they are and website) to make sure I am not missing everything.

Also note I am still looking for a better battery.

EDIT - I am getting this amp install kit. Maybe you made a mistake and missed it. Will this still not work?

Edited by Hell-Razor

Oh and another thing I forgot to answer. The reason why I want to invert it is because I have never done it. I think it could be done and the way I am thinking of designing the box it may look cool. Besides that? I have no idea. If I get it and invert it and it sounds like shit, it will only take a few hours to build another...

Just though of one more question for you guys. What would happen if my car cant supply the power needed for the BTL? Will it reek havok on anything major? Could / Would it damage the amp / sub (if so how bad?)?

Powermaster D3100 Or D2700, Or A Kinetik, Something Along That.

The SAX-50.4 Is For Your Front Stage.

One SAZ-2000D Will Be Fine, Two Of Them Without An HO Alt And A Larger Primary Battery Would Wreak Havoc On Your Electrical, Plus It's A Little More Than What I Would Give A BTL.

Yes, A Weak Electrical System Can Fry Your Amp, But You Should Know When To Shut It Down Before That Happens.

And Yes, I Noticed The Install Kit, It'll Work.

There's No Reason To Invert The Woofer, It Might Look Cool But Aesthetics Don't Overweigh Performance.

I saw you ask about what knd of head unit to get?

I would look into pioneer, alpine, and eclipse head units.

Only ones I would use.

The SAX-50.4 Is For Your Front Stage.

Can you explain what you mean by a "front stage"?
One SAZ-2000D Will Be Fine, Two Of Them Without An HO Alt And A Larger Primary Battery Would Wreak Havoc On Your Electrical
What about a single SAZ-2000D with the Big Three and a huge primary bat? And if I wanted more, tie in a SAZ-1500D with a HO alt?

I saw you ask about what knd of head unit to get?

I would look into pioneer, alpine, and eclipse head units.

Only ones I would use.

Alright. I am still looking at crutchfield for soemthing decent.

I am pretty confused as well. The car I am tossing all of this into is a 2002 VW Passat. 4d Sedan....I am seeing multiple websites that say this is a double din cd player. I am also seeing some websites that say this is not a double din cd player... The cd player IS stock, I may jsut have to post some pictures to get a for sure answer...

http://l.images.easyautosales.com/2003-Volkswagen-Passat-10134000-304.jpg there you guys go. It says 2003 but thats the exact cd player thats in my car as well.

Edited by Hell-Razor

Front Stage Is Midwoofers And Tweeters, Otherwise Known As Mids And Highs.

That's A Double Din, But You Can Put A Single Din In If You Want With The Right Kit And Not Make It Look Like Shit.

www.woofersetc.com <--- Piss On Crutchfield's Prices.

You Need To Keep A Starting Battery Up Front And Get A Big Secondary, You Most Likely Will Need Some Sort Of Higher Output Alternator Either Way. You Won't Need A SAZ-1500D Plus The 2000D For A BTL, Plus It's Just A Bad Idea In General.

Look For The Konfused Battery Terminals On Knukonceptz Website, The RCA's With The Integrated Turn On Leads Would Be Nice, Too.

Keep The Battery You Have Up Front And Put A D2700 Or D3100 In The Rear In A Holder/Rack, If You Can Fabricate One, And Get An HO Alt, Usually The Cheaper Way Out In An Electrical System Is The Worst.

Alright I figure ill upgrade the electrical and then buy the system cause I don't want to fry anything. The only problem is is the highest output alternator I can find is only 120 amps for this car...

holey cow... 500$ for an alternator?!... and it looks like VW Passat is not in the supported list.

Edited by Hell-Razor

Well considering how much you will be paying for your system.. You want a good alternator so your $2k+ setup will be able to reach full potential...

You also should never cheap out on eletrical

No power = no output