Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

New SI 12 has left for demoing

i cant wait 2 hear the first review.....4 some reason i think its going to be a good one

Can't wait to send the 15 through the test. I am sure it is going to be sweeet.

I am going to pull a straight swap first, in a 2.35 cuft sealed enclosure. If I have time I will build a ported enclosure. I am off this thurs and friday so I might do it then.

if anyone has some box plans for a ported 15 send them my way please.... cjj2d2000@yahoo.com

thanks.

Can't wait to send the 15 through the test. I am sure it is going to be sweeet.

I am going to pull a straight swap first, in a 2.35 cuft sealed enclosure. If I have time I will build a ported enclosure. I am off this thurs and friday so I might do it then.

if anyone has some box plans for a ported 15 send them my way please.... cjj2d2000@yahoo.com

thanks.

if i get time later tonite, and noone else has done it..i'll try to get a design ur way..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Two days with it and no review... :(

I work two jobs :faintthud: and I built most of sunday, and last night from 8:30 to just shy of 2:30 am, and I had to be in the office at 8:00 :coffee: don't worry I am not wasting any time..

it goes in tonight after my last training appointment and I will listen to it as much as I can in the shortest amount of time as possible and ship it out asap,

it is so pretty, I am going to be sad to see it go :sadwavey:

:banhim:

Haha, I'm just joking with you. Like I said above, just get to it when you can. :)

No big rush for me...I already know what it sounds like. :P

I feel bad, because I want to hear it asap, and I know other do to,

I am suprised that there is no one in the area, so me and Ferdinand will have to write the review ourselves :P

No worries, just anxious to hear someone else's opinion of it. :)

No worries, just anxious to hear someone else's opinion of it. :)

I know thats why I feel bad that I did not have this up and running the day it got here

:worthless:

we just listened to it for about 20 mins,

all I can say is that even in my rattle prone truck I feel bad for JL

will elaborate more later, wonderful sub Nick

I just got done talking to Aaron over AIM and ... well lets just say that he is probably going to buy one of the first woofers up for sale. :) (hopefully ;))

Post more when you can. :) The woofer should go out to the next person in line on Monday.

Speaking of which, 'wanna change your avatar? :D

damn you Nick, you have rendered all mirrors in my truck WORTHLESS :bartmoon:

due to other people needing to test this sub I am going to refrain from putting the Orion on it, but it is laughing at me with the power on it :(

ok now that I am at the office the next morning and after my 35 min commute I am going to have some trouble wiping the perma-grin off my face until lunch when it is play time again !!!

:woot:

Speaking of which, 'wanna change your avatar?  :D

BRILLIANT! Buying more moofers you say? BRILLIANT!

Speaking of which, 'wanna change your avatar?

Speaking of which, 'wanna change your avatar?  :D

I need to upload pix and maybe try to get a little vid off my digital camera tonight

I just posted this on CA.com felt it should be relayed here incase I left anything out on here:

I want to thank Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity for letting me be the first to demo the new D2 prototype.

I am not going to get into details right at this moment, and I did take some pictures, but have not uploaded them yet. If you are dieing to see pictures of the exact sub that is being tested in the back of my truck right now, you can go to www.stereointegrity.com. There are a few small pictures up on the site. Also, Nick posted some other pictures up in the Stereo Integrity forums on www.TeamSSAudio.com .

I will save the long review for my upcomming momentum article (shameless plug). But I only have a few days to listen to it and then I sadly have to let it go and send it off to the next person in the demo ring.

Currently the proto is sitting in a 2 cube box, tuned to 27/28 hz, with about 44.5" of port. I want to thank Tirefyr and mrray with assistance on the box design. As usual I over built the box, but did not have time to lay down glass or hone out the port as much as I like. I had 3 amps available to choose for testing, all three of different power, (RF 250a2 334 watts, Cadence Z800 450-470 watts, and Orion 2500D 2600+ watts). Currently the Cadence is caring the load. With impeadance rise I am sure the sub is seeing closer to 400 if not a hair less. The test head unit in my truck currently is an Eclipse 5430 (5v) my 8053 is destined for my car, and the line driver is the AudioControl Overdrive. I choose to pull my Phoenix Gold Bass cube for the test so I could get the most unfiltered un processed sound I could send to the sub. Test vehicle is an Explorer 4x4 4 door, a naturally good testing platform for street style set ups. My car has a sealed trunk and I wanted to be able to hear everything being produced.

To get to the point, SI built an IMPRESSIVE piece. I have less than an hour listening time on it, and I am already sad that I have to let it go to the next testor. I am not going to compare it head ot head against anything else because this test is about this sub and how it does in my set up. But I can tell you that this is the heaviest 12" sub I have played with. The design is all business and so is the sound, not to mention the build quality is top notch for a prototype. For now I will tell you that with my limited time with it, I can honestly say it is probably the most well rounded 12" I have ever heard. I am no warbleed but I have listened to a large amount of subs and I can tell you I want one, no make that two as soon as possible. That is if does not let me buy the prototype. For sub of this nature, and with the purportionally low amount of power it is seeing, my truck is getting beat to death. For running mostly SQ installs in my truck in recent years, the new "MAG" D2 has better SQ then I have owned, while making me worried about the integrity of the structure of my truck.

Thats it for now, I hope to have pics up soon. I will give a full run down in my article on momentum. As of now, I can say that if you have the loot and want a 12 or 15 that is going to rock your vehicle the new "MAG" is flat out one of the best options available.

Thanks again goes out to Nick and the boys at Stereo Integrity for reassuring my faith in that a little company can build something of high quality and high performance while giving great customer service.

that was nice....nick is a cool dude the folks over at si give yourself a round of appluase