theKeety

New Setup, From Kicker to FI

"Getting attention" is ANNOYING. If you really to compensate that much I feel sorry for you.

...You Two Should Get Married. And I Never Saw A Response As To Where You Set Your Subsonic Filter.

I Think You'd Also Be Better Off With An Underpowered Q. I Also Suggest The Use Of A DMM And Knowledge Of The Input Voltage Of Your Head Unit. I Really Don't Give A Damn What Size You Choose, But You Obviously Want Good Sounding OUTPUT. Sounds Like An SSD Or Q Ported, No Sealed For You. Tune To Around, Optimally, 31hz-33hz. I Like Lower Tunings Myself, So I Choose The Former. And Then I Would Set The SSF At 20hz. But This Is What I'd Do With The Basic Equipment You Are Contemplating On, Not What I Am Doing Personally. It's Up To You To Do What You Want, I'm Not Your Damn Daddy. You Should Also Listen To Some Of The Members Here, You Might Learn Something.

Set the gains correctly >> get the SSD 12" with copper coil >> build a proper ported box >> happy time.

Side note: Keety, you have to understand that the mass majority of SSA members are hear to learn about the finer points about the hobby/sport, and dislike the bad name car audio has been given due to irresponsible people who project their music or sound into other peoples spaces. This is the reason ///M5 was reacting to your red light comment. We try to take audio very seriously as we want to figure out the best option or solution, KU40 did a great job of explaining this earlier. I am not trying to harp on you at all, just trying to show you that SSA is a forum unlike the others.

:)

The forums seem cool, just kinda got a bad impression off the start from M5, but I'm going let that settle.

With my two jl w1's 10"s, they seemed to be covering more area, maybe more filling is a way to describe it.

When I got the Kicker CVX, it was a hell of lot louder, but it felt as if it just doesn't cover as much, maybe less filling( not just referring to the hallow sounds from the CVX.)

I think If I get the 15", I will make my own sealed box.... really how hard could that be, really cause I have no clue? I've seen put a lot of shit in the rears of Civic's, but I'm not sure if it could house 3 cubic feet, so I will probably go with the 2 cubic feet sealed first though. I always wondered about taking out the third seat and making that a wall, any ideas on that?

Edited by theKeety

Honestly you should begin by building a basic box. Building a wall well takes experience. Plus with only a single 15, I don't see the point. If you have some cardboard laying around, create a mock-up box and see if it fits in the trunk. That way you will know if the box you're planning will fit.

The CVX Was Less "Filling" Because The Box Was Tuned High, This Creates Less Port Velocity, And Thus Less Air Movement (More Air Movement Doesn't Always Equal Loud To The TL Or Ear). (38hz And Up To Me Is Considered A Fartbox.)

I'd Rather You Go Ported, You Might Not Like A Sealed Box's Output. But A Wall Isn't Necessary. Especially For An SSD 15".

But, You Can Try A Sealed Box First. But Make Sure It's At Least 2 Cubic Feet After Sub Displacement. Just Make Sure You Follow The Above Guidelines In My Last Post, This One, Other People's Opinions, And The Manufacturer's Specs, And You Will Be Happy.

Also, A Ported 12" Will Probably (Most Likely) Be Louder And With The Right Box, Have Near The Same Amount Of Linearity As A Sealed Setup With The SSD 15".

To Me, Sealed Boxes Are People Who Take Car Audio As An Afterthought, But That Is My Opinion.

Trust Me, You Sound Like You Want Output With Good Sound Quality, That Says Ported To Me.

Do You Want A 15" Just For The Fact Of It Being Bigger?

I am with denim. Get the 12" SSD. You will be surprised, trust me.

I think you may be like my little brother. He didn't want a 12" BTL because it was not a 15" and being smaller. After he listened to what it sounded like, he definitely changed his mind.

Edited by phi

The forums seem cool, just kinda got a bad impression off the start from M5, but I'm going let that settle.

hes a good guy....probably one of the most reputable here.

he's no harm lol. just truthful. and i mean honestly....look at his sig.

back on topic....i agree with the ported 12" ssd idea you had.

It's been a long week, but I just got finishing ordering the 12". Ohm: dual 1

FlatwindCoil: yes +$20

copperCoil: no

BP_Power: yes +$30

Dustcap: white

So, I hope I'll be a happy camper. Anyone know of any quality prefabs? I'm going to set up the zx750.1 perfect this time so, no more blowing subs for now.

turn the subsonic filter on. Check out pound that sound and fisher boxes or whatever on here. They make really nice stuff.

you are going to get what you pay for

That sounds expensive, I wouldn't mind trying to make my own if possible. I'll probably make a sealed one to their recommendation, if all goes well, then I might make my own ported. As of now my eyes are on prefabs though, the ones on ebay aren't that bad, just gotta find one that is tuned right I guess.

I have a zx750 on a 15" SSD and it sounds amazing.

BUT I made my own box according to what would sound best by Fi's recommendations.

Do yourself a favor and go buy a $20 sheet of mdf and make your own box.

I have a zx750 on a 15" SSD and it sounds amazing.

BUT I made my own box according to what would sound best by Fi's recommendations.

Do yourself a favor and go buy a $20 sheet of mdf and make your own box.

x2 I personally would do 2.7 tuned to 34hz

pts boxes look really nice and are good but I would never pay that much for a box from any one when I can build a box that may not look as good but still performs

Fisher Customs hands down. The only thing you really pay for to have BJ build your box is materials and shipping, he makes very little profit on his enclosures.

This was $190 SHIPPED

1.png

Fisher Customs hands down. The only thing you really pay for to have BJ build your box is materials and shipping, he makes very little profit on his enclosures.

This was $190 SHIPPED

1.png

wow. If that was 190 shipped, then go and get him to build you a ported box. Thats really good especially for the craftsmanship that he puts in it. I know my boxes are not that nice looking.

190 dollars for a sub box my last one cost 55 dollars?

really if you pay some one non local to build you a box it is a waste of money ups will rape you on shipping charges

Well he has an enclosure which takes more materials needed than what I will need for just one 12". Therefore with less materials, less weight, cheaper price and shipping.