• SSA Icon 10
    • Mach 5 IXL10.2.2
    • Elemental D. 11Ov.2
    • Incriminator Lethal Injection 10
    • Fi Audio SSD 10 + Copper Coil
    • RE Audio SE10
    • PG RSdC 10
    • SoundSplinter RL-i 10

As I've known a long time ago, this forum (SSA) is the best one to find answers about this subs that I'll buy till the end of the year.

Subwoofers That I Like : JL Audio, Also Old RF's, JBL's...

Some additional Infos :

- The Car : Medium Hatchback (Fiat Grande Punto).

- Musics : Listen to All kinds, but my Preference are House/Minimal (Deadmau5/ Robet Babicz), Rock/Metal (Led Zeppelin/ Disturbed).

- Bass Preferences : Fast, Clean, Low Freqs Extension.

- Subwoofer Amp : Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 (rated around 850Wrms).

- Rest of Syst. : Take a Look on my Siganture.

- I have quite enought room to most of these subwoofers (around 40/50L), as I'll use only one, but a smaller box would be better for me.

So the "contest" is about these alternative subs :

Sound Splinter : RL-i10.

TC Sounds/ Audiopulse : Epic 10.

Fi Audio : SSD10 + Copper Coil.

RE Audio : SE10.

Elemental Designs : 11Ov.2.

Mach 5 Audio : IXL10.2.2

Incriminator Audio : 10 Lethal Injection.

Phoenix Gold : Ti10.

Phoenix Gold : RSdC 10.

Wich should I choose (or would you choose)? (If there is a "why" please leave this answer too).

Thanks!

With that amp, of the sub's listed, the SSD, IXL, Lethal Injection, or RSDc would be the one's I would look at. All are proven performers, all can function well in a properly built sealed box in the range of 40-50 litres or 1.4-1.7 cubes (to stay on the small side due to car size and space available) . Plus all are made by great companies.

With that amp, of the sub's listed, the SSD, IXL, Lethal Injection, or RSDc would be the one's I would look at. All are proven performers, all can function well in a properly built sealed box in the range of 40-50 litres or 1.4-1.7 cubes (to stay on the small side due to car size and space available) . Plus all are made by great companies.

Thanks man, Thats what I was expecting...

I've read the ///M5's review about the IXL12.2.2, and If all that things are true, this sub will match my subwoofer taste. Also, I've read some nice reviews about the RSdC, and looks like people think they're very good even being a "cheap" subwoofer when compareted to other performers.

As I have seen on the Pictures, the Fi Audio are quite beautiful and well ended subwoofer, being robust with that "heaviweight" apperance, but according to reviews that I've read, maybe it will be the worst between these four of your choice.

Actually, I liked everyone, and everyone has a strength point and, starting by RSdC's, I would say that using it, I'd stay on PG's family with the hole system being PG, and its a great looking/performer and the cheapest between all these. When we talk about the SSD's, whoa, they are one of the most beautiful subs that I've seen last years (Looking to the cone, they remind me the 2003 RF Punch Series, like RF2210), have the nice options that we can choose, a relative good price, and well, these subs, by looking really make me confident about their perfomances. When we talk about the Incriminator, well, they surprised me according to reviews, cuz I really thought that they were really powerful, and did not make me confident about it's SQ purpose (I was wrong, They really are). And the Mach 5, this one has the most rude looking, and in fact this is a ugly sub, but looks like everyone enjoyed it's sound, with fast, clean, and powerful bass even when played with a half of power applied, what surprised me, cuz is a heavy cone sub, but for now, I'm not unconfident about it anymoreand I guess that for now will be me choice.

I'm disappointed with eD 11Ov.2, I thought this one could be an acclaimed subwoofer, but none told me anything about it. It's a great looking sub, great parameters, great price (for only 75 an a Blowout selling from eD)...But, I don't know.

Thanks bro!

Edited by PGold_Fan

Well you didn't post a budget but i would add the Icon 10 to your list.

I had one and man did it kill the lows but it was also very tight and sounded good.

I listened to rap, metal, jazz, country, etc, and it all sounded good.

Can't go wrong with ssa!

Well you didn't post a budget but i would add the Icon 10 to your list.

I had one and man did it kill the lows but it was also very tight and sounded good.

I listened to rap, metal, jazz, country, etc, and it all sounded good.

Can't go wrong with ssa!

The Budget is around 200,00 USD.

Thanks man, I Forgot Icon...

It was on my Original List...

So Icon is added, and the List Now is :

- SSA : Icon 10.

- Fi Audio : SSD10 + Copper Coil.

- Mach 5 Audio : IXL10.2.2.

- Incriminator Audio : 10 Lethal Injection.

- Phoenix Gold : RSdC 10.

As a pround owner of an Icon 15, I must vote for the Icon 10"!!!

I haven't heared the other ones you've listed, but they all seem to be very good.

But, with a name like that (icon) how can you go wrong ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lol

As a pround owner of an Icon 15, I must vote for the Icon 10"!!!

I haven't heared the other ones you've listed, but they all seem to be very good.

But, with a name like that (icon) how can you go wrong ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lol

Thanks man, there is no prob with the Icon, for now...

But I'd like a sub that has a power handling around 600/800 Wrms maximum...

To save some power as a "headroom". Don't like to underpower subwoofers, it's the same problem with Mach 5, but heard that they are nice even with 500Wrms.

Thanks again!

You can't "underpower" a sub.

The difference between your list will depend more and more on your box. I'd nail that down before deciding.

You can't "underpower" a sub.

The difference between your list will depend more and more on your box. I'd nail that down before deciding.

OK, I see what you mean...I know that is not correct about the "underpower", but was the way I found to tell that I'd like to have a headroom. My english is not very good anymore...

The box will be well constructed, eith a 3/4" MDF layer and a gret finish...looking for a Performance Port (in case of a ported box)...

I thinking on something between 25 to 35 Liters maximum, so the fine tuning had to be decided after the subwoofer acquire, actually all that I said about this box will be defined after the sub bought, because every sub works in a different way, so every sub needs a specific box project.

To be more specific, a want small/medium box, did not decide yet about tipo, ported or sealed, but I use to build ported cuz of my taste. I will project it on WinISD, looking for a maximum delay of something about 20ms at the F3, and as flat as possible response.

Maybe I could build even the factory recommended box.

I guess the only thing I decide about the box until now, is that will be very well constructed, being strong and well finished.

Thanks again!

Edited by PGold_Fan

Another Vote for the IXL, can't comment on the ICON as I've never heard one.

The IXL10 in a ported box will fit nicely into the box sizes you've listed, it plays low and output isnt wanting. Tune low and she's nice and flat in the curve. Played perfectly when I was feeding 450wrms into it.

Jono

The Icon would be perfect on 600/800 rms.

You dont HAVE to have 1000rms on it.

So i think you get what i vote for :)

I vote a Digital Designs Z18", they sound good and get loud don't they?

if you are talking about the 99z or the 95z no they sound bad but they get loud off of alot of power the 95 hasn't really had enough testing to say alot about it but the 99 will take alot of power on burps but daily they are average and sound pretty much like shit

now if you are talking sundowns z they do sound pretty good

Edited by wenn_du_weinst

It is hard to beat the sub manufactures on SSA. Not only do they produce quality products, but their service after the purchase is outstanding!

My 15 Icon plays so well with "just" 650 watts rms. It's a DVC 2 ohms, and at 4 ohms my JL amp gives him 650 w, maybe less as I don't have 14.4v !!

I will get a 1000w amp when I can, but it's really not a must!

Another Vote for the IXL, can't comment on the ICON as I've never heard one.

The IXL10 in a ported box will fit nicely into the box sizes you've listed, it plays low and output isnt wanting. Tune low and she's nice and flat in the curve. Played perfectly when I was feeding 450wrms into it.

Jono

Yeah, I'll contact Mach 5 to know something else about this sub, and ask how much would be shipping to Brazil, It propably will be very high rated.

Nice, I guess I'm with this "headdroom" idea because of my last subwoofer, that was rated for 400Wrms and I've pushed it into the 600Wrms and it pounded well, with a very good response...was a 12" sub.

Should be Nice, but not what I'm looking for now...

I want the 10's subwoofers, small boxes and great response in every kind of music.

Thanks!

It is hard to beat the sub manufactures on SSA. Not only do they produce quality products, but their service after the purchase is outstanding!

Nice to know, nice to know that they have this concer about their consumers.

Thanks!

if you are talking about the 99z or the 95z no they sound bad but they get loud off of alot of power the 95 hasn't really had enough testing to say alot about it but the 99 will take alot of power on burps but daily they are average and sound pretty much like shit

lol

lol

Yeah I don't think he knows what i'm talking about :Doh: :bigclap:

I just recently built a box for a 10" Icon. I can't express how happy I am with it.

I just recently built a box for a 10" Icon. I can't express how happy I am with it.

Nice to know, another point to Icon.

If you did not, can you vote please?

Thanks!