Sign in to follow this  
phade

i just got 2 saz 3000 d's and need help

hi im new to this forum and i just purchased 2 saz 3000's and at the last competition saturday my amps clipped out thinking it was the hot weather i stopped playing and let em cool then i saw a thread on this forum where sum ppl had the same problem where the slave wud switch into protect and it was due to the rcas runnning from the br out to the br in and once they switched the rca the problem was no more....now my question is what were the rcas that u had used in order to stop this problem???

Did you use the instructional on the Sundown forum to slave them?

Also what do you have for electrical upgrades?

Too little juice will smoke amps.

I have a 220 amp alternator a stinger battery up front a powermaster 3100 stinger 1700 and 2 deka unigy batteries in the back

I have a 220 amp alternator a stinger battery up front a powermaster 3100 stinger 1700 and 2 deka unigy batteries in the back

Where are you located?

That's so weird they don't accept those kinda wires so ill just go and try out sum walmart wires before I head out 2 the show in hialeah

Did the amps work at all? I think if it were the rca's it would protect when you first turn them on. Need alittle bit more info on your system. What subs/ohm load etc.

Did the amps work at all? I think if it were the rca's it would protect when you first turn them on. Need alittle bit more info on your system. What subs/ohm load etc.

yea the amps were workind on a regular strait connection but im running 4 15" kicker l7's 4ohm subs....idk its weird when i had them strapped to play 2ohms it wud clip but stapping at .5 has no problem i jammed for abt 2 songs subs smelled amps were hot but no clipping or ne of that sort

Did You Use Stinger RCA's? That Would Be The Problem. Those And Memphis, And RF RCA's.

why so much trouble with certain brand rca's ? that's pretty ƒucking weird if you ask me..

Edited by Earsplitter

Ask the guys making the RCAs :) Cheap "standard" RCAs work great but whenever they start getting fancy with them the inside plug size gets weird and won't make good contact with the jack.

why so much trouble with certain brand rca's ? that's pretty

i used stinger RCAs with no problem. it's when i tried to strap them where i get my issues, but that's a story for another day. then i bought some cheapo RCAs and they also worked fine. now i'm using some RCAs that i made myself. all with the same results. the stinger RCAs i used were older tho. like 4+ years old so i'm not sure if something may have changed with their wires since then or not

<!--quoteo(post=532988:date=Jun 23 2009, 10:19 PM:name=Gary F.)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gary F. @ Jun 23 2009, 10:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=532988"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Did the amps work at all? I think if it were the rca's it would protect when you first turn them on. Need alittle bit more info on your system. What subs/ohm load etc.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yea the amps were workind on a regular strait connection but im running 4 15" kicker l7's 4ohm subs....idk its weird when i had them strapped to play 2ohms it wud clip but stapping at .5 has no problem i jammed for abt 2 songs subs smelled amps were hot but no clipping or ne of that sort

Man, I would seriously think you are going to FRY those subs with those amps..... WAY WAY WAY too much power, even if they are the newest L7's...... Just my opinion though. Good luck with it and try the cheapo RCA's, I think they are Phillips brand at Wal-mart, same spot where all the Component video cables etc are located.. Cheap red/white RCA's. That's all I use at my shop, they last almost a year before they go bad and we are constantly plugging and unplugging on the bench here....

Sign in to follow this