can i ground my amp to another ground in the trunk? ill have a picture in a moment when i figure out how.

Edited by mwerling1212

try grounding it to different places and see if the amp works when grounded and if so find the most efficient place with a good ground...i'm no expert but i think this method should work...make sure where you ground it to is clean and has no paint or anything bc then it will get a better ground

A better way would be to use a DMM to find the spot that has a 0 ohm resistance.

yea use that method if possible lol like i said i'm not an expert...that way you also have no possibility of dammage to any of your equipment as apposed to what i said before...

grounding is grounding.

You couldn't be more wrong my friend.

from what he's saying, yes you can ground to another ground in the trunk. will it work, who knows unless you try.

Edited by blimblam

If all of your batteries are in the trunk would it just be better to ground all your amps to a distribution block with a 1/0 gague wire going to the battery's negative terminal or finding a ground spot? Will every battery's negative post be a 0 ohm resistance, if so that would be my best ideal spot.

Right now I have them to my seat bolt frame, you should try that spot out also or get a DMM to find the resistance which is my next step.

A better way would be to use a DMM to find the spot that has a 0 ohm resistance.

X2

The ground location is just as important as anything else in the system.

Cutting corners on installation will result in problems down the road...

I have the same question, how would you use a dmm to measure a ground for resistance? Touch one probe to your wire going to the (+) battery terminal, and the other probe to your ground?

:fing34: well ain't you a smart one

just curious but how good r ground ternminals? i saw sum in crutchfield and was how good they r? ive never used em so i thought id ask.