mbarber25

MBarber25's Build Log

alright well i just installed the voltmeter and i have to say i like it. nice display and really easy to figure out.... installing it was a pain but i'll get to that later.. but i have like 15+ pics to put up later but i don't have time right now.. i have a football thing so i will put them up when i'm in for the night..

someone please acknowledge lol.. leave me some posts so i don't feel like this is sort of pointless

ok so today i got out of work early and had some time to install my voltmeter.. it went pretty well but still took me a bit... haha it took me soooooo long to find a good ground it was ridiculous

i did a clean job but need to put away some more wires and solder the remote wire once i wire up my amp.. anyways here it is

Meter2.jpg

Meter1.jpg

Meter5.jpg

tell me what you guys think

Edited by mbarber25

good location to mount the meter

good location to mount the meter

thanks.. i wanted it near the HU but it would of been sloppy and a pain to find a ground and a place to hide the wires.. i drilled right through those button patches or whatever i forget what they're called

:ehh: is that wire mashed in there? looks good other than that. good numbers there.

:ehh: is that wire mashed in there? looks good other than that. good numbers there.

yea that's the wiring i mentioned.. will be fixed eventually ;)

alright another thing checked off

big 3

here's some pics...

positive

Big31.jpg

alternator

Big32.jpg

above the radiator

Big33.jpg

i wanted to take more but the wiring blends in with everything because its gray and there's not much out in the open anyways

Looking good. :)

Niceeee.

Everything is coming in next week. Dynamat. Knu 1/0. And btl :)

will be making a build log!

Keep puttin pics up!

so i need some opinions

but first here's a couple more pics

dynamat i installed a couple months back when my last setup was still functional lol

need some on the top left

Dyna3.jpg

underneath the liner behind the rear seats---boy was that part fun :ehh:

Dyna2.jpg

same place

Dyna1.jpg

good job man, would you like to do my trunk (just playing), enjoying the build so far

Niceeee.

Everything is coming in next week. Dynamat. Knu 1/0. And btl :)

will be making a build log!

Keep puttin pics up!

has your tracking status changed at all?

oh and here's some more dynamat i forgot about but these pictures also refer to the opinions i want and need

where you see the tape measure is where i was thinking of mounting my amp (Sundown SAZ-2000D).. i also came up with the idea to cut out a decent size peice of MDF about an inch longer and wider than the amp on all sides and gthen wrapping the MDF in carpet or painting it. i would mount the MDF to the seats so that they are permantely together instead of folidng down in seperate sections. i already measured it all up and i have enough room

i was going to mount the amp on the box but it's a little too sketchy for me so i came up with this instead. i believe this is the safest spot before putting the amp in the cabin with me haha

- first i want functionality, then style is second

i think this a pretty good idea.. what do you guys think?

MOunt2.jpg

MOunt3.jpg

just gotta make sure its mounted perfectly so it fits nicely between the hatch to the trunk

MOunt5.jpg

amp dimensions:

between 21"-22" long

between 10"-11" wide

2.25" tall

overload me with responses ;) i know it's not big dave's but humor me

or just go to home depot and buy a black shelf board like i did (it will save you the time cutting and painting), works out just the same. I have my board holding my two amps for my mids & tweeters

or just go to home depot and buy a black shelf board like i did (it will save you the time cutting and painting), works out just the same. I have my board holding my two amps for my mids & tweeters

oh thanks, that's an idea too. i hope they have the size i'm looking for

haha i'm about to go there now since i have nothing better to do.. and i need to find screws to mount my sub when it comes

Edited by mbarber25

do you have any other amps in the car, for your interior speakers. if so where are you going to mount them

do you have any other amps in the car, for your interior speakers. if so where are you going to mount them

yea I'm at home depot right now actually and I found the perfect piece of black rubbermaid shelving.. it'll will look nice

but no other amp.. not yet atleast.

alright back from home depot.. here's what i got

theres the wood for the little amp rack.. strayed away from the rubbermaid shelf since they were all dinged up and looked cheap

Wood3.jpg

new u-knife, new bits, some screws

Wood1.jpg

Wood2.jpg

i'm going to cut the peice to size and find some carpet to wrap it for a clean finish

has your tracking status changed at all?

yeah it changed to in transit on thursday.. Expected delivery on the 16th the rest of my shit comes in the day before.

WTF an I ordered mine wayyyyyybefore you. this is bullshit