mbarber25

MBarber25's Build Log

ya good point where your rear seats fold down there isn't much room for anything lol.

but ya the way i look at it is when you have your setup firing towards the trunk there is a little loading area and the sound has to travel from ALL the way from the back to the front and with in that traveling distance you will loose some db, but firing it forward you have less to travel plus if you SEAL it off you will get no bass cancellation (due to it being deal) as for a quick way to seal it without having to make a angled box jsut simple use that foam stuff in the holes then toss some carpet on it to hide it all!

check out what my buddy did!

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421848

notice the last pic on the first page you can see the foam a bit!

and with his single 15(mag v3 last setup on the first page) sealed and firing forward that was his loudest setup todate and that was only getting 1200rms! and i swear he does 146DB like comon 1200rms lool!!

yea i might try spiining it around this weekend to see how it sounds.

but like i said.. i am trying to get a suv sooo here i come 18s :)

but i saw what you were talking about in the last pic.

lol ya man an SUV with a bunch of batteries and amps and a pair if not more 18's will be stupid loud lol!!

lol ya man an SUV with a bunch of batteries and amps and a pair if not more 18's will be stupid loud lol!!

yea it'll just take a while to get the money for all of the equipment i want

so i'll just keep my 15 BTL and then sell it all and get all the new stuff

im thinking on two 18 BTL's and either two 3500D's or two 2000D's since i already have one 2000D... but i want more power!! lol

maybe if Fi comes out with a new more powerful sub i'd go with that and two 4500D's.. i'd be a little on edge with a 4500 on a BTL. it wouldn't work out for my daily driving i think lol.

wow it's been a while

well i won a door pack from Second Skin not too long ago from Ant... thanks Ant!

but uh still haven't posted up any pics of it. so i'm going to now!

well now here's the scenario. i know i had to apply some of the second skin in my car. so i decided to do a little patch on the driver and passenger door. just around the speaker hole.

i know it's not enough but it stopped the rattling i could hear sometimes and IMO i think they sound a little better.

i still have about 12 sq. ft. of deadener left. which i am saving for my next vehicle. which i should have soon. i hope. so there was no point of wasting deadener on my maxima which will be gone soon enough.

PC060028.jpg

PC060030.jpg

PC060031.jpg

PC060042.jpg

wash, rinse, repeat

PC060045.jpg

i also made the other door like this since the deadener was covering where the gasket would be :drink40:

PC060047.jpg

haha so all done deadening until a yukon is sitting in my drive way :)

PC060043.jpg

but i give major props to the boys at second skin. your products are awesome. IMO you guys are putting dynamat and all them to shame. you guys are on the rise to the top keep it up! (if you're not already there now lol)

i have exerience with dynamat. and damplifier pro and your product is far better. using second skin i found no need for a heat gun... or blow dryer in my case haha. and i applied it when the weathe was in the high 30 degree range. which is still cold as f***.

i plan on purchasing much more second skin products in the future. i also want to try some spectrum for the doors and all of those hard to reach places. it looks pretty promising :drink40:

thanks again for choosing me in the competition. i really appreciate my free door pack! do you see dynamat and those other companies out there on forums giving away free products? no. i didn't think so.

oh and i won this back in september :)

SecondPlace.jpg

lost to mister SPLscion with his scion tc with two 15 soundstream something or others ;) he hit a 144.something.

i hit a 142.6

i'm eager to have my car metered again. it has definately improved since back in september

Edited by mbarber25

i have to venutre out into the snow in a little while so..

i'm going to make a video on my new iphone to test how it reacts to bass

:woot:

so i learned two things earlier

-iphone camera sucks in dark

-iphone mic does 'ok' with bass but distorts to the point that the highs can't really be heard... well with my setup atleast

It sounds good to be on a phone, that BTL is slamming.

in the process of publishing 4 videos to youtube from my phone..

i think they came out pretty good considering :woot:

Nice trophy you got there. The system is lookin and soundin good. I dont know how you make videos while you are driving though. I'll stick to my parking lot!wink.gif

Sounds like a good idea to keep the deadening for your next vehicle. Doesnt make sense for the next person to enjoy it when you just got it.

Keep it up. Looks great.popcorn.gif

another vid while driving hehe :ehh:

quality sucks as of now but maybe it'll get better when it's done processing.

as of now my lttle sisters cheap kodak pink camera picks up more flex than this iphone camera :ehh:

Edited by mbarber25

can see some decent flex inside.. but only like 50% of it :/

Edited by mbarber25

again... this song makes the rattling sound 20x's worse lmao :ehh:

voltage=bad

but no point in a HO alternator now.

Edited by mbarber25

Good to see more deadening. :)

How do you like your Alpine headunit, Im thinking about upgrading to that real soon?

How do you like your Alpine headunit, Im thinking about upgrading to that real soon?

absolutely love it

i definately recommend it

do you use an ipod in the car or?