Sign in to follow this  
rmzsuzuki89

4 DP21"s

4 DP21" Wall Design  

6 members have voted

1. 1. 4 DP21" Wall Design

• Clam Wall
    • Diamond

Well, I'm adding 2 more DP21"s to my Expedition in a month or two. I was planning on doing a clam wall at the B-pillars. But I also started thinking doing a diamond type enclosure would be pretty sweet too.

So I'm looking for some opinions on what you think would be louder, first and foremost, and look better. Which ever design I go with will be at the B-pillars, between 35 and 40 cubes, tuned to 32hz. Please explain why you voted the way you did.

I have never done either of these designs, so any tips are also appreciated.

The subs.

al25fr.jpg

I like the clam idea, seems a little easier to build.

^ x2

And to add, this is gonna be one hell of a build ;)

i have actually been planing to do this myself for a while now but the box wont really matter much with that much cone area your bound to be hitting high 150s regardless of what box you put it in and who really needs to be louder than 158 or so on music. dont take me wrong the box is important but its gona be so loud neway :)f or mine i was personally planning a ported clamshell about 38 cubes without port after displacement tuned to 30 hz. also what amps are you gona run

Edited by mikee72

i have actually been planing to do this myself for a while now but the box wont really matter much with that much cone area your bound to be hitting high 150s regardless of what box you put it in and who really needs to be louder than 158 or so on music. dont take me wrong the box is important but its gona be so loud neway :)f or mine i was personally planning a ported clamshell about 38 cubes without port after displacement tuned to 30 hz. also what amps are you gona run

2 SAZ-3000d's strapped at one ohm.

sweet sweet im gona b runnin 4 saz 2000s each pair strapped at one ohm do you already have those amps?

sweet sweet im gona b runnin 4 saz 2000s each pair strapped at one ohm do you already have those amps?

Yep. Have had them for a few months now.

By the way, this is gonna just be a demo vehicle. Not looking to compete too much. Will be tuned to between 30 and 32 hz.

I vote: Clam.jpg

I vote 4th order bandpass