dustin420

Legalize It

got a text today sayin this

"Vote to legalize marijuana. CNN said today obama would consider it with 1 million votes. Call 973 409 3274 listen and press #"

I called it and it just says stuff like the government could save like 10 billion dollars if weed was legal from taxes and saving on payment for police busts and stuff like that. so call if you want it probally won't make a difference if weed gets legalized but hey worth a try i guess.

Well , I'm from the Netherlands so I guess I have to respond to this , its legal where here so I can put some light on this subject I think .

as with everething there are pro's and cons , I'll put some on a list .

- the percentage of users actually has lowered since its been legal .

- tax income for the state

- the link between te softer drugs like weed and hasj and the harder drugs has become smaller ,

meaning , often when you start smoking weed you'll eventually use coke or an other highly addicive drug

simply because your (not legal)dealer sells that too , when its legal you'll go to a shop that ONLY has hasj and weed

- price per gramm halved , nice for everyone who smokes but also for those who dont ,

because there are less robbery's muggings and such , because its affordable .

- since its legal , schools can give better education about drugs

cons :

- who is allowed to farm weed ? because its such a high profit buissines ,everyone will want to farm it !

- where to the give the entrepeneurs permission to open a weedshop ... cant be to close to schools or playgrounds and anywhere else where small children often are .

-how to control what and how much is being sold and how strong it is , there should be some kind of system like with sigarettes , again to cotrol taxes

overall I think it worked like a charm where I'm from , more happy faces , less prisoners , less tax money thrown away ...

At this point, there is so many murders and so much crime just here in the Baltimore area alone because of it. Taxes are abusive here and they are only going to get higher. A prior mayor of Baltimore tried to bring it to the table a number of years ago, but the closed minded people that thought the world was going to come to an end because everyone was going to be a burn out gave him too much friction.

Well , I'm from the Netherlands so I guess I have to respond to this , its legal where here so I can put some light on this subject I think .

as with everething there are pro's and cons , I'll put some on a list .

- the percentage of users actually has lowered since its been legal .

- tax income for the state

- the link between te softer drugs like weed and hasj and the harder drugs has become smaller ,

meaning , often when you start smoking weed you'll eventually use coke or an other highly addicive drug

simply because your (not legal)dealer sells that too , when its legal you'll go to a shop that ONLY has hasj and weed

- price per gramm halved , nice for everyone who smokes but also for those who dont ,

because there are less robbery's muggings and such , because its affordable .

- since its legal , schools can give better education about drugs

cons :

- who is allowed to farm weed ? because its such a high profit buissines ,everyone will want to farm it !

- where to the give the entrepeneurs permission to open a weedshop ... cant be to close to schools or playgrounds and anywhere else where small children often are .

-how to control what and how much is being sold and how strong it is , there should be some kind of system like with sigarettes , again to cotrol taxes

overall I think it worked like a charm where I'm from , more happy faces , less prisoners , less tax money thrown away ...

good points, the pros are pretty much less people in jail and more money for the government. cons people will complain saying how everyone is a pot head and is gonna be stoned all the time. honestly though i look at it this way how many people die each year from cigerretes or alcohol? a lot more than weed i know that yet.

Well im back smoking i had not smoked in 7 months, i can say what i dont like is that if every one is smoking how would car insurance be effected? I know when im smoking i make sure i have the stuff i need befor hand. I know its way safer to smoke weed then drive then to drink a few beers. I could see the gov say this is what u can sell and this is the grade and put so many limits. then you will have a guy/woman that will sell more or sell a higher grade and cuz some issues between the shops that are selling weed.

Edited by 1mtx1

Just after the president was inaugurated the held an online town hall meeting where people would submit questions online and he would answer them live on TV. He joke because he really didn't want to address the issue but so many people asked about it that he did. It was about legalizing it. In short he said never. As for calling the number I wouldn't it's probably some sham to get numbers for telemarketers. Ha, ha suckers who called. :) Recently it was said that California was thinking about it as a means to balance their budget. As usual the Fed govt trumps the state so :P Enjoy the weekend.

This will never happen in our lifetimes....

What drug has ever been banned and then brought back?

Alcohol is the only one.

The gov. makes way too much money off it being illegal, plain and simple.

It's a bummer I know but such is life.

Don't believe the hype,

for every person you know that smokes,

there are about 10 that do not.

Calling numbers to put your name on a petition just subjects yourself to unwanted soliciting.

The text you got is a hoax......(just like most that are "poling questions")

It's like a chain letter.

Every time a new pres. gets elected this issue always comes up...

It's not going to happen,

so don't get your hopes up...

Just look at what they're doing to tobacco......

Bud has far more cancer causing agents in it.

The Surgeon General has cursed tobacco for years,

weed has been cursed in the same way.

Especially with Obama retooling the Healthcare System....

I'd love to see it be legal for all but the

fact is, it just won't happen.

No matter what number you call or who becomes president.

Edited by Jay-C76

Holy crap this is my kinda thread!

I'mma start by saying that Im a cali medical patient and I would love this to happen. I believe now more than ever that it can. Just the taxation alone would provide so much economic relief its a joke! Take away thousands of horrible pills that waste your liver and give these people suffering from pain and illness something all NATURAL! And yes smoke in any form isnt good for your lungs but who said u have to smoke it? There are edibles, tinctures, oils, and whatever else the clever mind can come up with. Me on the other hand...love to puff.

And if this will hurry up and happen (we wish), I dont have to spend so much time guarding my crop from unscroupulous scumbags who would like to rip it off during the night.

One more note on my rant...

Do you know why mary jane is illegal in the first place?

Well when prohibition ended during the depression (which wasnt a timely coincidence) all of the appointed task force agents for alcohol didnt have a job anymore. The government cant have that now can they? Well you know what happened then...you guessed it mary jane was pronouned ILLEGAL!!! And POOF...jobs again. So its not like it was legislated over time by critical thinking but over night by overzealous aholes.

"weed is grown from the earth...God put this here for you and me man...take advantage man...better take advantage."

This will never happen in our lifetimes....

What drug has ever been banned and then brought back?

Alcohol is the only one.

The gov. makes way too much money off it being illegal, plain and simple.

It's a bummer I know but such is life.

Don't believe the hype,

for every person you know that smokes,

there are about 10 that do not.

Calling numbers to put your name on a petition just subjects yourself to unwanted soliciting.

The text you got is a hoax......(just like most that are "poling questions")

It's like a chain letter.

Every time a new pres. gets elected this issue always comes up...

It's not going to happen,

so don't get your hopes up...

Just look at what they're doing to tobacco......

Bud has far more cancer causing agents in it.

The Surgeon General has cursed tobacco for years,

weed has been cursed in the same way.

Especially with Obama retooling the Healthcare System....

I'd love to see it be legal for all but the

fact is, it just won't happen.

No matter what number you call or who becomes president.

Sorry but I didnt see this before I posted. I was in too much of a hurry to get my 2 cents in. lol. The only prob i have with what you wrote is that bud has far more cancer causing agents than tobacco. R u sure about that because Ive been into weed and its politics longer than most here have been into car audio. There is NOT one single case that says weed causes cancer. None.

And to the other guy who said that feds trumps state...true. But how come the feds havent come knockin at my door when every year my crop is in the same place. Even the local police like to stop by and see how the yearly crop is doing cause they havent ever seen shit like that before. And even the pot shops that litter my state r still going strong and paying federal taxes! I guess my state will lead the race to victory.lol. And dont forget its the people who make change happen. Its the govt who enables it.

Sorry for my rants but Im passionate about more things then car audio.

I am on a year probation because of 2 baggies that were left in my car(not even mine). Whether it is legal or not there will always be people figting against it, just as they do tobacco and alcohol. IMO if it was legal it would govt controlled and we would be getting some shitty pot that probably wouldn't even get you high.

I am on a year probation because of 2 baggies that were left in my car(not even mine). Whether it is legal or not there will always be people figting against it, just as they do tobacco and alcohol. IMO if it was legal it would govt controlled and we would be getting some shitty pot that probably wouldn't even get you high.

If they legalized it to help the economy, then im sure theyd grow good stuff.

I'mma start by saying that Im a cali medical patient and I would love this to happen. I believe now more than ever that it can. Just the taxation alone would provide so much economic relief its a joke! Take away thousands of horrible pills that waste your liver and give these people suffering from pain and illness something all NATURAL! And yes smoke in any form isnt good for your lungs but who said u have to smoke it? There are edibles, tinctures, oils, and whatever else the clever mind can come up with. Me on the other hand...love to puff.

And if this will hurry up and happen (we wish), I dont have to spend so much time guarding my crop from unscroupulous scumbags who would like to rip it off during the night.

Well when prohibition ended during the depression (which wasnt a timely coincidence) all of the appointed task force agents for alcohol didnt have a job anymore. The government cant have that now can they? Well you know what happened then...you guessed it mary jane was pronouned ILLEGAL!!! And POOF...jobs again. So its not like it was legislated over time by critical thinking but over night by overzealous aholes.

"weed is grown from the earth...God put this here for you and me man...take advantage man...better take advantage."

Don't forget the logging and timber industries using thier money to keep it illegal because Hemp makes stonger and cheaper products than trees....

Don't forget the logging and timber industries using thier money to keep it illegal because Hemp makes stonger and cheaper products than trees....

Yery, very good point. There are so many interests to keep it illegal its crazy. Its not like we cook this shit up in a lab or something with so much byproduct it can toxify your water supply! This is good ole homegrown for shits sake! All we need is a special interest group with a shitload of funding and...wait, thats sounds just like the govt. :D

Cancer comment was wrong...other than anything you smoke will cause cancer, but that is not the only way to take thc.

Surprised at your comment as well Aaron, my guess is that the crime you speak of is for other drugs and/or socially-economic related.

Cancer comment was wrong...other than anything you smoke will cause cancer, but that is not the only way to take thc.

Surprised at your comment as well Aaron, my guess is that the crime you speak of is for other drugs and/or socially-economic related.

Are u speaking of my reply or the post by JayC76? If its me...try again. Not a single documented case of cancer from MJ.

Are u speaking of my reply or the post by JayC76? If its me...try again. Not a single documented case of cancer from MJ.

Everything besides air that you breathe into your lungs causes damage, when damage is caused cell's replicate to make new cells. Did you know that cancer is just mutated cells? With all of the genes that cells copy mutations happen. Smoking ANYTHING causes cancer. Inhaling dust, and pollution over long term causes cancer.

You sir have been proven wrong.

Everything besides air that you breathe into your lungs causes damage, when damage is caused cell's replicate to make new cells. Did you know that cancer is just mutated cells? With all of the genes that cells copy mutations happen. Smoking ANYTHING causes cancer. Inhaling dust, and pollution over long term causes cancer.

Again, show me documentation for even one case of just one person that has been diagnosed with cancer FROM MJ. We can all say what we believe but without evidence this pretty much goes nowhere.

i think we should legalize as well for the obvious reasons - to get out of debt.

one thing i also question is when people say 'hey , i can grow better stuff than that!'. why would you want to grow something better at the risk of going to jail just because the white russian , widow , blueberry etc.. isnt as good as you would like. also , why wait 60-90 days to have more than you can smoke in a year when you can go to whatever shop that is selling it , avoid the hassle of bugs , light bills , the smell etc , and end up with the same product.

i think we would save billions a year and clear up space in the prisons/jail for more serious crimes. i also hate the fact that they are so over crowded , that people with possession charges are in the same cell as someone who beat their wife , sold crack to the kid up the street , B and E , etc.

how can people be so blind to the fact that so many things can come from hemp also? shit , at one point it was illegal NOT to grow hemp because the navy needed it for rope. you can make paint , clothes , fuel and tons of other things. not to mention the seed is one of the most nutritionally balances foods on earth. hemp is so simple to grow , you dont even need to do anything to it besides plant the seed. one plant can produce enough seeds to cover something like 10 acres. with that 10 acres , you have 100. then 1000 and so on every 60-90 days.

eh , oh well. too many people talk shit saying that we need to do this and we need to do that , but they dont do anything themselves. THATS why its not legalized. too many shit talkers. untill people actually stand up and make calls , go to rallys , contact whoever they need to contact , it wont happen.

/rant

Again, show me documentation for even one case of just one person that has been diagnosed with cancer FROM MJ. We can all say what we believe but without evidence this pretty much goes nowhere.

You can't study it for one simple reason...it's illegal. No doctor in their right mind would try to do the study anyways, there is nothing to gain.

i hate drugs. :ehh:

That is not it causing cancer but you smoking. What about an inhaler, a vaporizer, a nebulizer, what about brownies? It isn't the hemp or THC that causes cancer but the act of smoking. Don't mix them up, you proved nothing.

You can't study it for one simple reason...it's illegal. No doctor in their right mind would try to do the study anyways, there is nothing to gain.

..there has been many studies on marijuana over the past few decades. its not like people are just thinking this stuff up in their head and everyone goes along with it...

same thing with other drugs like cocaine , MDMA and LSD. though those didnt go to well , lol.

illegal for some yes but not all. Don't give me that crap about fed law cause they don't do anything to the common person with a medical script. It's major grow operations that they come down on. Nothing to gain from it? That's your opinion.

illegal for some yes but not all. Don't give me that crap about fed law cause they don't do anything to the common person with a medical script. It's major grow operations that they come down on. Nothing to gain from it? That's your opinion.

While I usually like Duran's posts, this is a topic where I think he is putting a little too much personal experience, or family/friends experience in here. Marijuana is one of the BIGGEST reasons we keep getting illegals in here. On this base alone in the past 4 months we have had over 200 busts with people in excess of 100 lbs on their backs as they came over the mountains from mexico.

I am 110% for legalization of it, and allowing the common man access to it. It is relatively harmless, does not directly cause any disease and is impossible to od on.

Other drugs I am 110% in favor of keeping illegal. The ONLY one I could possibly see is mushrooms, but that is another topic.

That is not it causing cancer but you smoking. What about an inhaler, a vaporizer, a nebulizer, what about brownies? It isn't the hemp or THC that causes cancer but the act of smoking. Don't mix them up, you proved nothing.

Sean I just said that?