Sign in to follow this  
mikey5472

Mids and highs

Ok Mdizzle5472 first if you want to go active is to get either an active headunit or a good equalizer. Cause the headunit you have only has a 3 band parametric eq.

heres is a couple of active headunits....

Alpine 9887

pioneer prs800

pioneer prs880

If money is no option and you have the patience and the know how active is great.

Well Damn I haven't even had this radio for a year yet. I'm not really trying to go buy a new one right now, is there anyway past it?

What would be some good equalizers to look for?

Sundown SAX series amps and old Kicker 04 SX series amps (onlinecarstereo.com) are amps that can be used to adjust the frequencies needed to make your system active, without buying a new headunit or equalizer (those amps have all the settings you need).

Look into the SAX-50.4 from Sundown to run active! Great amp with a great crossover built in.

Thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it!!!!

50.4 is looking good right now, or a 100.4 if it fits budget.

using an amp to process an active setup, as i've been told, isnt ideal but hey if it can do the job then why not haha... plus sundown amps are sexy as hell

Ok so I think I have decided on Infinity kappa 60.9cs components and sundown sax100.2. That seems like a good place to start.

good choice on the amp for those 2ohm components. (if you change to a 4 ohm component set id recommend a 50.4)

how did you arrive at picking that set specifically? i would suggest you look into other components, maybe some searches and reviews that might steer you to a better set for the money (just to be safe).

how much did you find those speaker for?

They were like 149. I was just looking around and read some decent reviews. I was also looking at the kicker qs or rs series. I don't know any non "name" brands, speaker wise anyway. That is why I made the topic, I figured maybe someone might post a few good brands. As you can see noone did. So I searched around a bit.

No one did because you didn't do step 1 yourself. Speakers are subjective. If you truly want help that will lead you the right direction go listen to some things and describe what you like. If not, ask advice on forums and get some forum boner solution that the person recommending hasn't even heard. Generically speaking people don't do that here although there is a new faction so beware of those with not so long a tenure or so many posts.