lithium

amp for 2 way active front stage

ok guys im starting a thread here to discus some real cheap amp, new and used, that would be acceptable for a budget setup like mine. also, the new option must have some significant advantages for justifying the purchase.

i have to run off shortly so i cant type up to much right now.

what i have now is a kicker zx100.2 and kx250.2 powering sls8's and peerless 3" full range.

my dad is interested in the 100.2 for 30 bucks (baught for 50) and my bro is interested in the 250.2 for 70 (paid 90) and im willing to throw in 100 bucks tops for a $200 budget.

some things that id like to get out of this are, 1 a good quality amp that i can expect to last thru college (3 years), expandability (possibly a 3 way front stage), more power for added head room (on the midbass of course)

but so far the amp that caught my attention is JL AUDIO E6450 six channel. 200 bucks shipped to my house. (i would be bridging 4 channels for midbass)

opinions?

im thinking my budget is too low to justify and upgrade but i like the simplicity of the jl 6 channel and other powerful 4 channels vs multiple amps.

There aren't a whole lot of 6 channel amps out there. I think DLS used to make some back in the 90s? but that's about all that I know of.

But why don't you just want to stick with the Kickers? Maybe keep one and just add a 4 channel amp to get your 6 channels.

There aren't a whole lot of 6 channel amps out there. I think DLS used to make some back in the 90s? but that's about all that I know of.

But why don't you just want to stick with the Kickers? Maybe keep one and just add a 4 channel amp to get your 6 channels.

i agree ... kickers are good amps - esp their kx series ... no need to get something new

you should just save up for the new zed 6 channel lol ... digital and if it is simplicity you are after this is for you ... there is not many options when it comes to 6 channel ur better off with a 4 and 2

9thanks for posting guys, im think my budget wont allow for a reasonable upgrade. i think i'll go ahead and sell the zx100.2 to my dad (i owe him one anyways) and pick up a kx100.2 so i have almost a matching set up amps if not for the kenwood powering the sub. the 250.2 is just enough for the sls for now i think...

anymore ideas would be helpful

you should just save up for the new zed 6 channel lol ... digital and if it is simplicity you are after this is for you ... there is not many options when it comes to 6 channel ur better off with a 4 and 2

haha if i could find ppl to buy all 3 of my amps and my sub w/ box i think i would jump on it... but then i really wouldnt need a 6 channel since i wouldnt have a sub to power lol

I know your lookin for the expandablity option but you can get the close out SAX 50.4 for 200 shipped. This give you the ability to use the amps xover for active

here the link

Sundownz

I know your lookin for the expandablity option but you can get the close out SAX 50.4 for 200 shipped. This give you the ability to use the amps xover for active

here the link

Sundownz

x2, that will be your best bet.

its a nice amp but i already have active with the hu im using. i think a 100.4 would be an awesome amp down the road tho.

Why not sell the sub amp also and get a big four channel for the subs/midbasses or subs/tweets and keep the 250.2

That or just run what you have and don't spend any monies. :)

its a nice amp but i already have active with the hu im using. i think a 100.4 would be an awesome amp down the road tho.

The 100.4 is a great amp!! I love mine.

Which radio do you have?

Why not sell the sub amp also and get a big four channel for the subs/midbasses or subs/tweets and keep the 250.2

That or just run what you have and don't spend any monies. :)

i think im beginning to smell a change in the sub stage depending wether or not get a mj 18 motor off a guy in the FS section... :cough: ib :cough:

for now i think ill keep the 250.2 but i will be selling the 100.2 to my dad, i owe him for helping with building boxes and using his tools and all that stuff. so ill get a kx100.2 to match the kx250.2

The 100.4 is a great amp!! I love mine.

Which radio do you have?

its a clarion dxz785usb, great CHEAP active hu.

Edited by lithium

You should really look at a bridgeable 4 chn as it will be way more flexible in the future.

You should really look at a bridgeable 4 chn as it will be way more flexible in the future.

true, very true. im liking your idea here. ill see what i can find..

Edited by lithium