Estsound

Sander's BMW audio

Okay, this is my new topic, because old one was messed up.

Here are some info about stuff i have

Head Unit: JVC MP3, KD-G401, 4x50W

Wires: Ground Zero 4 Gauge Wire kit

Front: Signat L13 midwoofers

Tweeters: None (coming)

Back: Pioneer TS-A6911 6x9"

Subwoofer: JBL GTO 1514, 15"

Amplifier: Kenwood KAC-9104D, Class D monoblock

I also need other amplifier to my back speakers and other HU because when woofer is hitting it can't read CDs.

Here is my current setup.

img0002msn.jpg

Here is a picture of hole between trunk and front, i need tips how to make good box for this, to get all bass in the front.

img0001tjp.jpg

I hope you understand my english, i will also keep uploading pictures of my build. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ectcXfXJMsQ

Thank you, its making some pretty good noise some people cover their ears, but i think i need more :D

Nice vid!

To bad someone had to butcher your rear deck 6x9 openings.

Nice vid!

To bad someone had to butcher your rear deck 6x9 openings.

Yeah that was done by previous owner :(

Lol looks like you are one of the most active users :P Always commenting and saying your opinion! :D

Edited by Sander

First box build:

59711169575674615108465.jpg

59711169575714616108465.jpg

59711169575754617108465.jpg

59711169575794618108465.jpg

59711169575834619108465.jpg

Before my amplifier was controlled by HU, but i decided that maybe sometimes i dont need that much bass, so i installed switch.

If i should forget to turn off my amp it will turn off when i turn ignition off.

img0144g.jpg

img0146klq.jpg

img0152axj.jpg

I also installed new woofer wire, on the left you see old wire and on the right new wire.

img0147xtf.jpg

Here are two pictures of back speaker installation by PREVIOUS owner. All i can say is FAIL!

img0148u.jpg

img0150klo.jpg

Got done with old box modification, trying to get camera later to take some pics.

I can feel that more air is moving in front, and bass is a little bit stronger, but still not what i want.

Going for new box.

those holes in rear deck looks like someone was trying to solve the old "how to get more bass into the cabin" problem. pull those rear speakers out, you dont need them anyways. otherwise leave them in and try sub back port back. another idea is moving the box around in the trunk, start with it up against the back seats and move it towards the trunk lid till you find the sweet spot.

those holes in rear deck looks like someone was trying to solve the old "how to get more bass into the cabin" problem. pull those rear speakers out, you dont need them anyways. otherwise leave them in and try sub back port back. another idea is moving the box around in the trunk, start with it up against the back seats and move it towards the trunk lid till you find the sweet spot.

If i take those speakers out, there will be nasty holes, but maybe ill get more bass in the cabin, ill try that.

I built new enclosure today, it's kinda a same but much bigger and has 2 ports.

Here are few pictures, more coming later.

OgAAAAZ_jwtrLyB16YootFGPZoWfQdID9mhlwSaZZGNP72718ZuHBcUSFrLT--ZCosJMKK4OPSwcoiLhQWgn26DAv0QAm1T1UF1Fsi0z_akeYVXln5CJOULymcKF.jpg

OgAAALFdKig5M2LHXW_OzqsdA_bgLR2VKloA6ZH2hpCRKIDxAiIu5cOHtXBbcsxnLTOSn_CNrob-vbkG0zFwbBhzdYgAm1T1UCmwGnHzeoL-Kb0QfUvVItP4ve7k.jpg

OgAAAMAtWE4Zdz9D-i1jyK1GpO2jGzbYn-yGBLGIQfgg9S83iGVV4-UgVCPukC8tQXWD7XXc6a5sWOFJMJ5mENo0JaEAm1T1UAzZyLE-U77WqXHhtPVl-mx0nDkH.jpg

All i can say is that it's slammin way harder now :fing34:

Edited by Sander

More pictures!

I need to screw amplifier in place, and hide wires, also need carpet for a box.

OgAAAKqnBSKZi7oy56Lqs64PEslKMXakELAVV8zeEIKIZlc26fz8mPnQUZQdO3xNGc0DY6tnH2CKm72_zK0NO8c_1SoAm1T1UA9EEbKt9hPWaCMXCqTb5ApkamPf.jpg

OgAAAJtQ9RpQC9oAWqwLWWYxy28wAI8ndl0OctZfioCQF2CRZHY2XA4JXh8GGNoCAiCeU8uH7BQsiiV3jcf_O23Onx8Am1T1UHC7K4OO4OGwDaoe-RRviWZBA-NG.jpg

If i take those speakers out, there will be nasty holes, but maybe ill get more bass in the cabin, ill try that.

you could make it look like the speakers are still there by covering the holes with grills of some kind.

If you aren't firing through the ski pass, I'd nearly guarantee in that car that you will get more bass if the sub is rear firing. Probably rear firing port as well (unless of course you fire the port through the rear deck).

Those pics make it look like you are using particle board. If so, use mdf on your next one. I am also curious on your porting frequency and how you came up with using those two ports.

The first box was made like instructions said, but i wanted bigger box, and i decided to do 2 ports, this box is way better.

I spent almost 45 mins for measuring how to fit 15 inch sub in different way, but its just not going to fit in there, so that was the only way i could make box in there :ehh:

Damn im just out of ideas, WHAT NEXT, actually im a little bit scared to start building something big, i dont wanna mess up, car or something, im planning to get highs but i need to find place for them, should i run my front highs and mids trough amp ?

Damn im just out of ideas, WHAT NEXT, actually im a little bit scared to start building something big, i dont wanna mess up, car or something, im planning to get highs but i need to find place for them, should i run my front highs and mids trough amp ?

take the rear speakers out for a min and see if u get more output.. if it is significant we can help u with ideas to cover up those holes in the rear deck.

you could deaden the trunk, i bet it needs it!!.

umm then theres the front stage if your ready for that?

i also drive a Beemer its a E36 '96 and what i did to improve the bass in the cabin is just where ur 6x9's are i putted bass ports

this realy helped me out

maybe you can do something like it

and for ur highs and mids i suggest you get some kickpanels for your doors mine are coming soon so i'll have 2x 165mm in each door that will help alot to

this is a vid of my beemer without the ports http://www.youtube.com/user/roxsjeezur#play/all/uploads-all/0/D64Wf_ux6AE (4x 12" CVX and 1 pair of 6x9's Hertz 130RMS is all u hear in this vid)

stil need to take a vid with the ports now

hope i may have helped you

i also drive a Beemer its a E36 '96 and what i did to improve the bass in the cabin is just where ur 6x9's are i putted bass ports

this realy helped me out

maybe you can do something like it

and for ur highs and mids i suggest you get some kickpanels for your doors mine are coming soon so i'll have 2x 165mm in each door that will help alot to

this is a vid of my beemer without the ports http://www.youtube.c...l/0/D64Wf_ux6AE (4x 12" CVX and 1 pair of 6x9's Hertz 130RMS is all u hear in this vid)

stil need to take a vid with the ports now

hope i may have helped you

Nice BMW i wanted to get E36 but i like E34 cuz its big and evil :D But i might replace 6x9" speakers with ports :) have to test that.

i dont know nothing about an E34 but arent the original speakers on the side of the rear deck?

i got some adapters for my 6x9's to fit where the originals used to be

if u can do that then u already have place for ports and u still keep the 6x9's

uh, we are struggling with the same thing, the cougar has a huge steel lid that acts an a** when the bass hits. Deaden the whole trunk and port that deck!

The new box hits way better, i will port the rear deck next week.