Estsound

Sander's BMW audio

well, finally i had time to remove 6x9" speakers from rear deck, as you can see the rear deck was kind a f.. up. So i had to add a lot of wood there to make it stronger and get rid of annoying noise.

i also made my current box stronger and it sounds amazing now. :fing34: very clean bass.

well thats all for today, i also made new settings with loud button off. Hopefully in future i have money to buy 2x12" woofers.

Damn my English fails but hopefully you all understand. No pics today.

well, here's the thing im 90% sure that i need second battery. How do i hook that up, just connect it parallel with other one ?

Sounds like things are shaping up good. now get some new pictures....:drink40:

i'm getting there :D still thinking of getting 2x12 woofers, but not 100% sure yet, there is nothing good available in my area at the moment.

maybe if ill have some money left over ill install big 3. Trying to get pictures as soon as possible.

Video with new HU settings, skip to 1:00 if you dont want to see exhaust sound clip. Also you can hear how good box sounds now :P

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FOuygaBII-o

Enjoy!

Edited by Sander

Alright im going to sell my current sub JBL and getting 2x DIAMOND AUDIO CM 31204

both are 12" 300W RMS, hopefully at the end of next month. Going to run them @ 1ohm around 600W RMS.

Edited by Sander

designed my box today :)

OgAAAHrs3NCJpL-Ig64uusuT3vp-rpEIyUxf51CI-MOsyiUWUpCN5ma7SB6Ai3WuVasg6-BRYyNBhl_TtyZohghTtv0Am1T1UL2IGYm2eeuFc4m765cbxtz1YcYr.jpg

Nice looking box man, when is this box going to get built?

Nice looking box man, when is this box going to get built?

Hopefully next week, i have few days off school :D

I will seal this box from the trunk, so everything will come into cabin.

Next Week:

New Enclosure for 2x12

"Big 3"

kast6.png

Well i decided to make start with big 3 today, i didnt have any wire connectors so i had to make my own ones.

Here are some pictures of today :)

Amp switch and HU in the dark.

img0229t.jpg

Charged my batt.

img0227th.jpg

Wire connector i made.

img0226l.jpg

First step of my big 3, added second wire between chassis and engine.

img0228k.jpg

Step 2 of big 3, installed wire between battery and chassis. I didn't do third wire between alt and battery because i ran out of wire. By the way my battery is under back seat :)

Hopefully ill get new wire soon, i also made all wire connectors by myself again.

img0258dt.jpg

img0260s.jpg

img0261u.jpg

img0262qe.jpg

Voltage drop, i had 5 amp charger hooked up. Battery was half way charged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVFotm3H0HU

Watch in HQ

if im getting 4g wire between alt and battery, how big fuse i should use ?

if im getting 4g wire between alt and battery, how big fuse i should use ?

i believe you fuse for how much the wire can handle. not sure though. check out the big three how-to in the amp/electrical section.

so how did you make the wire connectors?

alright now sander, you do that work bro!!!! let's get that last wire ran, and build that sexy new box!

the video of the voltage drop, does it drop like that when the car is running though? (probably not 14.xx to 11.xx though hopefully)

so how did you make the wire connectors?

I had some copper tube left over when we built our house, and it was just perfect size, made few cuts and drilled a hole. I'll try to take some pictures next time, i have to make few more.

the video of the voltage drop, does it drop like that when the car is running though? (probably not 14.xx to 11.xx though hopefully)

When car is running at idle its charging around 14,34-14,40, i haven't measured voltage drop when car is running, but it doesn't get that low.

alright now sander, you do that work bro!!!! let's get that last wire ran, and build that sexy new box!

Getting box started on Friday, hopefully, its raining here :S like 2 or 3 days in a row and wind is crazy, can't do nothing outside.

Thank you for the good words :P

Ill use 80A fuse that comes with 4g wire.

Friend offered me a better deal, might get 2x12" SPL dynamics V300D2 instead of diamond audio, Diamond audio is more for SQ, and he offered dynamics cheaper. So trying to sell my JBL as soon as possible.

If its not raining on Friday ill get my box started.