Sign in to follow this  

Are stepsom amps really the best amps? if not, are they really good and do they really put out the power they say for example, does the V 14K2D really put out 14000wrms @ 12 volts or not? Last thing, how much are these amps from the V 9K2D too the V 142KD?

Heres a link just incase: http://www.stetsom.com.br/eng/Produtos.aspx (Go to amps and click on "DIGITAL")

Best for what?

Are stepsom amps really the best amps? if not, are they really good and do they really put out the power they say for example, does the V 14K2D really put out 14000wrms @ 12 volts or not? Last thing, how much are these amps from the V 9K2D too the V 142KD?

Heres a link just incase: http://www.stetsom.c...g/Produtos.aspx (Go to amps and click on "DIGITAL")

My bro has the 12 volts 9300 watt amp and he loves it. I will see if I can get some information he you.

Bitch slap whoever told you Stetsom amps were the best.

As far as I know they are hand built in Brazil and they don't get "designed" from someone elses menu. What a person likes or what not is up to them as depending on the amp some are better for burp contests while others are better for daily.

If you like actual music, they suck beyond belief. if you want to be a child with a car that goes BBBBZZZZZZZZ and a one note wonder with zero quality, go for it. Any amp pushing that much power that is quality will cost THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS, PERIOD!

So...Stetsom amps arent made you play music?? I was thinking of getting the 5K2D (1 Ohm) to run 2 AA Mayhems...

If you like actual music, they suck beyond belief. if you want to be a child with a car that goes BBBBZZZZZZZZ and a one note wonder with zero quality, go for it. Any amp pushing that much power that is quality will cost THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS, PERIOD!

This comment is based on what?

Never used Stetsom, and I will say there isn't "sound quality" at 150db, but this seems a pretty bold statement.

there is someone with 2 stetsom 14kd and 4 warden, you can see the video and judge for yourself in one of the forums.

I messaged BeeJay25 on youtube, the guy playing the 4 Warden's off of the 2 Stetsom 14K amps. He said the Stetsom plays great with music and that he hasn't had any problems playing music.

I messaged BeeJay25 on youtube, the guy playing the 4 Warden's off of the 2 Stetsom 14K amps. He said the Stetsom plays great with music and that he hasn't had any problems playing music.

He is a member here I believe.

correct me if i'm wrong here but would the 14,000w stetsom amp not be able to produce no where near that power for daily use?

For a single power\ground run, i can't see it doin it for daily without the wire melting... I'm surprised they chose that route for just burping as well.

I don't know how many amps a 1/0 cable can take for just a few ft distance but most manufacturers decide to go with dual power\ground where operating amps close to or over 5kw.

correct me if i'm wrong here but would the 14,000w stetsom amp not be able to produce no where near that power for daily use?

For a single power\ground run, i can't see it doin it for daily without the wire melting... I'm surprised they chose that route for just burping as well.

I don't know how many amps a 1/0 cable can take for just a few ft distance but most manufacturers decide to go with dual power\ground where operating amps close to or over 5kw.

Odds are if you're listening to music over time the amp would be in the 1-2KW range anyway. IF you like to drive around playing sine waves at 14KW you've got some problems and really good luck with the charging system that'll supply 1,000 amperes at 18V for more than a second or two.

I also suspect you wouldn't be able to hear the difference between 14KW and 10 KW without testing equipment.

There's a pretty good chart of what wire is reccomended to carry for current at www.weldingsupply.com. Again, you're listening to music (supposedly?) which is dynamic in nature on a system that very rarely would need or even be able to draw max current.

I wouldn't be using the 14K Stetsom amp, I just wanted input on Stetsom amps in general...

I'm debating on getting the 5K Stetsom amp to run 2 AA Mayhem's, I'd be using it for daily & only a couple of comps here and there...

music should not be assumed is as dynamic as you claim it to be.

It purely depends on how it's recorded. I have tons of music that are recorded at near full amplitude and others that are far off.

I also have tons of custom made music i use for testing and bassrace purposes so music may be dynamic, but not as dynamic as what some may it is for everybody... it depends what you are listening too.

Also, i looked at that chart just now, according to how the chart increases amperage with shorter distances, there's no way a single 1/0 cable could carry 1000A.. you'd be lucky to get 500A out of it.

That means either massive voltage drop or fire... and this is going by that chart.

Also, that stetsom amp doesn't run on 18v either so everybody would have a problem playing it like that.

so would a stetsom amp be a decent/good choice? I got a price on the 5K and it was 1400 delivered to my door...

u can get the sundown 4500 cheaper than that right now

x2, I would go with the Sundown SAZ-4500D.

Sundown SAZ-4500D FTW!

Sundown SAZ-4500D FTW!

i woulds go the same route, 4500d will probably sound better too for daily use.

bt at the same time, the sundown is 4500wrms while the stetsom is rated at 5000wrms+

and the sundown is 1100US + shipping + duties/custom fees...so inthe end, thesundown will end up being more expensive

Edited by bass_4_ever

bt at the same time, the sundown is 4500wrms while the stetsom is rated at 5000wrms+

and the sundown is 1100US + shipping + duties/custom fees...so inthe end, thesundown will end up being more expensive

The Sundown 4500D is underrated also, so 4500wrms+, I would feel safer with the 4500D since it has two power and ground terminals maaking sure your feeding the amp the current it needs and Jacobs the man. Just my .02