Notorious97200

Birthsheets ?

Hello,

I read everywhere people talking about birthsheets they had with their amplifier.

I have had several brand new amps in my car audio life(!), but I've never received any birthsheets with them.

And it was the case with my recently bought saz1000D.

It's really not a problem, but I would like to understand!

do you always receive your amps with those birthsheets?

Our amps don't have them... most of the time they are not real measurements anyway, just random numbers.

So you telling me rockford fosgate, kicker and mtx make up numbers for there amps? I cant believe that they would do that and risk there cea-2006 ratings. So who do we believe about power output?

They don't just make these numbers up. Example In a production run of 1000 amps they may test 5 to 10 of these and come up with an average rms number. These numbers are reflected on the birthsheet of every amp in that production run. This is what a Kicker tech told me.

So who are we to believe, Kicker or someone else? lol

That's why some people may get the same birthsheet.

Birthsheet, smirthsheet. As long as the amp does the rated power Im buying it for, I dont care how much more it does than that. If the amp didnt do rated power, do you really think they will put that on the birthsheet?

"Ya...uh this amp only does 850 watts rms but its rated for 1000. Sorry about that but here you go." I dont think so.

So you telling me rockford fosgate, kicker and mtx make up numbers for there amps? I cant believe that they would do that and risk there cea-2006 ratings. So who do we believe about power output?

cea-2006 is also just marketing.

And whether an amp makes 800w or 1000w won't be something you can hear anyways.

cea-2006 is also just marketing.

And whether an amp makes 800w or 1000w won't be something you can hear anyways.

You're right but thats not what I meant. Its just the fact that all birthsheets show amps doing over the rated power. If they were for each individual amp I doubt they would ever state that it does under the rated power. Who would want something that states your amp is inferior to the baseline power rating. I think that would be kinda lame and I know if I saw that on mine Id be like, "what the hell?"

So who are we to believe, Kicker or someone else? lol

That's why some people may get the same birthsheet.

I'm with you ,who are we to believe Sundown, Audioque, DD Audio or anyone else that don't have a birthsheet just the same.

In car audio there isn't much trusting of anyone to be going on until there are many independent tests of a product. There are no real manufacturer standards... even CEA-2006 doesn't cut it. I have seen products fall short of their CEA rating when tested independently.