Hell-Razor

Hertz Audio

Just wondering what you guys think of the Hertz HSK 165.4 ( this is the 165.3 version though). I found a place here that I could get these for 350$. Are they worth it for a daily driver street beater / comp car? I know they are more for sq than spl (i am trying to pair them with a single 18" Fi BTL). I like to listen to more than just rap and bass cds so i think these should do well with the BTL (which is a monster). I have also noticed that the hertz website says these are only two way speakers but the magazine I have says the HSK 165.4's are 3 way...don't know, kind of confused.

If you guys wouldn't pair these speakers up with the BTL, what would you for front end?

some other forums of people talking about these:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/product-selection-comparisons/62684-2009-hertz-hsk-165-4-a.html

For your goals I think they are a waste of money. The positive review you linked was from a dealer. :(

For your goals I think they are a waste of money. The positive review you linked was from a dealer. :(

What would you recommend?

Just wondering what you guys think of the Hertz HSK 165.4 ( this is the 165.3 version though). I found a place here that I could get these for 350$. Are they worth it for a daily driver street beater / comp car? I know they are more for sq than spl (i am trying to pair them with a single 18" Fi BTL). I like to listen to more than just rap and bass cds so i think these should do well with the BTL (which is a monster). I have also noticed that the hertz website says these are only two way speakers but the magazine I have says the HSK 165.4's are 3 way...don't know, kind of confused.

If you guys wouldn't pair these speakers up with the BTL, what would you for front end?

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/product-selection-comparisons/62684-2009-hertz-hsk-165-4-a.html

the Hertz HSK are good for so called Loud and clear applications. more on street bass set up. if its SQ, that would be the MLK's...

if your going for a really loud system but balance on highs and vocals, try soundstream pros, Powerbass XL4's or if you have the budget the CIARE's...

IMHO - any speaker i think can be used for SPL, as long as the system would be properly tuned, and XOVERS are set properly.

the Hertz HSK are good for so called Loud and clear applications. more on street bass set up. if its SQ, that would be the MLK's...

if your going for a really loud system but balance on highs and vocals, try soundstream pros, Powerbass XL4's or if you have the budget the CIARE's...

IMHO - any speaker i think can be used for SPL, as long as the system would be properly tuned, and XOVERS are set properly.

I already have my mind set on the BTL. Its right in my price range, good for my electrical and the best that I know of for the price. Id like to find frontend speakers in this thread, not woofers. Edited by Hell-Razor

I already have my mind set on the BTL. Its right in my price range, good for my electrical and the best that I know of for the price. Id like to find frontend speakers in this thread, not woofers.

the brands and models i have mentioned are for tweeters and midrange/midbass not subs... search them out...

example:

soundstream pros...

pro_spks1.jpg

8" midbass, 6.5"midrange and horn loaded type tweeters.

the only thing about powerbass that I can find is they are cheap speakers that are very hard to get a hold of. As for soundstream I don't know where to even start looking for prices and explanation of speakers. Everytime I try to look up something on their website it take me to a page nothing about component speakers. And also, all thes companies have different types of components like Fi as BTL BL Q...etc. Which one should I go for? And why when considering powerbass or soundstream front ends?

SS's site is working fine for me. Sent you a pm to help you with the links, if they still don't work let me know. BTW I have heard quite a few BTL subs and they sound great IMO!

the only thing about powerbass that I can find is they are cheap speakers that are very hard to get a hold of. As for soundstream I don't know where to even start looking for prices and explanation of speakers. Everytime I try to look up something on their website it take me to a page nothing about component speakers. And also, all thes companies have different types of components like Fi as BTL BL Q...etc. Which one should I go for? And why when considering powerbass or soundstream front ends?

i have already given you the brand and model that should give you easy access as to what and where to search them in their site...

and why consider them? because the two models i have given you is simply for the purpose that you can go loud yet with clear vocals and highs even if your a block away...

street bass / DB Drag style...

For your application, I would say that the HSK's are perfect. They do make a three way as well as a two way. I've owned two pairs of the two ways and they keep up to my 18" just peachy. I've now pieced together a three way system with the mlk tweeter, the mlk woofer, and the hsk woofer. Sounds fantastic.