sundownz

Jacob's Wall Build Log

Got this truck through some horse trading... current setup was tested to do 154.3 dB @ 61 Hz with two Z15s and a clamped power of 5000 watts total. I want a more efficient setup so I am tearing it all down!

Some pics of the current setup with the cap off and starting to tear down :

CIMG2685.JPG

CIMG2686.JPG

CIMG2687.JPG

CIMG2688.JPG

Old wall has a great baffle - 7 layers thick - but the outside is too thin. It is one layer of MDF with super dense foam sandwiched between that and a thin layer of wood (I had that peeled off before the pics). It does have concrete above the front chamber, though, so that is not too bad.

All in all I think it could be better so I am going to rip it out!

Not 100% sure what I'm doing yet :) Once I get it out I am going to take a good look at it and consider my options. I have thought about some sort of band-pass but I may end up going back regular ported wall.

Good luck with project, keep posting pictures :)

Concrete is OFF... working on the foam. I think I can re-use the shell and just layer it up with actual wood :)

CIMG2691.JPG

CIMG2692.JPG

We are also working on a 4th order wall for 12 x 12s today... so we are busy!

Have the one side and about 2/3 of the top sanded down smooth with a grinder after foam removal... got most of the foam off of the other side so I can grind it down soon too:

CIMG2693.JPG

CIMG2694.JPG

CIMG2695.JPG

Top is 100% cleaned off... broke off a grinder disc on some of the concrete residue which shot off, hit my finger and leg (ouch), and then broke a fluorescent light *laughs* But... I got it done!

CIMG2696.JPG

wow looked like a lot of work.

whats with all the box on the left?

There are like 10 boxes to the left :coolugh: Which one? They are just various boxes we have built up over time.

Have the one side and about 2/3 of the top sanded down smooth with a grinder after foam removal... got most of the foam off of the other side so I can grind it down soon too:

CIMG2693.JPG

CIMG2694.JPG

CIMG2695.JPG

Tell paul to quit drinking and get to work or you not get any thing done. looking good though. i should post some pix of my new build somewhere.

The last side is cleaned off... starting on the inside of the box:

CIMG2697.JPG

CIMG2698.JPG

Part of the floor had a bit of a hump from moisture -- side closest to camera -- had to grind that down so I can slide the baffle in.

TOP of the box is OFF... back wall slid back to where I want it.

I have around 38 cubes to work with in this position.

CIMG2699.JPG

CIMG2700.JPG

I can use the back wall... it is 6 layers of MDF with 2x4" lumber bracing, very sturdy.

Framed the back wall into place on the front (also framed into place on the back as pictured before) -- starting to frame in to place the woofer baffle in :

CIMG2701.JPG

CIMG2702.JPG

Back chamber is 5 ft^3 before the displacement of the 2x4" lumber + any other bracing I decide to add. Figure I'll end up with around 1 cube per driver as I plan to reverse mount the subs (no sub displacement).

Cross brace finished for the baffle... just need to build the baffle itself now :

CIMG2703.JPG

CIMG2704.JPG

Looks pretty strong to me :)

Making real progress and quickly! Thanks for sharing this build with us!

Jeep is great -- drive it every day!

Good to hear. I saw one that look just like it the other day. Im starting to miss the thing.

I sure had sum fun in it before you got it.