xxch0dyxx

First impression of my FI q 12

Havent got my amp in yet, but my buddy with a kicker kx1200.1 came over, so i took the chance and talked him into putting the FI q in there to hear it for the first time.

My box, b4 speaker displacement, is 2.5cu/ft tuned to 32.2hz. I do have the BP power option also

I was thoroughly impressed with both the sound quality and the output of the Q. I kept reading everybody state that if you want "loud" to go with the BL, but i dont see this really being a factor with the Q. I understand teh BL is more directed for spl than SQ like the Q, but i was very impressed at the output of the Q, and did not expect it to be that loud. My buddy who owns the car said the Q was louder than his 3 infinity perfect 12's in a sealed enclosure, without changing any settings on the system

I would recommend this sub to anybody who has thought about buying it. Just makes me wonder how much louder the BL and BTL actually are in comparison, because how many people downplay the Q in regards to output.

will def purchase more FI products

Edited by xxch0dyxx

Havent got my amp in yet, but my buddy with a kicker kx1200.1 came over, so i took the chance and talked him into putting the FI q in there to hear it for the first time.

My box, b4 speaker displacement, is 2.5cu/ft tuned to 32.2hz. I do have the BP power option also

I was thoroughly impressed with both the sound quality and the output of the Q. I kept reading everybody state that if you want "loud" to go with the BL, but i dont see this really being a factor with the Q. I understand teh BL is more directed for spl than SQ like the Q, but i was very impressed at the output of the Q, and did not expect it to be that loud. My buddy who owns the car said the Q was louder than his 3 infinity perfect 12's in a sealed enclosure, without changing any settings on the system

I would recommend this sub to anybody who has thought about buying it. Just makes me wonder how much louder the BL and BTL actually are in comparison, because how many people downplay the Q in regards to output.

will def purchase more FI products

i agree with you. i own 2 12" Fi Q's with the Bp option and was very impressed with the output of these subs. they sound awesome and are way louder than any other subs i have ever owned. they also beat out all of my buddies systems by a large margin. good choice on the Q's....enjoy them!!!! clap.gif

i agree

i have one q 15 .with no features

and this thing rocks my truck

i too, wonder how much louder a btl is

and if my truck could take it.

my original plan was to get a second q15

but after hearing just the one sub i had no need for the second one.

this thing is loud for a sq sub in my opinion.

Yo i've been lookin to buy a q for my acura rsx, its a hatchback and its perty small. You guys think 1 10in q would be enough to sound great while getting loud in this car? I feel like a 12" would be a lot of woofer.

Reviews like this are what promote people to buy the Q that really should be buying the BL. For those that are reading if output is something you desire, I am sure you will be impressed with the SQ of the BL as well.

doesnt matter to me what people do.. you guys are on your own, ill go ahead and add my review of the Q ive had my hands on.. damn thing sounds great.. For everyone talking about it not being a SPL sub it sounds awesome, moves quite a bit of air for a single 12" in a trunk. I was very impressed.. we put it in a 2.5 cu ft box after displacement.. just a simple L port box.. people dont believe its a 12" when they hear it. that damn Q also makes me wonder how much louder a BTL is, and now that i have a 18" BTL sitting in the garage its driving me crazy :) soon enough :)

"sq" of my BL is amazing in my opinion. the only thing people say is I cant hear the words. lol, im not sure if thats why people say its not "sq"...

I cant hear the words. lol, im not sure if thats why people say its not "sq"...

Depends on the person. I just find it amusing that people think they need a Q to sound good. (obviously in their opinion). Even funnier to me when they get huffy about it but haven't ever compared. Flat out reality is that the great majority of people who visit forums could give a fuck less about SQ. Loud that doesn't sound like crap is really the goal. Sad to me for many reasons.

I cant hear the words. lol, im not sure if thats why people say its not "sq"...

Depends on the person. I just find it amusing that people think they need a Q to sound good. (obviously in their opinion). Even funnier to me when they get huffy about it but haven't ever compared. Flat out reality is that the great majority of people who visit forums could give a fuck less about SQ. Loud that doesn't sound like crap is really the goal. Sad to me for many reasons.

x1,000,000

i personally have never heard a q and was always wondering if it sounds real good but my btl beats the ever leving hell out of my jeep and i think it sounds real clean...but like i said i have never been sq.

ok i will add to my coments from last year.

i now have a btl 15 full loaded.

i still think that my q15 no options is loud.

but my btl has more pressure at the same perceived sound to ear.

the btl hurts my ear more at the same persieved sound to ear.

the btl will defenetly be better on the meter without a doubt.

the btl does sound great and all my friends think it is the best sub they have ever heard.

but i still prefer my q 15 to listen to and my btl to show off or soon to be compete.

when i got my 15q i couldnt figure out how it wouldnt be considered a compitition sub

and now that i have my btl i see they are not even in the same class.

and to put things in perspective my q15 no options has been bangin on a saz1500d for two years and still going.

my btl 15 fully loaded has been bangin since" black fi-day " on 2 x saz 1500d and still going .

i did not get the btl because the q wasnt loud enough, i got it because my kids wanted to try to compete this summer for fun.

and yes the btl is extreme and tearing my truck apart.

and even though i haven't owned a bl 15 yet i can see where it would be the best recommendation for most pepole if they had to choose just one.

also take into acount that i am probibaly an old fart in comparison to most reading this.

imo.. you can't really tell much difference sq-wise between the q and bl. Now spl, that's a different story. The BL is always a better option, imo of course.

It took me getting an 18" BTL to realize what people meant about the Q being a SQ sub also. day and night difference between the 2. The Q is very musical in my opinion. Sounds great, plays bass notes real smooth.. then you goto the BTL which is obnoxiously loud lol. so much pressure. im in love :woot: