Sign in to follow this  
CrownVic

187 series 15"

I hope this type of thread is not against the rules.

I love this sub its loud but not distorted at all imho it has good SQ also, Its in a ported box with 64" of port area and a volume of 4 cubic feet ran off of a kicker 300.1 amplifier. I ordered it from SSA it arrived in a week undamaged and safe. I just wanted to post this for anyone thinking of buying a good sub thats not gonna be super loud but loud enough to make your ears hurt lol.

Once again sorry if this is against any rules.

Here is a link to a crappy vid i made of it the day after it was installed not yet broken in.

Thanks for the vid!! You can tell its not broken in yet though......should be moving a bit more soon

why would stating your opinion about a product not be allowed. This is a discussion forum.

This isn't eD's forum where any thread bashing them is immediately deleted

Some places are funny like that.

I just wanted to say im very satisfied with this product and give a review that might help someone new to car audio.

Also do you think this sub would live behind a kicker zx400.1?

I just wanted to say im very satisfied with this product and give a review that might help someone new to car audio.

100 watts wont really be noticeable and defiantly not worth the price to upgrade. if you looking to increase output maybe invest in deadening.

wait for it to break in. you will surely gain output, especially in the low end!

100 watts wont really be noticeable and defiantly not worth the price to upgrade. if you looking to increase output maybe invest in deadening.

wait for it to break in. you will surely gain output, especially in the low end!

My 187 loves the KX400.1 I have on it. I wouldn't do it though just because of the cost, no point in buying a slightly bigger amp to get a little bit of output out of it.

That said, wait until break in, and then go from there.

Kef

I understand the cost aspect but theres one on my local craigslist for 50 bucks thats why i was asking.

for $50 , then yes. do it.

This.

Just set your gains right and you should have no problems with it :)

Kef

yeah just set the gains right. I have 2 12 inch 187 off a sundown saz-1000d and it runs just fine. They really love the power

You know, you never did answer what part of Ohio you are from, lol.

187 + 400 watts = amazing daily driver on a budget.

Kef

our two 12's are at the shop waiting to be picked up right now, ( IA 187's) we are thinking about useing a saz 1000d on em' !!!

Well the 400 watts is out of the question because i called the dude a couple days ago and it was sold.

But im going to keep my eyes open for a good 400 watt amp for cheap, also the sub is starting to break in now so output has noticably increased. Im going to make some better videos here soon. Thanks for all the help

nice woofer man...BUT..the enclosure it's way too small for a 15"..and the ports too....go and build a bigger box(110-130L without port and driver) with one bigger port and tune it 30-32 hz..and you'l get all that woofer can offer.

nice woofer man...BUT..the enclosure it's way too small for a 15"..and the ports too....go and build a bigger box(110-130L without port and driver) with one bigger port and tune it 30-32 hz..and you'l get all that woofer can offer.

How is it too small? 4 cubes is right around recommendations from IA.

Kef

That box just does not look 4 cubes internally after displacement or maybe the video is doing the box size any justice.

yeah just set the gains right. I have 2 12 inch 187 off a sundown saz-1000d and it runs just fine. They really love the power

You know, you never did answer what part of Ohio you are from, lol.

yeah i did i said im up by cleveland

our two 12's are at the shop waiting to be picked up right now, ( IA 187's) we are thinking about useing a saz 1000d on em' !!!

Thats the same setup i got going right now. They really love the power from that amp :]

box looks like it could be a 23-24" cube to me, so right theres 5.75-6.6 internal volume before the ports and sub, assuming all sides are 3/4".

and how deep are those ports? any reason they arent the full height of the box? seems it would be much more work to build like that. and if it was to keep the port length down because of less port area, a narrower full height port could have been used.

Edited by maddmatt02

Thats the same setup i got going right now. They really love the power from that amp :]

awesome,any pics ,vids, ?

i failed!!! i followed your post, all three pages, just didn't look to see who commented. lol..... how is the setup doing, breaking in and getting louder?

The box is 4 cubes before port and sub displacement. I didnt make the port longer because i thought you couldn't have more than a 1:9 width to height ratio.

i failed!!! i followed your post, all three pages, just didn't look to see who commented. lol..... how is the setup doing, breaking in and getting louder?

It has gotten a lot louder!!!! I just cant wait to get some sound deadener because i cant really hear if the subs are distorting or not because of all the rattles so i keep it toned down just a bit. I dont have a vid camera. I tried one with my phone but the sound is all screwed up. Ill have to try with my parents digital camera one day

picked ours up today, DAM , they are nicely built, the guys at the shop are all into them, so now they are ordering the dp 21"s!