Sign in to follow this  
cjj2d

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

sorry just had to post how damn psyched I am now that the announcement has been made about the new driver sale. I knew it was coming any day now it had been too quiet around here.

So now to just figure out 2 things:

1) how/where the hell I am pulling the cash out of my ass for new sub(s) after vacation next week. (hehe... it can be done)

2) do I stick with a single 15??? dual 12s??? or dual 15s????

but of course the whole point of this thread is...

:woot::rockwoot::woot:NEW SI SUBS ARE SOON TO BE HAD!!!

2 15's !!!!

I want some 12's bad but I don't have the cash ATM

yeah, that is what I am thinking. But that calls for a new amp also.

I could always grab two for now and a new Orion 2500D in a couple of weeks.

this could get ugly.

yeah, that is what I am thinking. But that calls for a new amp also.

I could always grab two for now and a new Orion 2500D in a couple of weeks.

this could get ugly.

I know how loud the single 12 was with 400 watts, I can't imagine dual 15's with that monster of an amp

yeah, my current Mag15 still suprises me as to how loud it can get. let alone the new version.

As much as I want to do 2 I will probably stick with one.

buuuut, I am itching to try two. who knows, I will decide when I get back from vaca and the sale is on.

so what's the Logo on the dustcap?? the Stereo Integrity one along the side of the home page???

it works for me.

so what's the Logo on the dustcap?? the Stereo Integrity one along the side of the home page???

it works for me.

You got it.

What is the RMS and the Xmax on the 15's and are they all d2's? This may have been posted somehwere else but i havent dug through all old posts.

What is the RMS and the Xmax on the 15's and are they all d2's? This may have been posted somehwere else but i havent dug through all old posts.

RMS is the same as the previous models. Thermal it should handle quite a bit more, but for warranty reasons, I'm sure you can understand the conservative ratings. I really don't know anyone running them with less than the RMS and they are still going strong. I myself will be running 3-400watts as they simply do NOT need a lot of power.

Xmax is spec'd at 24mm for the proto, so I doubt the final product will be any different.

What was the RMS on the old model I forget? I wanna say a thousand but my memory may not serve me right. Also they only come in d2's right? No d4 or d1?

900 watts RMS rating on the 12 and 950 watts RMS rating on the 15. The latter is not a power requirement, nor is it a thermal rating. The previous versions withstood over 3k watt burps, but of course that is not recommended by any means. ;) Burnt coils are not warranteed either, so the amount of power you throw on it is ultimately up to you.

And yes, the drivers are only offered in dual 2 Ohm configuration.

:fing34:

900 watts RMS rating on the 12 and 950 watts RMS rating on the 15.  The latter is not a power requirement, nor is it a thermal rating.  The previous versions withstood over 3k watt burps, but of course that is not recommended by any means.  ;)  Burnt coils are not warranteed either, so the amount of power you throw on it is ultimately up to you. 

And yes, the drivers are only offered in dual 2 Ohm configuration.

Really, I was going to drive around with it running 3k daily...damn

Just kidding it would see 500watts, but it wont now cause my amp only runs at 2ohms. Damn, someother time maybe.