sundownz

Nightshades No More !

The current model Nightshade is officially discontinued. We used the last brand new motor in stock today.

This is how the Sundown Audio line will look soon :

Z series v.2 = 1500-watt RMS model

* ETA is 6-8 weeks

Nightshade v.2 = 2000-watt RMS model

* ETA is mid 2010 (maybe sooner)

Both of these new drivers will feature several new technological advancements compared to the Nightshade v.1 to improve power handling and output per watt (efficiency).

We will also be offering a spider option with double up tinsel leads for folks that like to run amps at 1/2 ohm daily.

I won't release a whole bunch of details just yet. I will let the testing speak for itself when they are available.

-----

Here is just a little bit of data from testing the initial Z 15" v.2 prototype motor (which lacks several improvements of the production model):

148.4 -- 1250 watts

150.1 -- 2020 watts

150.8 -- 2530 watts

152.5 -- 3980 watts

153.1 -- 5350 watts

153.2 -- 5570 watts

This prototype has a gap that is a full 1.6mm wider than production... this means this motor is "weaker" than what production will be.

CIMG1728.JPG

CIMG1727.JPG

I was calling this the "NS-X" For a little while... we went with a lighter coil to "take it down" to our 1500-watt driver. Make no mistake, though, it will take power well :)

I am shooting for ~1 dB gain vs. the SPL results I tested at equal power with the Z v.2 -- I think that with my final improvements it is possible.

On the SPL testing... that was in my Jeep, no wall, sealed on the dash, at 53 hz. I forgot to mention that.

CIMG2128.JPG

Is there going to be a preorder on either the nightshades or z 15's?

i see that the lineup only includes the nightshade and z

what about the sa12 and x8?

The sa-12's are still available as they are adding the sa-10 and sa-15 soon.

i see that the lineup only includes the nightshade and z

what about the sa12 and x8?

The sa-12's are still available as they are adding the sa-10 and sa-15 soon.

tigerwoods.jpg

I built one up (prototype motor still) for a show tomorrow... D1 with just two of the new spiders + double leads.

Burped two 3500s @ 1/4 each on it resulting in 154.2 dB -- with my voltage drop / impedance rise that is probably around 7kw... I may get time to clamp @ the show tomorrow.

Nightshade v.2 = 2000-watt RMS model

* ETA is mid 2010 (maybe sooner)

is that the refered to as the monster?

Sounds like my new SPL build will be with two Z 15" v.2's! How much are we looking at Pre-Sale on these?

Will the Z15 v.2 be able to handle around 3k daily? I think I just found my new sub if I don't then I will be going with the Nightshade v.1.

Edited by mdizzle5472

I was almost right on applied power :)

Clamped 7200 watts @ 154.3 dB at the competition yesterday.