Sign in to follow this  
joshp

The SI 15" has some competition

Well it looks like the SI 15" is going to have some competition from the 16" OV2 as it finally came out. I guess we'll see which is supreme.

Some of the comments from mags for the ED line:

"the embodiment of what a great subwoofer should be"

"the real deal"

"defines how low frequency should be reproduced"

UH.

I hope you're kidding?

About naming our drivers after the hundredth of an inch of what they actually are, yes I am kidding. :Doh:

About the original postee...you'll have to take that up with him. :slayer:

UH.

I hope you're kidding?

Actually all those comments are on their site. As for matching the performance I figure the new SI will win. Not to put ED down. I currently have two of their flat cone 10's in a sealed box and they get pretty loud and I know other people have had reliability issues but mine have been fine. I know someone that bought their new 13kv2 and the sound quality impressed along with how loud it got for a single 12/13". It played all types of music including classical very well. I sounded like you were listening to a live classical performance. My 10's on the other hand sound good with anything but classical. They just don't seem to respond or reproduce it well.

Anyway yeah I figure the SI 15" although I've never owned their speakers will outperform the 16ov2. This is going to be awesome. I'm going to run the 15 in a sealed box hopefully it will be louder than my 2 10's and sound better. I will be getting 250 watts more than my 2 tens that received 600 rms total.

I love the internet sub companies. I don't know if I'll ever buy another sub from a store like circuit city, best buy or good guys.

If a reviewee is obsessed with sub-30 Hz information, than maybe they have missed out what a great subwoofer should embody. The ability to play the sub sonic, lower bass, and lower midbass areas are atributes not commonly associated with single subwooffers. Sure you hear about "massive low end" or "midbass was killer", but you never hear a review that combines the two.

When someone is ready to cross the boundaries into previously un-charted territory and audition a subwoofer that is capable of all of the above, the result is usually spear-headed with a "holy $hit" comment.

Maybe we need to send one of our woofers to a magazine.

UH.

I hope you're kidding?

Actually all those comments are on their site. As for matching the performance I figure the new SI will win. Not to put ED down. I currently have two of their flat cone 10's in a sealed box and they get pretty loud and I know other people have had reliability issues but mine have been fine. I know someone that bought their new 13kv2 and the sound quality impressed along with how loud it got for a single 12/13". It played all types of music including classical very well. I sounded like you were listening to a live classical performance. My 10's on the other hand sound good with anything but classical. They just don't seem to respond or reproduce it well.

Anyway yeah I figure the SI 15" although I've never owned their speakers will outperform the 16ov2. This is going to be awesome. I'm going to run the 15 in a sealed box hopefully it will be louder than my 2 10's and sound better. I will be getting 250 watts more than my 2 tens that received 600 rms total.

I love the internet sub companies. I don't know if I'll ever buy another sub from a store like circuit city, best buy or good guys.

Oh if I'm looking for SQ out of this SI 15" I'm guessing I should run close to a 2.2 cubic feet box. Am I right? Or should I run 3 cubic feet?

UH.

I hope you're kidding?

Oh if I'm looking for SQ out of this SI 15" I'm guessing I should run close to a 2.2 cubic feet box. Am I right? Or should I run 3 cubic feet?

You can run whatever sounds best to you. You may find you like a larger, boomier enclosure. There are a lot of variables.

As far as the compariosn is concerned, he he.

UH.

I hope you're kidding?

You can run whatever sounds best to you. You may find you like a larger, boomier enclosure. There are a lot of variables.

As far as the compariosn is concerned, he he.

Are these current up to date specs for the new 15's?

http://www.stereointegrity.com/Magnum15.html

no ported specs up yet

Mags for me thanks ;)

On top of that, its a peopel thing. I only spoke to eD like twice in my life via email and I guess they seemed friendly enough, but Nick and SI are a totally different ballgame. He is always on hand, even when he workd 14 hour days, he replies to emails within hours (as long as they get to him :D ) and he will tell it like it is, especially about his own products.

That is some mix of respectable qualities.

dam i missed this thread yesterday, haha,

I never really got what happened to ED in the 1st place, i just remember dude wasn't making enough subs, but was still taking the money also, he wasn't making them right, i guess all of that has changed now.

Now I guess hifonics is on the chit list.

no ported specs up yet

I be willing to bet Nick is waiting on a driver to test and put specs. Guess he didnt want to use the proto to do it. < all a guess.

dam i missed this thread yesterday, haha,

I never really got what happened to ED in the 1st place, i just remember dude wasn't making enough subs, but was still taking the money also, he wasn't making them right, i guess all of that has changed now.

Now I guess hifonics is on the chit list.

People found out the Brutus amps aren't underrated, they are a little OVERRATED.

But more and more competitors use the Collosus(sp?) which does rated power and then some.

eD couldn't get subs built yes, but they also knowingly built a flawed design. Sold the chit out of it, then got so many returns stopped building them and blamed buildhoses for not being able to get parts, while not paying his bill to them.

More or less thats a scratch over the surface as to what happened.

BTW Josh P.... I don't think the 15ov2..yeah not 16 its a 15 it annoys me.. anyway.. I don't think it could be a horrible woofer. Many love it. I just don't think the people saying it is competition for SI have heard the Mag, and obviously not heard the Proto's. I don't think they are in the same league. And they weren't meant to be regardless.

It takes a long time to type with one hand!!!!!!!

Jordan

Mags for me thanks ;)

On top of that, its a peopel thing. I only spoke to eD like twice in my life via email and I guess they seemed friendly enough, but Nick and SI are a totally different ballgame. He is always on hand, even when he workd 14 hour days, he replies to emails within hours (as long as they get to him :D ) and he will tell it like it is, especially about his own products.

That is some mix of respectable qualities.

You forget about Nick's sexy legs too. Does ED have those? I think not!

i aint seen his legs, but i'll take your word for it :D

Lets just say we thought about putting a picture of them on the dust cap... but we decided that we would sell too many drivers and would never be able to keep them in stock :D

:stupid: i do belive you are right about the leg but im not real sure about selling too many woofers because of them lol

I think they're both great subs and obtain what their designs were made for. I have both an ov.2 and a Mag and a flatcone O( too bad i just sold my Brahma and Kodas would be nice comparo) and like all of them but don't think one is clearly better than the other. All of them do very well for what the designer made them for and will satisfy different peoples needs or wants.

I've been trying to email stereo integrity but they havent responded. i was woundering what it cost for 2 15 in. mag d2's

hopely somebody can help me out